Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 04:50 AM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Ownly1 View Post
ok this iz honestly gettin on my nerves, ppl crackin jokes, discriminating, n' otha thingz just because of the way i talk on the comp, n' im going to put it out there that im black, n' im not sayin all black ppl type lyk diz, but i am sayin that y even care how ppl type unless itz threatening, scaring u, or juss being a jackass, n' im seriously wondering if anybody else has this problem or another matter iz anybody on here black, becuase really im havin these kind of troubles on most sites, not lyk myspace ur nothin, but lyk these, n' itz ****in me off, n' im not gonna tell u my life story but ima say i wuz grown up in a place were ppl talked lyk diz, n' im not dumb stupid ur nuttin, all im sayin iz plz ppl, juss stop, n' im not gonna change the way i talk for u guyz/girlz, n' if u dont understand somthin i typed juss ask "what did u say", ur somethin lyk that, ok?
sorry bud, they didnt have ebonics class when i was in grade school.
if i remember correctly, all they taught was english,spanish,french,chinese and italian. the funny part, i never took any of those classes but can understand those languages better then i can with ebonics.
its been about 10 years now and im still trying to figure out what the hell a "whoaday" is........

only in america can simplicity,ignorance and an overall lack of trying be glorified as something "Cool".
and no it isnt just the urban crowd that does it.
ever since larry the cable guy decided to do his whole "white trash is the way to be" gig, all i hear is git-r-done...........
people took that god**** jeff foxworthy dictionary and tuned it into yet another variation of the english language.

now as far as you being black, that has little to nothing to do with it.
just like others, i have black freinds as well as other races.
none of them talk like that because i dont put myself around people who do.
ive had little wigger white boy freinds that talked like that and i geve em hell for iteveryday.
not because i dont like the urban culture but because it's killing americas united braincells.

like others have said, your not going to go anywhere in life talking like that unless your ambition is to be homeless or a crack dealer in wich, by all means, feel free to show the world how lazy you are.

playing the race card only belittles your people and race even more.
ok ok, sorry for the whole slavery thing but ya know what?
aint a person alive today that was a slave owner. if there is then take it up with them and dont make other races feel guilty about the color of their skin.
dont forget, some of us "honkeys" were dying to free you guys.
but hell man, we wouldnt have even known you were black unless you said something.
to us, all you were before you said that was some online name who doesnt know how to spell.
YOU just singled yourself out as a black kid who cant spell.

plain and simple, you want people to get off your back for your typing habits then type like a human bieng and not an automated ebonics calculator.
easy as that.
you said yourself that ther forums give you **** for it so why not take the hint??
just like fordman. TAKE A HINT!
dudes been banned from everyforum out there multiple times but cant seem to grasp that maybe people dont want him around. TAKE A HINT!

Last edited by bondo; 01-29-2008 at 04:59 AM..
Old 01-29-2008, 07:55 AM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

ok, maybe you grew up with people that say, "diz" and "juss," but how do you "say" itz, lyk, guyz, and girlz any different than the real pronunciation? i'm not racist or anything, but i can see how some blacks definately talk like that, but when it comes to typing, i bet even rappers don't misspell (most) words.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:36 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to 1Ownly1 Send a message via Skype™ to 1Ownly1

oh wow, u guyz r hilariouse, bringin school, racism, n' other matterz into this, n' honestly, hell no i aint basin this all on me bein black, but yes, part of it iz that, im not that uncivilized or "gangsta" as some ppl call it(wich iz also gettin on my nerves), n' i 4get whoever told me 2 **** off ur called me a *****, but i aint say **** 2 u, so back the **** up, n' also i want 2 size up this whole school thing, no, i dont type at school like diz. Why? It's because obviously i want to get good grades and make it in life as an architect or an NFL football player for the Philidelphia Eagles. And if i even want to make it in life im goin to have 2 type like this to. I know that im not retarded. I also want 2 b an engineer but i don't know about that. now why i switch n' talk like this when im on my comp at home, iz because i personally dont like to type proper english becuz yes, i wuznt born to talk lyk that, but still i know what ignorence iz n' all that other stuff u guyz talked about, n' were on the comp guyz, get a grip, go 2 youtube ur some website lyk that n' see what im talkin bout, n' why alwayz think someone is bringing "the race card" as u guyz say, u need 2 get out more, n' if u need proof watch the news and the canidates elections, they talk all about how color, geneder, n' race has alot to do with everything including votes, im not bringing the race card in here, im jst bein real
Old 02-07-2008, 07:57 AM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

