Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 03:10 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

No, the Titan's sales have dropped considerably due to its lack of reliability... And the ridgeline was a joke of a true truck. Kinda just lacked everything that makes a truck, a truck... Bad at offroading, only a V6(and a weak one at that), fwd(I dont remember that), bad towing capacity, and finally it looked wierd.

As for this truck, and Motortrend makes the best example, is Toyota only aimed for one demographic, and thats the middle optioned truck. The topend tundra is 3 grand or so over a similarly eqiupped (and better optioned at that) GM truck, primarily the Silverado. And its base is over 5 grand more than the Silverado's, so there goes any fleet sales the Tundra could have gotten.

But all is lost of the Tundra next year when the Cadi's 400hp V8 and 6speed auto leak down to the Chevys.

Have you read about the frame one the Tundra, its an interesting design. Like the front is hyrdoformed, center is boxed, and the rear is c channel. Dont get the point of it, the GMT900s are all hydroformed. Bigger brakes, but the thing stops identically (133ft) to the Silverado with the factory 20's(or 19's?). And its front brakes are less than an inch bigger... but the rears are about 2 inches larger than the Silverados I think. The braking #s would maybe be different under similar loads.

Next up, is the reliability of this new V8 and 6speed, both of which are unproven for toyota.

Its an interesting entry to the fullsize truck lineup, for once an import has made and truck that can be a player, but if toyota cant aim this truck right, its useless. And their not aiming right.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 03-12-2007, 09:50 AM

Trader Rating: (0)

u guys are just sour cuz u drive something crappy so stop knocking that boy for movin up in the world i mean relly wut is bad about buying a new truck got feel superior somewere else becuse that aint cool ohh and by the way with the right money and tools u can put any motor on any car
Old 03-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by kase1233 View Post
u guys are just sour cuz u drive something crappy so stop knocking that boy for movin up in the world i mean relly wut is bad about buying a new truck got feel superior somewere else becuse that aint cool ohh and by the way with the right money and tools u can put any motor on any car
Sour because I drive something crappy? How about a 1969 Chevy CST/10? Hell, more valuable than this Tundra will ever be.

By the way, hes more than likely BS'n. I have an old thread here for a 1998 GMC Jimmy that he claimed to have a Red Dodge ram, then on xmodworld.com said the exact description, only it was an F150 this time around. So, unless he gets a picture of my screen name written on a piece of paper, taken infront of the grille, and infront of the guages (so you cant just walk to the parking lot when you see onw) then Ill believe him. Shouldnt be hard if its sitting in his drive way.

edit, heres the links
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/show...5&postcount=14
http://www.xmodworld.com/modules.php...=182413#182413

Now you see why I think theres no tundra in his driveway?

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 03-13-2007 at 06:19 PM..
Old 03-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to Firebirdman

First of all, to clear **** up, my family goes through cars, like we go through food. It's ridiculous, and yes, I've owned both a dodge ram (not by me personally, my brothers truck, I just like claiming it ) although it's now sold, and the f350 I mentioned, which is my off-duty toy, and because I'm in the Enfield Police Department, I've also got lights and a siren in it, in case of an emergency or off-duty call (if you know anything about police or firefighters, you know what I'm talking about). The f350 is in the back, because the diesel for it is a *****, prices are just too high. My dad had been driving the '92 camry because he's owned all kinds of vehicles, and so far, by his PREFERENCE, he prefers the toyotas, because of their reliability. Recently, he bought the '07 tundra, not for me, so don't be making off like I'm saying it's mine, that's his baby, not mine, and he loves it so far. To this point, you've got no right to be knocking on the tundra. So far, it's been one of the best trucks we've had in the family... You need to own one before you can start talking $hit, so next time, do us all a favor, and just hold your breath.
Thanks, -FBM

P.S.- about the pictures, I didn't take them, I don't have a working camera as of right now, so my dad took some pics of it at the Gale Toyota lot, and then after it got out of the carwash. I'll edit this post momentarily after I put the pics into photobucket.

EDIT:

Last edited by Firebirdman; 03-13-2007 at 07:20 PM..
Old 03-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Colorful story, but alot of BS. On the F350 and Ram, something tells me those two were both almost the same story, minus the truck names. With in the same few days too. So lets see the both that both match that description...

I dont need to own the thing to tell the facts. If I can sit inside and say the interior feels cheap, I did. If I say that the braking (one of their key thing in advertisement) is exactly the same (133ft, pick up this issue of Motortrend if you wish) I will. If I think its ugly, I dont need to own it to see that it is. Go check the pricing yourself to see, that again, my statements are rather fact based.

Is Toyota's new engine and 6-speed trans been long-term tested? Nope. So reliability has yet to be seen.

