Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 01-11-2008, 10:54 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid
Default Bands

Just got a random question. Is anyone here in a band? I am. Or at least I'm the band manager. I couldn't stay for the rehearsal of our first song though, my knee was hurting too much.(might be dislocated) They only hired me because I am better than all of them at making and editing videos. I have the best camera out of all of them. And most of them are really good friend's of mine.

We are The Flaming Dice(I think)
Old 01-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)

Yea, I'm lead/rhythm guitar
I'm not sure what the name is though

F150 with body kit blue body with body kit stage 2 motor

"I'm a chiquita banana" see for your self http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...uitabanana.jpg
Old 01-13-2008, 09:49 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindman8 View Post
Yea, I'm lead/rhythm guitar
I'm not sure what the name is though
Still practicing our first song.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (3)

I will as soon as i learn to play bass guitar soon enought...
Old 01-13-2008, 11:35 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to guitarboy911

uhh..are you kiding me i just wrote all this into another music thread....
-copy and paste is your friend!

- I am in 1 and 1/2 maby 2 and a 1/2..lol its confuzing..
-i have played for 5,000 and have played at a nice venue where everybody has played..i mean ZZ top...Motley crue trivium...you name it they have played there..

-Ill put links maybe i might be leaving a band so...
Old 01-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)

I found out the name today...Screams of Eternity

F150 with body kit blue body with body kit stage 2 motor

"I'm a chiquita banana" see for your self http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...uitabanana.jpg
Old 01-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

I'm gonna plug my friends band, because the guitarist is simply amazing for his age. And live the shows are wild.

Who likes the work of Stevie Ray Vaughn, Buddy Guy, Hendrix, Van Halen, and other great blues and rock guitar gods? Now, imagine a young band with that charisma, skill, and love for guitar.

Enter The Blue Threads. Truly, this is music, not the typical emo-wanna-be crap that floods the scene these days with teen bands. Dalton is an absolutely INSANE guitarist, especially for his age. And his stage presence is outstanding. Its a friends band (I know the drummer, ex-bassist, and met the guitarist a few times.. he's quiet off stage). One of the strongest young bands in Houston. Local blues legends have been bringing these guys up.

Check them out at http://www.myspace.com/thebluethreads They have several original songs, and two covers on the myspace. Then go buy the CD. Its studio quality, so those with a hifi set of speakers won't cringe.

"Rock Me Baby", a BB King cover is a wild one.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 01-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
I'm gonna plug my friends band, because the guitarist is simply amazing for his age. And live the shows are wild.

Who likes the work of Stevie Ray Vaughn, Buddy Guy, Hendrix, Van Halen, and other great blues and rock guitar gods? Now, imagine a young band with that charisma, skill, and love for guitar.

Enter The Blue Threads. Truly, this is music, not the typical emo-wanna-be crap that floods the scene these days with teen bands. Dalton is an absolutely INSANE guitarist, especially for his age. And his stage presence is outstanding. Its a friends band (I know the drummer, ex-bassist, and met the guitarist a few times.. he's quiet off stage). One of the strongest young bands in Houston. Local blues legends have been bringing these guys up.

Check them out at http://www.myspace.com/thebluethreads They have several original songs, and two covers on the myspace. Then go buy the CD. Its studio quality, so those with a hifi set of speakers won't cringe.

"Rock Me Baby", a BB King cover is a wild one.
pretty good but to many simple chords in my opinion....alot better than whats out there though...
Old 01-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Check out all their songs, good 15 minutes or so of stuff up on there. Some wild guitar in a few of them.

Don't Give Up, Twisted Mind, and Sweet Irony is his originals. The dude has style like no one else in a high school band Need to get video of the dudes live. Good shows man.

Love small shows. Gotta love that ol' school rock'n'roll and Blues.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 01-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Advance member

yeah..i cant decide if i like the blend of all of it...it good but idk...they're trying to be modern with old school and the modern has no relation to the old school so its hard...but kudos to them for pullin' it off.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:15 PM
is here

Well, I almost had to fire our lead singer because she missed 7 practices. But she showed up to the one on Friday. Now we just need to rehearse our first song. We aren't an emo band like most bands in our area(highschoolers) We are the only band in our middle school thus far. Some other people are trying to compete with us, but come nowhere near close. TI, I think you posted a link to them awhile back. They are awesome!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarboy911 View Post
yeah..i cant decide if i like the blend of all of it...it good but idk...they're trying to be modern with old school and the modern has no relation to the old school so its hard...but kudos to them for pullin' it off.
But you gotta give it, the dude is 18/19. Definably at a good start for a 1st CD. Moderness may come from his youngness, who knows. I'll record these guys on video next show I goto.

So, does anyone else have any material to post?

Old 01-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Advance member

Quote:
But you gotta give it, the dude is 18/19. Definably at a good start for a 1st CD. Moderness may come from his youngness, who knows. I'll record these guys on video next show I goto.

So, does anyone else have any material to post?
- yeah id like to see them as well...what year are they in high school.
-next time im in Texas ill hit you up.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

The Lead guitar/Singer is a Senior, the current Basist as far as I know is a Sr. (have yet to meet him). The drummer is a sophomore with me. Ex bassist was a senior.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Advance member

Quote:
The Lead guitar/Singer is a Senior, the current Basist as far as I know is a Sr. (have yet to meet him). The drummer is a sophomore with me. Ex bassist was a senior.
-thats cool..they have a good band until next year when college rolls around...they're most likly gunna split.