ya know, the reason we don't seem to get what you're saying, is because it's all illegible. we truly don't get it.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:28 AM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
oh wow, u guyz r hilariouse, bringin school, racism, n' other matterz into this, n' honestly, hell no i aint basin this all on me bein black, but yes, part of it iz that, im not that uncivilized or "gangsta" as some ppl call it(wich iz also gettin on my nerves), n' i 4get whoever told me 2 **** off ur called me a *****, but i aint say **** 2 u, so back the **** up, n' also i want 2 size up this whole school thing, no, i dont type at school like diz. Why? It's because obviously i want to get good grades and make it in life as an architect or an NFL football player for the Philidelphia Eagles. And if i even want to make it in life im goin to have 2 type like this to. I know that im not retarded. I also want 2 b an engineer but i don't know about that. now why i switch n' talk like this when im on my comp at home, iz because i personally dont like to type proper english becuz yes, i wuznt born to talk lyk that, but still i know what ignorence iz n' all that other stuff u guyz talked about, n' were on the comp guyz, get a grip, go 2 youtube ur some website lyk that n' see what im talkin bout, n' why alwayz think someone is bringing "the race card" as u guyz say, u need 2 get out more, n' if u need proof watch the news and the canidates elections, they talk all about how color, geneder, n' race has alot to do with everything including votes, im not bringing the race card in here, im jst bein real
the bottom line is this.
you can type however you want. "wen u typ lik diz" your going to get one of two reactions.
A. people are going to ignore you,your posts and your threads. or
B. people are going to give you hell over it.

your not going to change a forums opinion simply because your too lazy to type out a full sentence.
that's the way the forum is and always has been. people like to be able to read the sentence rather than having to decipher it.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to redrkt Send a message via MSN to redrkt Send a message via Yahoo to redrkt

Quote:
oh wow, u guyz r hilariouse, bringin school, racism, n' other matterz into this, n' honestly,hell no i aint basin this all on me bein black, but yes, part of it iz that,HMMM not doing this because your black but then you contradict yourself and say that it is because of that. im not that uncivilized or "gangsta" as some ppl call it(wich iz also gettin on my nerves), n' i 4get whoever told me 2 **** off ur called me a *****, but i aint say **** 2 u, so back the **** up, n' also i want 2 size up this whole school thing, no, i dont type at school like diz. Why? It's because obviously i want to get good grades and make it in life as an architect or an NFL football player for the Philidelphia Eagles. So which is it? Architect ( which requires you to speak and spell correctly) or a football jock (no education required for that) and speaking and spelling are all part of making an impression on people who are running the companies that will be hiring you. And if i even want to make it in life im goin to have 2 type like this to. HUH? you honestly believe that this is how you HAVE to spell to make it in the world?I know that im not retarded. I also want 2 b an engineer but i don't know about that. now why i switch n' talk like this when im on my comp at home, iz because i personally dont like to type proper english becuz yes, i wuznt born to talk lyk thatYou were not born to talk or type any certain way. That is LEARNED behavior, and your momma should be slapped for not correcting your speaking and spelling habits( I don't know if you had/have a father around to teach you correctly but from what I see you don't., but still i know what ignorence iz n' all that other stuff u guyz talked about, n' were on the comp guyz, get a grip, go 2 youtube ur some website lyk that n' see what im talkin bout, n' why alwayz think someone is bringing "the race card" You MADE the point of pointing out the FACT that you are BLACK! NOT US.as u guyz say, u need 2 get out more, n' if u need proof watch the news and the canidates elections, they talk all about how color, geneder, n' race has alot to do with everything including votes, im not bringing the race card in here, im jst bein real
Take some advice from someone who works in the professional field and works with engineers and designers everyday, The way you present yourself makes an extreme impact on how you will be perceived to be able to do your work.
you keep pointing out examples of people on T.V., maybe you should start listening to how they talk and present themselves.
Race WILL continue to be an issue as long as people like Jesse Jackass and that fatass Al Sharpton are allowed to say that they represent an entire race of people and that theirs is the only opinion that matters.
ANYTIME there is a problem and a person of any race (not caucasion) is involved it always is blamed on the white man trying to keep the coloreds down.
A good example is Barrack Obama, (personally I will not vote for him) does he talk like you type? NO, he speaks correct english, and presents himself as an educated person not some streetbum from oakland or atlanta or any other large city with a large minority (questionable now, go look at census figures) population.
Like the commercial says "You truly are judged by how you speak and write"
So to say that you do things correctly at school but don't feel the need to at home? It takes a lifetime to make good habits, and takes only one BAD habit to tear it all down.
You know thru all this thread I still have not seen you mention your age anywhere, so you are probably only 12 or 13 right?

