Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > Beginner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 02-23-2010, 02:23 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxinflixion View Post
AWD kit is going back. Going to keep the Stage 2 since it was so cheap. If they still have the Silver GT-R I will pick one up when I take back the AWD kit.

I am going to search for a full tear down guide today so I know what is what. I haven't actually taken mine apart yet, so I don't even know what a knuckle is, yet everyone says it is a good part to replace .

Already in the mail are:

Foam Tires
Aluminum Wheels w/ metal wheel nuts
14 pc. Bearing Set
GPM front and rear shocks
GPM engine heat sink

Once I install that stage 2 and really get to tearing her down, I'll see what parts I'd really like to replace.
I can go ahead and answer that question for you...you will like to replace all of the parts on the chassis!

Once you tear it down and catch the fever, you will be on the road to a full alloy build before you know it! Good luck with your project and welcome to the site!
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 02-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFTKO View Post
I can go ahead and answer that question for you...you will like to replace all of the parts on the chassis!

Once you tear it down and catch the fever, you will be on the road to a full alloy build before you know it! Good luck with your project and welcome to the site!
You aren't kidding. After performing a tear-down on an extra car today, I see a lot of stuff that would look cooler and work better that way!

**edit**

Rather than order things piece by piece and get hammered by shipping, I just bit the bullet and ordered a nice chunk of GPM stuff (Front and Rear Knuckles, Front Gearbox Cover, Steering Plate and Steering Plate Protector). Should make for a nice setup when it finally arrives.

Last edited by maxinflixion; 02-25-2010 at 07:26 AM..
Old 02-27-2010, 10:10 PM
People gotta hate me.

It sounds like it should turn into a good looking, and good performing car really quickly. Keep us posted on the progress, peace.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sypherxero View Post
It sounds like it should turn into a good looking, and good performing car really quickly. Keep us posted on the progress, peace.
REAL quickly

I was a little bored this weekend. Not only did I teach myself how to disassemble and fully reassemble an Xmod, I also started (and made a ton of progress on) my first cosmetic mod. AND, I have a sh*tload of GPM stuff en route now.

To think, it has only been one week since I bought the first one. Now there are 3.

Now I just need to get better at driving
Old 02-28-2010, 09:36 PM
People gotta hate me.

The driving part, IMO, takes a bit to get use to. These little things are quick. My car is a bit scuffed, but I am trying to get better. I can do circle 8s!

And as for buying parts. Ive had mine since Christmas, and Ive got Stage 2 motor, Steering and Suspension upgrade, AWD upfrade, GPM heat sink, Tenzo wheels, Disc brakes, and GPM wheels and axle stubs on the way. Its really addictive.