Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > Beginner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 02-27-2010, 11:24 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleXmodder(akaXXX) View Post
I didn't see why the bad rep was added, and people love to give bad rep sotimes. New members should be guided in the right direction before bad rep should be posted. I hate that system...... Some members act like they have never been new to anything. Please don't let it deter you from what the community has to offer... Anyway I triple agree on the bearing upgrade as a number 1. eBay has some low cost liths at a good price, also try atomicmods.com, and you can PM me about liths. Welcome to the forum.
I agree with this statement, I remember when I was new to XMODs oh that was such a long time ago, now they sit in boxes. But welcome to the forum, XXX is a nice guy even though I rarely check in here, pm me if you've got a question I still have some knowledge of XMODS(they're kinda like my hobby quality ones right?) I agree again on the bearings as number 1 upgrade, not too sure on Liths as I never did them when I was into Xmods so XXX is the guy to PM it seems. Another nice upgrade is AWD but thats really only good for added traction, my G35 has AWD and I have to say it drives better than my Mini Z on slick surfaces. And the Z has Kyosho Soft compound wides in the back and Kyosho Soft compound skinny's in the front
Old 02-27-2010, 11:31 PM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

what the hell guys? way to give someone a good first impression. mistakes happen. i just went through and looked at the reputation ratings for this kid. 2 of you have give this kid 6 bad rep ratings. and reading some of the reasons behind them are just ridiculous. if you guys really thing that this kid is doing something wrong hit the report post button. we will guide him on what hes doing wrong. if he continues doing it after hes been talked to on this, so be it, we handle those kinda things as well.
the reputation system, yeah if someone was a constant p.i.t.a. and made the same dump comments, same dumb posts, go ahead and leave negative feedback.
everyone was new at some point, sometimes it was their first time on a forum period and may not know how to act. if we see a trend towards a bad way, we will warn the member, tell him how to fix it, and if they continue they receive infractions.
i'm removing his bad rep ratings. if you guys want to hand out bad rep at least leave a good reason. not just things like
heres 4 of his negative reputations.

dude the arm thing is just sick....

LEAVE MY WINNER ALONE!

LEAVE MY WINNER ALONE

LEAVE HIM ALONE

and there was 2 other dealing with old threads that were bumped. yeah they were a little old, but if they get left up there for a period of time apparently it doesnt bother too many staff members.
there too much reputation system abuse. its not a member mod system. there are pointless posts, they are annoying people at times. but instead of trying to p*ss someone off from the get go report the post. send a pm to me, or any of the other staff members.
if any of you would like to discuss this farther shoot me a pm

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526
Old 02-27-2010, 11:41 PM
XMS Admin

bottom line here,
winner, why post this publicly anyway? if you have an issue with another member shoot a staff member a pm. out of the people this was originally sent to as a pm there was several non staff members. then posted here.

sypherxero, if you have an issue with a member as well feel free to pm a staff member with your concerns, sending attacking pms are frowned upon as well. your negative rep has been deleted.

this goes to everyone theres a report post button, use it. it goes right to the staffs emails, as well as make a new thread in the staff area with all the details.
the reputation system is not a member mod system.
and remember you can pm any STAFF member with problems, if one of us doesnt respond right away we may not be around, give it a little while or pm another staff member.
admins
theb1gdude, bart, zippo855, donziikid

mods / supermods
driftko, tayyab, clintr79, suicide_star,

TEAM X.I.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:49 PM
XMS Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
i honestly thought it was kinda funny, i have'nt stopped laughing since i finished reading the first line on the pm, i guess i have bad since of humor ohh well, i'll keep it to myself next time
send it to a staff member, and give them time to work on it. not saying keep it to yourself. just why post it out in the open?

TEAM X.I.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:57 PM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

LOL.. I love the XMS drama somtimes, gives me a chuckle. Good Job Zippo with dealing with that, thanks.

-Moving on. I agree with getting AWD. If your new to RC, the AWD helps a lot with gaining better control of your car. Bearings and AWD... then when you can drive around controlably... try some fun stuff like Lithium and what not. You can go with some Aluminum parts, they mostly are just cosmetic (some have some functional purpose) so that's just bling bling if you like it. Im not going to go into any other upgrades, the fun part starting out is finding all those cool upgrades on your own... Check all those websites that were posted earlier, and try google searchs... When you find cool stuff, just ask about it here and we will help you out and explain it.

XXX FREE modding Service: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17800
PM me for a quote or any questions. HAPPY MODDING

100% Positive Itrader feedback http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/itrader.php?u=6901
Old 02-28-2010, 10:19 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Trader Rating: (0)

I'm not the biggest fan of the rep system my self. That being said you can shut it off I believe in the user CP.

On another note maybe instead of giving bad rep points to a new member that does not know better, you could kindly give him a link to the rules. You know make this a better site for every one and welcome to new members. I don't blame him for ripping winner with a pm at least that was private as rep status is not.

after trying to turn my rep off I realize you may have to have an admin disable it for you. I know some member have.

