Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 10-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to SuperSkylar Send a message via MSN to SuperSkylar
Default oh no!!

me and some freinds were showin off in the best buy parking lot and one fo the audio guys came out and wanted to see wat our cars could do, so i turned up ma stereo all the way(as close as i could with out goin deaf, i used remote) and i literaly made the cone of one of ma woofers rip apart! anyone know how i can fix it without gettin a new one? its a 12 inch rockford fosgate stage 5 punch, please help!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

that happend to my keenwood 12 woofers,i went to alot of audio places and they told me u could prolly fix them if ur a person that knows alot about electronic,and speackers,or buy a new 1..
Old 10-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Stage 1 member

thats what ive heard.....i dont wanan take apart a $500 woofer, i might jsut have to contact ma sponsor, there gonna get really mad! lol, o well, WAIT. WARRENTY! i hope it protects against showing off! lol, i was also wondering, why do copper speaker wires work, and straight copper wire dosent????
Old 10-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Cone came off the foam ring? Errr, a lot of professional subs are rebuildable. If it's not, your probably better off just getting a new one.

Lesson learned, dont push your system beyond what it can do.

If you dont know why copper coils work, and straight copper lines dont, I dont think you should be digging into that speaker in the 1st place. Speakers work by electro-magnetism, the basis for all speakers.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 10-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Stage 1 member

haha, what i emant was the connection to the speaker, not the internal of the woofer, i completley understand how they work, i mean like, 12 gauge wire aposed to just straight laying around the garage copper wire. it was at 55 deci's, i know it should have been able to handle that, its a 12 inch. and its rockford fosgate for pete sake! lol. i need to put up a vid of the little 2 inch woofer i made that went up to 132 decibells. 4 gauge wires and a 98 OZ magnet, uve never seen a 2 inch sub that takes 900 watts!
Old 10-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Lol... its not a subwoofer if it's 2 inches in diameter. Thats a small cone tweeter. Maybe its a sub if your an ant. MTX Jackhammer for your hotwheels car

Wire guage effects current flow, same with how it effects an xmod motor basically.

Not sure what guage or type of copper wire is used in the coils, havent really ever messed with speakers.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 10-13-2007, 11:16 PM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

first off, if you blew a cone then your pushing more then your speakers could handle.
you really have to take alot of things into account when buying your stereo system.
the best systems always sound better because the speakers are rated for the wattage produced.
the wire guage and comp. are also a huge factor.
then there's auxilary power such as capacitors.
the recievers wattage should never exceed your mids and even if your showing off, your watts(from the reciever) should be evenly balanced throughout your speakers.
your amp should only be powering your subs unless it's 4 channel crossover,bridged with very high wattage 6x9's.

i have to agree with texan, if you dont know the difference in wires then dont go messing with a cone.
warranties on audio components are useless even if their extended.
most of the time the only thing they cover is theft or water damage.
make sure your window seals are good and buy an alarm.
much cheaper then the extended warranty.

try to find a freeind of a freind that can rebuild a speaker otherwise your going to pay out the *** to have it rebuilt.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Stage 1 member

o, dont get me wrong, i knew this was gonan happen some time, i took it down to florida for soem good ole fashion deci draggin, i pulled 136, way more than they could take, althought it is competition(15,000 watts overall), i did have over 20 amps on 1 channel, bridged, and bass controlled via remote, the van is sponsored, so i dont really feel like worrying yet, but i might haev to! it was straight dynamat, plexiboxes, 2 carbon seats, and woofers(and amps with the ocasional crossover) the winddow seals are poly-urethane mixed rubber(i think i spelled that wrong) and the windows are 2/7ths of an inch(bigger than they sound) its barley legal, if it even is, its current setup was 14 woofers and 6 tweeters(just had to), we spent well over 4 grand on reinforcement, but hey, its ma fault, i have to worry about it! i dont think rockford would just sell cones, but ill ask! thanks.

BTW bondo, ur paint jobs are AMAZING!
Old 10-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

sounds like a nice setup, iceman has a neon with like a dozen 10s in the backseat...im not much on RF anyway, ive had nothing but bad luck with em...dont get me wrong, they hit, but they dont last...im all about phoenix gold now =)