Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > Questions / Suggestions / Complaints / Comments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 01-05-2009, 03:36 PM

Trader Rating: (0)
Unhappy Let down.

I joined this forum a few weeks ago and thought it would be a good site for my son to get on and learn a few things. I was told from some of the members that it would be a good site for him and me. After reading the december contest discussion/voting. That turned me away from letting my son get on here. I think the entries where awesome. Some better than others. But all was good in their on way. Then watching some people bash other peoples work. Come on. I know everyone is not great but if they are brave enough to put there work on the site, there should be nothing but good advice. If my son had entered one and someone put his work down, he might not have entered another. This site might be lucky to get half that many next months compition. Sorry guys, just my thoughts on bashing peoples work.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:42 PM
EV guy

sorry outlaw i dont like the idea of some users hating or unaprecitaive of others hard work as a saw my entry just was simple custom work and i'm not even winning. but not everyone here (i dont think) is not all bad. again sorry :-(
Old 01-05-2009, 06:13 PM
washed-up, retired, cool.

Trader Rating: (1)

It's not completely avoidable. Most of us try to be on our best behavior, but you have to keep each member's opinions and likes. Not everyone can be satisfied all of the time.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:23 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)

You also need to remember, and this is no excuse, that we have a very young member base for the most part. It does not take long to figure out who the respected people are and who the immature kids are... we have plenty of both.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:48 PM
washed-up, retired, cool.

Indeed, that's very true.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:04 PM
LM Graphics

Sorry to hear about that Outlaw. Indeed, as stated, a bulk of the members are young, and something like that is bound to happen eventually. For the most part, XMS members are polite and give good words to each other...honestly, I don't understand how that argument was started.

I know it's hard to change your bad first impression, but I'd stay around and see how things usually are here on XMS. Maybe you will change your mind.

Hopefully the members will learn from this. I know that no one wants a member to stray from this site.

-LM

I will not be able to visit these forums very much anymore. If you need to contact me, please e-mail me at [email protected]. I will finish up all bodies I have and get them shipped to each of their owners. Thank you.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to greenday Send a message via Yahoo to greenday

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
I joined this forum a few weeks ago and thought it would be a good site for my son to get on and learn a few things. I was told from some of the members that it would be a good site for him and me. After reading the december contest discussion/voting. That turned me away from letting my son get on here. I think the entries where awesome. Some better than others. But all was good in their on way. Then watching some people bash other peoples work. Come on. I know everyone is not great but if they are brave enough to put there work on the site, there should be nothing but good advice. If my son had entered one and someone put his work down, he might not have entered another. This site might be lucky to get half that many next months compition. Sorry guys, just my thoughts on bashing peoples work.
This is all to common a problem...my best suggestion is sent via pm, and your absolutely right.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:35 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

this forum has three kinds of members:
1. serious members
2. jerks
3. people who complain about everything (not you, you at least have a point) and don't deserve to touch another computer in their life.
when you combine all that, yeah, there'll be flaming and bashing.

also, criticism is always welcome, whether the artist likes it or not. bashing about people's car's only happens when member group 1 criticises, group 2 agrees much stronger, and then group 3 disagrees very strongly. we can't help it, it's just the way we're built.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Advance member

I just joined not long ago but its the internet theres bound to be morons out there who go over the edge.I`m a young member my self and theres lots of good people on this website that i`m sure would stick up for people who do that kind of stuff.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:29 PM
XMS Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999 View Post
also, criticism is always welcome, whether the artist likes it or not. bashing about people's car's only happens when member group 1 criticises, group 2 agrees much stronger, and then group 3 disagrees very strongly. we can't help it, it's just the way we're built.
Criticism is typically welcomed unless it's uncalled for criticism; examples would be bashing or flaming a member, which is against the rules, and I typically come down hard on members who do such a thing. Bashing and flaming can result it multiple infraction points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Let me start off by saying I am truly sorry for how the December Car of the Month Voting thread has turned out to be. I too was one of those members who welcomed you and your son into the website, telling you about how wonderful this website can be. And please, do trust us when we say that. This website is one of the best I have ever come across in my time, but be as it may, there are some bad eggs just like every other forum that tend to make things a little more sour at times.