Last edited by jimmythekid1; 02-28-2010 at 10:28 AM..
Old 02-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

Well, one step forward in becoming a moderator or admin is being helpful and informative and guiding new members in the right direction. Taking it upon yourself to be a moderator and doing everything that you can to make them miserable is a step in the wrong direction. Please realize that this is probably the most active Xmods forum on the net and that new members that get here usually start by reading through old posts that we've already seen. If they've got something to say and it's not spam, I don't see a problem with that. I mean, when you go to school, you learn about the Civil war and the Incan empire...that's bumping old information =P
Old 02-28-2010, 04:54 PM
People gotta hate me.

TripleXmodder- Thanks dude, I really appreciate it. I am new, and I am a little tarded when it comes to forums. Im learing. But I a question about bearings, Ive mainly seen two different kinds on ebay, one seems to be kinda open, and the other looks like its completely closed. Is one better? As of right now I have; suspension/steering upgrade, GPM heat sinc, stage 2 motor, and AWD. Im waiting on some GPM wheels and GPM axle stub things, I forgot the name.

GearHeadV8- Its cool man, I understand where you are coming from. It wasnt like I was jumping on the dude for 1 bad rep thing, the guy called me out on 3 or 4 things. My rep was -60 something. But Ill learn to post like a robot, and show no humor. And no bumping, or whatever. But, I will live. I think.

And winner, I never once mentioned your name when I asked my question. I asked why a person would intentionally add negative rep points for simple little mistakes. You called me out, not the other way around. Im just here to talk and learn about Xmods. Thanks to everyone for responding to this, I wasnt looking for pity, I just didnt see a reason for it. I will however try to stay within the lines. One more thank you to zippo for fixing my negative rep. Im going to go kill some people on XBL. Peace guys.

Last edited by sypherxero; 02-28-2010 at 05:06 PM..
Old 02-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sypherxero View Post
TripleXmodder- Thanks dude, I really appreciate it. I am new, and I am a little tarded when it comes to forums. Im learing. But I a question about bearings, Ive mainly seen two different kinds on ebay, one seems to be kinda open, and the other looks like its completely closed. Is one better?

GearHeadV8- Its cool man, I understand where you are coming from. It wasnt like I was jumping on the dude for 1 bad rep thing, the guy called me out on 3 or 4 things. My rep was -60 something. But Ill learn to post like a robot, and show no humor. And no bumping, or whatever. But, I will live. I think.

And winner, I never once mentioned your name when I asked my question. I asked why a person would intentionally add negative rep points for simple little mistakes. You called me out, not the other way around. Im just here to talk and learn about Xmods. Im going to go kill some people on XML. Peace guys.
What is an XML?

Closed bearings have a little more friction but last longer and don't need to be cleaned as often. Open has least resistance but tend to wear out faster and need replacing more often. I'd go with closed bearings.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (3)

Yeah, we have all been new here at one time or another, and I for one try to be tolerant with new people, as I have only been here a couple months myself. With that said, I have used the rep system, both adding rep for informative posts, and adding negative rep for..others. My main gripe, and reason for adding negative rep, is when new people go into a thread where someone has given like a 5 paragraph insightful, helpful post and they follow it with "yeah do this" or "I agree" or just "Yes". When I log in and see they have done this 10+ times within minutes in various threads just to bump their thread count, I give them bad rep.

As for Sypher and Winner, you both have valid points. Winner should not have taken this public, but then Sypher, by asking why 'someone' would add negative rep when you both knew who you were talking about was just baiting Winner, especially after that scathing PM. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and calm down, and remember why we are here
Old 02-28-2010, 05:23 PM
People gotta hate me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action B View Post
What is an XML?

Closed bearings have a little more friction but last longer and don't need to be cleaned as often. Open has least resistance but tend to wear out faster and need replacing more often. I'd go with closed bearings.
Sorry man, I meant XBL. When you say the wear out faster, do you mean, lets say within a month of use, or just quicker than the closed ones?
Old 02-28-2010, 05:29 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

Quote:
Sorry man, I meant XBL. When you say the wear out faster, do you mean, lets say within a month of use, or just quicker than the closed ones?
quicker than the closed ones.. it shouldnt wear out in a month unless ur doing speed runs every day at speeds of 30+mph.. even then it shouldnt wear out in a month.. ive had gen1 bearings last me years.. and they are open

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Elite member

Quote:
I assume that you mean call of duty, though I wish you meant Halo 3.

I only have one xbox and me and my girlfriend like to play online at the same time on the xbox. This is not possible on call of duty.

Open bearings need to be cleaned more because, well, they are open and stuff can get in there easier. If you keep up with the cleaning they will last nearly as long as closed bearings. Performance benefits aren't that big though so I'd just go with low maintenance closed bearings.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

again sorry man I had no right to flip out on you at all. I feel really bad for it all if you ever need anything please pm me and i will see if i can help you with stuff.

@ winner you really should not have sent it to so many people through PMs you should have only sent it to a admin or mod. If i had known his side and all I would not have said anything. From this i have learned my lesson as far as i will listen to both sides of the story way before i say anything,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 02-11-2012, 06:25 PM
People gotta hate me.

Wow, time to update this I guess. Its been a long time since I've been on here. A whole lot has happened in two years. I'm engaged, I bought a 95 Eclipse GSX to work on, my fiance and I own our hose right now, although it will be sold within the next month. And I still fiddle with my Xmod. I've bought a few things for it, and am looking for a few parts. I need a GTR front clip. But I have a question. What drive shaft will I need, and do I need another body spacer or a different one? Thanks, Cj.