Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 09-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Life is like a game

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Just asking for help please

Okay so my friend was selling his 06 mustang starter kit with some upgrades for $15 so i was like sweet good deal, but right before i paid for it he said there was a slight electrical problem. i thought to myself that i could easily fix it once he told me what it was (the problem is that there was no screw holding down the battery holder and that it shorts out whenever it shifts.) so i took it home to see what was wrong and it drove for about 2ft and shorted out .then i put in a screw for the battery holder then it shorted out again so i tried again this morning thinking it just need a rest then it did a couple circles then shorted out and won't turn back on. thats justs my first problem.
Heres what i got for the $15 though:
1. 1 chassis w/ stock motor and awd
2. 1 06' mustang body
3. 1 06' mustang bk
4. 1 green neon underglow
5. 1 light kit
6. 3 sets of rims
7. the remote
8. batteries
Does anyone have any suggestions or anything advice that can help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garder121 View Post
not so secret anymore but this is so sexy i'm gonna mix spanish and english together muy=very + sexy=sexy = smexy *very sexy* but i love the version more than the stock it just looks so nice idk how to explain myself.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Elite member

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15683

Old 09-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotmikal View Post
+1

It's actually a loosen wire connection, not a screw that causes this problem

Remove the electronic board cover, it's the middle part, unscrew a couple of screws and you'll be able to remove it freely.

now check if there is any wire that is'nt connected to the board.

Oh and makesure that the antenna is screwed on.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:51 PM

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Kaze

hmm I've never heard of a board shorting out through the battery holder. I'd say remove all the lights/underglow from the board, and just run it bare chassis (no body) while you diagnose this.

I'm guessing the whole chassis is pretty much stock minus the AWD. Did you see any smoke when you shorted out? does it have 18g Wire (I had a similar problem and found the if the wire is too think and you try to fit it all back together the board actually cuts the power wires letting bare wire touch the board).

Try dissassembling it as much as you can so that its just the bare board soldered to the battery pack, and servo (at wires length from each other) and see what responses you get.

P.S. This section is for forum "Questions, complaints, and comments" not for Xmods

Edit* C1v1c beat me to another issue, try his idea first (seeing how you'll have to disassemble things anyways)

Old 09-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Life is like a game

Sorry about posting in the wrong section, i haven't been on in such a while I didn't know. Looks like I got some rules to read....but I got another question.
The mustang chassis doesn't look longer than my scion tc chassis but the mustang body seems to be too long for the tc chassis, is the mustang chassis longer or is it just the body? also if the body in longer then would a evo VIII body fit on a scion chassis, because if thats so then i'll just get a evo VIII body.

Quote:
not so secret anymore but this is so sexy i'm gonna mix spanish and english together muy=very + sexy=sexy = smexy *very sexy* but i love the version more than the stock it just looks so nice idk how to explain myself.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (3)

http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories...atibility.aspx
Old 09-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Life is like a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1v1c View Post
Thanks i needed that so all I i have to do is add/remove the spacer and change/remover the driveshaft got it looks like i'll be making b/s/t thread trading that mustang body w/bk for an evo viii body w/bk because I'm not looking to do that kind of work.

Quote:
Old 09-07-2009, 08:15 PM
the torqueinator

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

neo mags... get neomags!!!

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears
Old 09-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Life is like a game

I love this site because most people are nice especially when it comes to questions like when the person asking the is new or haven't been on or around xmods in a long time (myself), but,
1. what in the world in a neo mag?
2. is www.rcmart.com safe to shop at? ( because for certain thing they are cheaper than atomic mods
3. If anyone wants to trade a 06' mustang w/bk and neon underglow (green) for an evo viii w/bk pm me

Quote:

Last edited by garder121; 09-07-2009 at 09:14 PM..
Old 09-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Neo mags are neodymium magnets which are stronger then stock magnets and gives you more torque once they are installed properly.

Their safe to shop at, just remember their in China so shipping is slower. Atomicmods stuff are overpriced anyways. Well, some of the items are.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Life is like a game

Thanks for the help guys, hopefully I can get to send my xmod to TrippleXmodder for some work and I'll be ordering from rcmart and wait for their long shipping because atomicmods is highway robbery.
If anyone wants to trade a 06' mustang w/bk and neon underglow (green) for an evo viii w/bk pm me (offer still standing)(anyone, it looks pretty good)

Quote:
Old 09-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Elite member

Quote:
If anyone wants to trade a 06' mustang w/bk and neon underglow (green) for an evo viii w/bk pm me (offer still standing)(anyone, it looks pretty good)
This needs to stay in the B/S/T section, according to the rules. Wouldn't want you getting in any trouble.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Life is like a game

ok thanks mods its ok to close this thread if u please.

Quote: