Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 08-09-2008, 03:09 PM

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Xmod 300c Limo.

Oh by the way did I mention that it is Di-cast? So this Limo weighs in at about 33oz and the running gear is about 8oz so all in all 41 oz with out the batteries installed. I am using a old F-150 that i got for the running gear. So with lots of super glue and some luck I should have this done today sometime.... I hope I will post pics as I take them. Now keep in mind I am not looking for this thing to be fast. Just move.... most likely very slowly.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:57 PM
is going fishin'

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to wadethejuggalo

what color do you have planned? should be intresting
Old 08-09-2008, 10:00 PM

Default Some photos!!

So I rather like the way this turned out. I took the photos after I did a test run and to my surprise it was properly quick. So quick in fact that I rolled it a few times, But, I mean when you consider how much this thing weighs. I have it at 41oz with out the batteries in it. The cells I am using are 1200ma AAA on the stock ECU with no fet upgrades and a sealed ball berring motor. (the motor was out of a airplane I had totaled) but under load it is a performer. The frame is rubbish but it was basically glued to gether in a hurry, the suspention is set up pretty well after 5 attempts. The steering box is jammed a bit. but when It first worked it was nimble and firm to the ground. IT does seem to traction roll and I have a custom tire in mind that will help that ( I think ) So let me know what you think. I should have a video of it running up on Youtube soon I will embed it here once I do. Thanks all.

Last edited by jepensedoucjsuis; 08-10-2008 at 12:46 AM.. Reason: make photos work
Old 08-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

Thats sweet. Never heard of an Xmod limo....or seen one.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:04 PM

Default Let me know if you have any ideas I should do.

the tittle says it all I am looking for input and would like some opinions.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Looks cool. I'd try getting the 300's model wheels and adapting them to the xmods axles.

The chassis is part of the model's I assume?

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 08-09-2008, 11:18 PM

Default Hmm

I tryed that one time before, adapting wheels to work, I have all 4 wheels ant they would look great, but the tires that are on it would just be slaughtered in one run, this thing is so heavy I am chewing up "slam" tires (hard) 1 set in about 6 batt's and I mean major wear. so I dont know if that is a good way to go. But you are right the frame part of the model, I figured the snap on mounting system was already there..... Why not right? Hey you might know the answer to this, Live axels for Xmods... I want them for a nother project, but I am thinking they would give me more gearing options for this car as well.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:12 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Not bad! I've seen someone build an F-150 limo out of balsa wood which was a little more imaginative than just mounting a model but overall the mount looks great so good job!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 08-10-2008, 12:43 AM

Default yeah...

I started a Cadilac Escalade limo usig the same idea, I took a model cut it down and used model plastic ( normaly used i building HO scale train building and such) to extend it and it all seemed to work but it could not handle being used it kept cracking and just was rubbish. so I abandoned that project. I came across many dicast limos for like 70+ bucks, but found this one for 30 so I figured eh lets give it ago. The greatest thing is this, I towed a gps behind it about a hour ago and on level surface 7.8mph top speed, 9.4 going down a steep hill. so for weighing 41 oz and towing a 4.8oz GPS doing 7.8 is not to bad.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:48 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

I saw a chevy pickup that was long like that on XMF but urs looks great keep up the awsome work.