Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Modification
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 12-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to FlaminG35
Post Evo Driveshaft Info

Well, since i've been seeing a lot of people having some driveshaft problems lately, I've decided to make a thread about it to help everyone, with driveshaft problems, of course. This info page only covers the Evo series XMods, so one of you older XMod modders, feel free to make an info page about the first gens. Well, LET'S GO! ( to Captain Tenneal in MXC)

Basic Knowledge About The Driveshafts
There are three driveshafts lengths. Small, medium, and long. This has to do with the AWD upgrades, as your XMod doesn't come with them. When installed, the driveshaft transfers turning power from the rear differential to the front differential, which turns the front dogbones, and in turn turns the front wheels, thus having AWD. Thats just some basic knowledge, though.

Driveshaft Length Information
As you know allready, there are three lengths, small, medium, and long. Heres a little more in-depth information about the lengths.

1) The long driveshaft- The long driveshaft properly fits on the long chassis, and the long chassis has the long spacer in it. The XMods with the long spacer are: 2005 Ford Mustang, Infiniti G35, and the F150. Make sure when you install AWD to use the long driveshaft in these cars/truck.

2) The medium driveshaft- The medium driveshaft properly fits on the short chassis, and the short chassis has the short spacer in it. The XMods with the medium spacer are: Mitsubishi Lancer, 1967 Firebird, and the Hummer H2. Make sure when you install AWD to use the medium driveshaft in these cars/truck. The tC also has the short spacer, but I only know this because I got one for christmas .

3) The short driveshaft- This driveshaft is kinda special. You only use this driveshaft when you COMPLETELY take out the spacer in your EVO XMod. The only reason you'd want to do this is to have it so that the older First Generation XMod short chassis Bodies fit the new Evo chassis. The First Gen. XMod bodies that originally fit the short First Gen. chassis, which in the Evo series will require the short driveshaft and removal of the spacer are: 2004 Ford Mustang, Honda NSX, and the Acura RSX. Those are the only First Gen. bodies that will require you take out the spacer and use the short driveshaft with.

Well, now that you have all this information about driveshafts, go out and help your fellow XModders!

***HELP***: Which spacer does the Titan have? Once I know I'll delete this part of the thread and insert the Titan info into the correct driveshaft length section. Thanks!

TO MODS: Please move this to the right area if it isn't in the right one. Oh, and I hope this is good enough to get stickied once I get the Titan info!

If you're an Import Lover, DON'T RACE A MUSCLE CAR! You send out a bad name for the rest of us!
Old 12-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (12)

Nice! Very useful info...and I believe the titan uses the small driveshaft. When I was helping my gf install AWD in her hummer the directions said that the shorter drive shaft would be used for a "new edition to the truck lineup" this was before the Titan was released. So I do believe it uses the shorter driveshaft...I could be wrong though. Thanks for all the info!!!!
Old 12-31-2006, 01:14 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic_guy116
Nice! Very useful info...and I believe the titan uses the small driveshaft.

nope, titan uses the long driveshaft. Just like the f150.

I never had trouble with my driveshaft. what trouble are you talking about?!?