Last edited by redrkt; 02-07-2008 at 08:31 AM..
Old 02-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Surgeon

First off, I am not trying to be mean when I say this...it is the honest to god truth. Three years ago I worked for a company and we did volunteer work for a special education facility. The students there wrote us some heart-felt thank you notes. They were nearly identical to the way you talk on the internet. Those kids couldn't help it, but they were at least trying to communicate.

If you want to be an architect or do anything with yourself, you need to learn to communicate. A part of the business world is "pacing" your self with other people, using similar manuerisms/gestures/speech patterns, so that you can relate to your client. What you are doing...that is a horse of a different color altogether. If you want to type like that, feel free to, but keep in mind it is rather difficult to understand and you will not properly communicate. Language seperates human beings from animals; keep that in mind at all times.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to xmodkidd 3-3

It's not that bad, I've seen much worse. I just don't like it when people don't have the common sense to type somewhat normally. That's when I usually just try to ignore them or just skip their posts. Good luck becoming an Eagle. I just want to say to you, 1Ownly1, that just school things aren't important. You don't think that some companies may look into your other behavior on the internet?

1985_RX7, haha!! Wow, I might sig that.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Elite member

Seriously, I wouldve ignored this topic if I didnt realize that it was about to turn into a war. If you had been posting something xmods related, which im guessing you dont because I havent seen you post anywhere else, I wouldve ignored it.

You realize that typing like that, you will never be seen as a professional. Professionals have to present themselves as exactly that, professionals. Im working on becoming a musician, so Im always trying to improve the way I act, so people will see me as a professional, not some stupid teen. If I started talking/typing like that, employers would laugh at me. If you are thinking serious about your future, then youre going to realize that your attitude is going to hurt you. Lets say Ive become a millioniare, and Im looking for an architect to design my mansion. I set up interviews with three different architects, the first one would be you, the second would have really good designs but he cant do math too well and his resume isnt the best, and the third guy would have a good resume, went to a good school, and he was polite and had a professional attitude. Who would I pick? Where would you be placed out of the three? Even before that, good luck getting into college with that.

America sucks. Im seriously considering leaving this country. Maybe move to England. Compared to other countries, America is on a downward slope. We can barely continue to be called a superpower.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:50 PM

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via MSN to THE EDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJB32690 View Post
America sucks. Im seriously considering leaving this country. Maybe move to England. Compared to other countries, America is on a downward slope. We can barely continue to be called a superpower.
The rest of the world isn't in much better shape...

Quote:
If this has nothing to do with race, school, or other matters, then why the heck would you bring something like this up? You have to have some reason beyond the simplistic "it annoys me" excuse. I really hate to say it, but this is a really, really dumb thread. It serves no purpose and has only increased the amount of conflict that we have on this site. Maybe you haven't heard, but we are cracking down on a lot of this crap so it would be in your best interest to either:

A) Start typing like a more professional human being, and use proper forum etiquette.
B) Or Get out of here.

Either way is fine by me. Also, it would be in your best interest to watch your cursing. Replacing an F-bomb with **** is not tolerated, you might as well just say the word. This is a family friendly site, so if you don't keep it that way, we as a moderation team will. If you know what I mean.

My for sale thread: NEW!! Check out recent discounts and special offers!
THE EDJ'S FOR SALE THREAD
Old 02-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Banned