However, in all conditions, it is my responsibility to keep the Competitions running smoothly and operable to the optimum emotional stability by all members. Sadly, this December Car of the Month was slightly out of my own hands. Seeing as how many members were complaining and bashing other peoples work, it was slightly difficult for me to calm the emotions of those several members. Be as this may, it is certainly no excuse for anyone’s behavior nor my possible negligence during the course of the Voting Threads début. Past Car of the Month competitions have never gotten out of hand such as this December Car of the Month and I’ll be sure to keep things such as this from happening again in the future. You have my word.

Again, I apologize. I please ask that you reconsider your thoughts about letting your son join. Prior experience has taught me that many members can be taught many more things on this forum than just Xmodding skills. This website is a great educational experience that just happens to be web-based. Your son will learn more language skills, better literature skills by reading such long, random and boring posts such as my own, as well as many other skills that are essential to life. Even if your son is already lucky enough to possess these skills, he will certainly improve and flourish on the wealth of knowledge that is held here on Xmodsource.com.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 01-05-2009, 08:41 PM
That's what she said.

Quote:
3. people who complain about everything (not you, you at least have a point) and don't deserve to touch another computer in their life.
OMG.... ther are lyke no ppl who complain about anything... It's not fair! Nothing is fair! I hate eveyrthing... meashhhh..... *end sarcasm*

It is true, jealousy will get to most people and because this is online and there are few consequences, they will bash. However, don't let this get your son down.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:46 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

i also forgot to mention: this site will work wonders for your son. i went from an inexperienced ricer noob to a "fully" edumacated non-ricer non-noob in just a few weeks here. your son will make lots of friends here, too. i know that DrIfToRdIe is 11 or 12 (or is that someone else?) and seems to have no problem getting along here, plus mustanglover, xmodificationer, DoD, imnotmikal(?), and myself are the youngest members here (who at least will admit it or that i can remember), but we have no trouble with the flaming, and as "respected" (in some shape or form) members, we can stand up for him. after all, we are all the same in at least one way. that one way starts with an x and ends in a mods.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:21 PM
EV guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999
i also forgot to mention: this site will work wonders for your son. i went from an inexperienced ricer noob to a "fully" edumacated non-ricer non-noob in just a few weeks here. your son will make lots of friends here, too. i know that DrIfToRdIe is 11 or 12 (or is that someone else?) and seems to have no problem getting along here, plus mustanglover, xmodificationer, DoD, imnotmikal(?), and myself are the youngest members here (who at least will admit it or that i can remember), but we have no trouble with the flaming, and as "respected" (in some shape or form) members, we can stand up for him. after all, we are all the same in at least one way. that one way starts with an x and ends in a mods.

true to that.

to outlaw:

im still new here and i've been learning along the way here at this website (stumbled into this site by searching wikipedia about "xmods") so it may take awhile before i get to the level of some of these more expirenced members
Old 01-06-2009, 04:02 PM
the torqueinator

Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

Quote:
i agree with you.. i find there are alot of bashers.. i used to be one but mainly cause i was jeleous that other people had the money to put into their xmods when i did not.. but i have gained maturity since then... but i still see people bashing... i still bash on the occasion but thats life .. there are jerks who will bash no mattter what... this is the WORLD... not just the usa... there are billions of people out there.. you never know what will happen or who will come to this forum... but i will say that the staff here does control bashing and flaming quite well

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears
Old 01-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Elite member

Quote:
this forum has three kinds of members:
1. serious members
2. jerks
4. lastly, people like imnotmikal. we don't post much, but when we do, its useless and has nothing to do with xmods. Its always fun, and entertaining, and that's what we're about.
Fixed that for ya firebird.

Anyway, yeah, haters will hate. You can't deny it.
Sometimes, people will express their views in a manner suitable for the age group, but, as stated in the above quote, there are jerks who don't care, and the occasional "hit and run" member that will join, post crap about people's things, and never show up again.

But, when it comes down to it, all we can do here is try to live at harmony with mermaids, phoenixes, raccoons, and unicorns. If learn to cope with them, and let them eat their Cocoa Puffs, we will be able to live a better life, consuming our 3 soft beef tacos and a side of rice in peace.

P.S.- I love you. And everyone else does too.