Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 09-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)

No where just going to paint it and do the things that need to be done but not a full resto becuase then it wouldent be done at my b-day.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:02 AM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardw1217 View Post
No where just going to paint it and do the things that need to be done but not a full resto becuase then it wouldent be done at my b-day.
too bad.....
that truck deserves a full resto.

you know,i know quite a few people that i could call right now that would give you enough cash for the truck in it's current condition to buy a pre-owned civic.
if you don't dig the truck and want a civic then that's probably your best option for both you and the truck.
i'm sorry but it pets my peeve to see what could be a show stopper turn into a DD because of lack of funds,knowledge or interest.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Banned

No im going to keep the truck and yes in needs full resto but it takes $ lots of it but. im going to buy one thing at a time on it intell i get the whole truck done. then ill put up pics soon.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Bondo, I would rather see that truck turn into a DD than a show stopper.. show stoppers never get driven besides in and out of trailers.

Ardw, I hope you don't think you are going to restore the truck while it's your daily driver. You realize that's impossible right? A full restoration means taking the vehicle off of the road, for a long time.. and taking the whole thing apart down to the bare frame, and re-building it.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
Bondo, I would rather see that truck turn into a DD than a show stopper.. show stoppers never get driven besides in and out of trailers.

Ardw, I hope you don't think you are going to restore the truck while it's your daily driver. You realize that's impossible right? A full restoration means taking the vehicle off of the road, for a long time.. and taking the whole thing apart down to the bare frame, and re-building it.
Nuh uhhhh, the magic of trucks. Their built like Legos. Restore the rear? Leave the bed off and paint and clean and do as you please on the weekends. Need to work the front? Pop the fenders off and do as you please. Swapping a cab? If your determined, a weekend. Or an easy week off work:

And there's a difference in restomodding and frame-off. Hell, it doesn't need to come off a frame at all to be restored, that's just ludakris. Unless you absolutely have to paint the top of the frame.. there is rarely a reason to pull the frame off for a driver.

And he already answered:
Quote:

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 09-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Banned

No i wasent going to do a full resto becuase that would take way to long im just going to take one thing at a time. And when i get the truck runing then i may do the frame and stuff and paint it.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:29 PM
All 6's and 7's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
i'm not talking about a SEMA winner or anything.
IMO,those guys take it way too seriously.
i'm talking about your annual county rag-n-drags and weekend cruises that start at the rally's burger and end at the one in the next town.

bessenger's barbeque has a show in their lot ever third wed. of every month called the bar-b-cruise and you rarely see a trailer unless it's hooked to the rod pulling it.
everyone drives there and then they take a 60 mile cruise.

IMO,there's a mileage hiearchy and a 50's rod is still cruisable but is old enough that it doesn't need to be driven to school daily or totin' groceries.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Tex, I was talking about pulling it all down to the bare frame to do a proper under-coating on the bed, cab, re-painting or coating the frame. If you're going to go as far as restoring something, might as well go all the way IMO.. it's the little things and attention to detail that make the biggest difference.

Bondo, I see what you mean now. And yes, the guys at SEMA just are way to crazy, yes it's innovative and brings new stuff to the market, but man it's just not what I would look for.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Banned

Well i wasn't going to make it my every day car/truck because its way to old. Ill most likely go up to some car shows and i dont even have a drivers license yet i have to drive with some one that's 21 or older with a valid drivers license. So yeah and i dont have the $ to do a full resto i will do it when i get alot more $ but i just want to get it runing first then ill work on every thing else.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:11 PM
is awesome

how old are you? If you live in america which you probly do then its 16 there is no way your going to get this truck done quick.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via AIM to monsterhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jack3jack View Post
how old are you? If you live in america which you probly do then its 16 there is no way your going to get this truck done quick.
actually theres a possibility depending on how much of the truck he wants done. you cant really underestimate the skills of younger kids now a days, if you have seen my new truck it needs a sanding and paint, im going with just primer for now, then it needs brakes, ignition(points, wires, plugs, distributer) then to wire up lights, should be done probably right after winter. btw im also 16(well almost 17.) long story short, i wish you luck, and try to get some pics up, if you can figure out how to upload em.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:47 PM
All 6's and 7's