well yeah u guyz r right, i am going to have 2 present myself as a mature n' responsible adult when i grow up in life n' if so then i'll b able 2 actually get somewhere, that is my dream growin up as a 14 yr old guy dat came from alabama n' moved to alaska, so when i talk lyk diz u think its because im illiterate and well nobody either cares, doesnt lyk, or discrimates on the way i talk, n' i 4get who said it, but age definitly does have alot to do with it, when i grow up i'll eventually grow out of my teenage philosiphys(ur however u spell it) n' go on becaoming successful, but for now i wanna chill n, just b what i waz brought up to b(for now), n' when i do get a job of course im going to type proper english(but probly wont have a typing related job because i hate messin with computers, programs, software, etc.) i mean anybody who wanted to make it in the real world has to, right? but thats why i want a job were i can b lyk diz, for instance, the NFL, nobody gives a **** how to talk, unless it unsportsman lyk, an architect will take literacy n' other skillz 2 have people understand what i want them to do, n' people, im not dumb, i know what it takes, not tryin 2 saound "all knowing" but i do(knwo some of it) so stop bringing job related stuff n' anything else, yeah i probly seem lyk a guy who's not going to make it(based on what u guyz said) but this is that comp people, get a grip, n' nah i dont post many things, just make threads about thing i think r important, n' also because i have otha things 2 do, i made a thread about super tuesday(dont even know if im suppose to b talkin about it cuz bondo sent me a message saying i couldnt) the AFC n' NFC thing, DR. King day, n' diz 1 hummer project i started but i aint got a cam to post new picz, so nah im not a real big fan of this website, just thought id share it with u guyz(not including this thread, but still) n' im surprised they even accepted this thread in the first place
Old 02-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Life is like a game

ok this should be closed y r we wasting time on this friggin loser some1 tell him get his own tots as napoleon dynamite would say and some1 give hima language arts lesson cuz i don't care wat he says he is speaking like an illiterate asshole excuse my language.
Ya Dig.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by garder121 View Post
not so secret anymore but this is so sexy i'm gonna mix spanish and english together muy=very + sexy=sexy = smexy *very sexy* but i love the version more than the stock it just looks so nice idk how to explain myself.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Elite member

Quote:
well yeah u guyz r right, i am going to have 2 present myself as a mature n' responsible adult when i grow up in life n' if so then i'll b able 2 actually get somewhere, that is my dream growin up as a 14 yr old guy dat came from alabama n' moved to alaska, so when i talk lyk diz u think its because im illiterate and well nobody either cares, doesnt lyk, or discrimates on the way i talk, n' i 4get who said it, but age definitly does have alot to do with it, when i grow up i'll eventually grow out of my teenage philosiphys(ur however u spell it) n' go on becaoming successful, but for now i wanna chill n, just b what i waz brought up to b(for now), n' when i do get a job of course im going to type proper english(but probly wont have a typing related job because i hate messin with computers, programs, software, etc.) i mean anybody who wanted to make it in the real world has to, right? but thats why i want a job were i can b lyk diz, for instance, the NFL, nobody gives a **** how to talk, unless it unsportsman lyk, an architect will take literacy n' other skillz 2 have people understand what i want them to do, n' people, im not dumb, i know what it takes, not tryin 2 saound "all knowing" but i do(knwo some of it) so stop bringing job related stuff n' anything else, yeah i probly seem lyk a guy who's not going to make it(based on what u guyz said) but this is that comp people, get a grip, n' nah i dont post many things, just make threads about thing i think r important, n' also because i have otha things 2 do, i made a thread about super tuesday(dont even know if im suppose to b talkin about it cuz bondo sent me a message saying i couldnt) the AFC n' NFC thing, DR. King day, n' diz 1 hummer project i started but i aint got a cam to post new picz, so nah im not a real big fan of this website, just thought id share it with u guyz(not including this thread, but still) n' im surprised they even accepted this thread in the first place
1. You say that you will eventually change they way you talk, but its been a habit for 14 years, and bad habits are hard to break. Plus, the teen years are when you really start to develop yourself as an adult, so you should actually be doing that right about now.

2. You brought up future jobs, not any of us.

3. If you dont like computers, then being an architect or engineer is not going to be your best choice for a career because they work with computers on a daily basis.

4. Do you know what the chances of you getting onto a NFL team are? Slim to none, unless you are an uber amazing player.

5. Youre a member of a Xmods site, yet you only had one thread pertaining to Xmods.

6. Employers are starting to look into how you represent yourself online. They probably wont check into this because itll be years from now, the site might not even last that long, but it still doesnt change the fact that you have to be careful with what you say online, even on a hobby forum.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Banned

ok, i can take the critism n' wat not, but seriously wtf? y r u gettin mad over a topic when nobody said **** about u? nobody's tellin u to go do wateva u said about napolean dynamite, man juss chill, were on da net n' talkin, not callin each other losers, cant beleive u would get so into this when u havnt even been here on this thread lyk every1 else, u must have a high temper ur somthin
Old 02-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Life is like a game

or u have a spellin problem even with knowin slang i barely had any idead wtf u just said. its not temper its havin 2 deal with ur ignorance wen it comes 2 spellin and who the hell do u think can read your hirogliphics?