So, do me a favor, and read up about the Tundra

Old 03-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Advance member

Isn't there like some new rule about people doing this kinda stuff? just coming into someones thread and dropping a bomb, and then constantly just rag on and on about it too??? First of all, the ram has been sold, a while ago, it was an 02, and now my brothers got a silverado or 1500, w/e they are. The f350, i dont have any pics of personally. Second, I don't care about what you thought the "interior felt like". It's far from cheap, and they are multiple fabric and material options, so the odds of what you graced, and what we own, are slim. Braking and towing....Who seriously gives two $hits?? I'm sure my dad could care less about slamming to a stop from 60 mph or driving up some ramp, having it spin, and then stop on a dime, all while towing a huge load...last i checked, he doesn't do that all too often. And if you think it's ugly, GREAT, I don't, and personally i think the silverado's and all that crap is ugly as well, but that's a matter of opinion, and one could pointlessly argue about it all day. So really, just get over it, you wanna call me a bull****ter fine, go ahead, believe what you wanna believe, but in the meantime, don't be interupting my threads to do so. I posted this just so people could know a little about them, and talk about the tundras, and how much they like them. I don't recall asking anyone to compare them to a silverado or w/e for me. So again just drop it. Instead, find a silverdo/chevy thread, and go talk there. Here, we're talking about the perks in the tundra. -FBM

P.S. True, the tundra's new V8 will be tested for reliablity, and we're definitely putting it to the test. So far, its been just fine. I'll be sure to let everyone know when the slightest mishap comes up with it, so everyone knows. Thanks
Old 03-13-2007, 09:09 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

[QUOTE=Firebirdman;80446]Isn't there like some new rule about people doing this kinda stuff? just coming into someones thread and dropping a bomb, and then constantly just rag on and on about it too???[/QUOTE]

yes it is called flamming (flame war) and you guys need to chill out or this thread will be closed by the mod of this section
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 03-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Advance member

Thank you, 'nuff said.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Xmod Expert

I believe we need to create a new forum-wide rule; no brand/company wars.

But I agree with DRFTKO, clean it up guys. No more back and fourth wars. Both parties have very good points, but there is no reason to bash a truck just because its got features, looks, etc that aren't what a "good o'le American truck" has.

Last edited by REDisFASTER; 03-13-2007 at 09:26 PM..
Old 03-13-2007, 09:28 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDisFASTER View Post
great idea, everytime a brand vs. brand thread is created, it is always flammed to death. I also believe it is time this thread is closed so it doesnt get any worse than it already is
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 03-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDisFASTER

great idea, everytime a brand vs. brand thread is created, it is always flammed to death. I also believe it is time this thread is closed so it doesnt get any worse than it already is
Probably a good idea....It's so ridiculous when someone has to fight over an opinion...well i think this better...no, i think this is better. PEOPLE, AN OPINION IS AN OPINION, IF YOU LIKE SOMETHING, GREAT, BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT ANY BETTER THAN ANTHING ELSE, ESPECIALLY NOT SOMEONE ELSES OPINION! Some people just don't understand, and it's especially hard, when it's your own car being flammed on... IMO, Im fine with this thread being closed. It would have been fine, had some certain flammer not ruined it...but anyways, in the sake of the tundra, it is a nice truck. On the new rule note, I'd bring that up with a mod or admin if i were you...thats a pretty good idea and a pretty big problem around here. Thanks, guys. -FBM
Old 03-14-2007, 02:13 AM
Elite member

hey hey everybody, I'm a hardcore domestics guy, and i honestly think toyota finally built a tough looking truck, and you know what, good for them!
Don't you guys think its a little bit funny how people are fighting about which is better, chevy or toyota? I mean its like comparing Jif peanut butter and Skippy peanut butter, they're both peanut butter, both got chunky and smooth, and both taste like peanuts, so if you like one more than the other, good for you, but don't fight about. Just read all the above arguments and substitute Toyota and Tundra with Skippy, and Chevy and Silverado with Jif. its a stupid argument.
Why can't we just agree to disagree, on peanut butter and trucks.

oh back on topic.... oh...uh......

Firebirdman, score on the camry with the 350 haha, it must haul!

Old 03-14-2007, 03:25 AM
The Daywalker

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux

there will be some infractions given for this BS....

I knew I should have locked this yesterday. but no, I thought for a minute that people could keep this civilized....and once again, you proved that you have the combined maturity of a 5 year old.

"Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?"
Subaru --- All We'll Drive
Member: NSW, USC, MNS, C4C. Founder/Owner: NCC
Old 03-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

We cant even have a car discussion on here like civilized people without some flamming or bashing breaking out. Come on guys.
Closed Thread