Quote:
Well i wasn't going to make it my every day car/truck because its way to old. Ill most likely go up to some car shows and i dont even have a drivers license yet i have to drive with some one that's 21 or older with a valid drivers license. So yeah and i dont have the $ to do a full resto i will do it when i get alot more $ but i just want to get it runing first then ill work on every thing else.
if you have eventual plans to do a resto or atleast take care of it well enough for a future resto then i take back most of what i said.
from your first few posts you made it seem like you didn't really give a crap about the truck and it was just something thrown in your lap until you could get a civic.
IDK, maybe it's just me but that's what i got from it...
Old 09-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jack3jack View Post
Uhm, whatchutalkingaboutwillis? I bought the CST10 when I was 16, and it was on the road by my 18th birthday.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 09-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Banned

well the truck isnt in that bad of shape i just have to have time to work on it. And i have bot most of the parts with my money. just have to put them on and i got a new battery for it and stuff if i had like 4 weeks of free time just to work on the truck i could get it running. And then paint I'm going to take the truck into a painter dude so he could paint it for me so i wont mes it up. And do any of you know what's wrong i had 45 minutes to work on it and i put the new battery in and it wont even tern over and i got it all hook up right got any ideas
Old 09-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Elite member

woah woah woah woah woah.
unless I read wrong (or it was your "friend" talking...)
You said your 14?
Then you said "i dont even have a drivers license yet i have to drive with some one that's 21 or older with a valid drivers license"
You can't get a learner's until 16 and 3 (well, its 16 and 3 in VA, and I know its at least 15 and 6 everywhere)

Something's fishy.

edit-
Nevermind, I fail.
Found the whole list of Learner's ages. Dang. Why does VA have to 15 and 6...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learner...#United_States
Old 09-26-2009, 10:57 PM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

Quote:
And do any of you know what's wrong i had 45 minutes to work on it and i put the new battery in and it wont even tern over and i got it all hook up right got any ideas
well a battery doesnt just fix everything for turning over. few things to check, fuses for starters. then get your volt meter out and check to see if your getting voltage to your power (activation) wire on the solenoid when you turn the key on. IF you are getting power to that, check and see what kind of voltage output your getting to the starter side. if your getting 12v output time to work your way to the starter.

best thing buy a chilton book, and get some knowledge on the subject of what all goes into making the truck start.

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526
Old 09-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via AIM to monsterhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippo855 View Post
well a battery doesnt just fix everything for turning over. few things to check, fuses for starters. then get your volt meter out and check to see if your getting voltage to your power (activation) wire on the solenoid when you turn the key on. IF you are getting power to that, check and see what kind of voltage output your getting to the starter side. if your getting 12v output time to work your way to the starter.

best thing buy a chilton book, and get some knowledge on the subject of what all goes into making the truck start.
Yea thats usually the best way to go right there. what zippo was saying, Usually its the starter motor that goes bad and causes it not to crank, i just did this whole thing a few days ago to a 94 labaron GT. ended up the starter motor, Most of the time its that, but then sometimes you get the wire to go bad(had that happen on my dads ram) so its always a good idea to check over everything first, and then work from there. and if you find nothing wrong with wires most likely your starter motor.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:08 AM
Elite member

If you are unsure, you could always take the starter motor down to your local Advance Auto Parts and have them test it for you.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Banned

Yea i I'm going to buy a book on how the motor and stuff go's together. And yes i I'm 14 but i can still drive but my b-day is in a couple months so i can drive just not legally. And i got the truck when i was like 9 or 10 but it was my dads he gave it to me when i terned 13. So we let it sit up a rat or something got in the motor and eat up alot of the wires so know i have to go buy new wires. But when i connected them nothing so i think the starter went bad on it.