Quote:
not so secret anymore but this is so sexy i'm gonna mix spanish and english together muy=very + sexy=sexy = smexy *very sexy* but i love the version more than the stock it just looks so nice idk how to explain myself.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJB32690 View Post
1. You say that you will eventually change they way you talk, but its been a habit for 14 years, and bad habits are hard to break. Plus, the teen years are when you really start to develop yourself as an adult, so you should actually be doing that right about now.

2. You brought up future jobs, not any of us.

3. If you dont like computers, then being an architect or engineer is not going to be your best choice for a career because they work with computers on a daily basis.

4. Do you know what the chances of you getting onto a NFL team are? Slim to none, unless you are an uber amazing player.

5. Youre a member of a Xmods site, yet you only had one thread pertaining to Xmods.

6. Employers are starting to look into how you represent yourself online. They probably wont check into this because itll be years from now, the site might not even last that long, but it still doesnt change the fact that you have to be careful with what you say online, even on a hobby forum.
hmmm thats deep, n' the future jobs thing, everybody kept talkin about how this relates to me n' school so i thought y not bring jobs into this also?, n' yeah im 14, what of it, im tryin 2 break this habit n' lyk u said, not easy, but i do try n' definitly ima try harder when i get into highschool n ultimately college, n' of course everybody knows if anyone wantz 2 b in the NFL, they get lucky ur have 2 b hella good, i know this man, n' yeah i am on xmods site, but still itz just a website n' i joined it to get ideas about my xmod n' look at other peoples ideas, i joined this website from youtube, i clicked on the link n' thought "wow this is cool" n' y did i not only just b a guest, cuz i felt lyk bein part of it, n' datz kinda funny how they still mark xmods as mis-spelled word, i know it makes me sound hella dumb, n' noobish, but still just new things i discover
Old 02-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Banned

well ok then, fine itz ignorence but honestly im not gonna change just lyk that, but chill n' stop gettin heated, ur callin people losers n' baggin on me, nobody else has done that(atleast not that i remeber reading) n' thats y i respect there responses, but ur sittin here basically callin me stupid n' ****, n' now ima just ignore ur responses cuz there just to b spitefull
Old 02-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Life is like a game

i'm not being spitful just tough judgement and if u can't handle it then ur loss dog cuz u can with the thugish perspective just givin it right back cuz if u in da hood and cryin like a b-word the u gonna get f-word up
Ya Dig...

Quote:
Old 02-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
i'm not being spitful just tough judgement and if u can't handle it then ur loss dog cuz u can with the thugish perspective just givin it right back cuz if u in da hood and cryin like a b-word the u gonna get f-word up
Ya Dig...
ah hahahaha u think i dont know that? were not in the hood man were on the comp, n' u called me a loser n' somethin about napolean dynamite, thats spitefull, now ur judgments on how i talk, i understand, but read what u wrote n' told me that wusnt spitefull, n' not judgement, n' i still cant get ova that, "in da hood" ah haha datz 2 **** funny
Old 02-07-2008, 08:33 PM

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via MSN to THE EDJ

Quote:
ok this should be closed y r we wasting time on this friggin loser some1 tell him get his own tots as napoleon dynamite would say and some1 give hima language arts lesson cuz i don't care wat he says he is speaking like an illiterate asshole excuse my language.
Ya Dig.........
Quote:
or u have a spellin problem even with knowin slang i barely had any idead wtf u just said. its not temper its havin 2 deal with ur ignorance wen it comes 2 spellin and who the hell do u think can read your hirogliphics?
You are being outright rude. Flaming is not tolerated, say hello to your infraction, it's not going away. And I'm also going to get you for swearing, I wrote a clear warning earlier in this thread.

Quote:
ok, i can take the critism n' wat not, but seriously wtf? y r u gettin mad over a topic when nobody said **** about u? nobody's tellin u to go do wateva u said about napolean dynamite, man juss chill, were on da net n' talkin, not callin each other losers, cant beleive u would get so into this when u havnt even been here on this thread lyk every1 else, u must have a high temper ur somthin
Just swearing for you.

And now this is closed. Thought maybe we could sort this out, but I see now that we were wrong. Kind of a shame.

My for sale thread: NEW!! Check out recent discounts and special offers!
THE EDJ'S FOR SALE THREAD
Closed Thread