View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Updating the thread too current status of my truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabrain View Post
Tinted my stock parking lights, & painted the trim black. Need to replace my inner amber bulbs on both sides, they are starting to turn clear. I need to get my black/clear corner signals re-sealed & put back on. The light out put is still great, leds would make it even better. The tint isn't perfect on the lenses but good enough for me & its easy to redo them, just get some paint remover & they will be back to clear. I will probable try to get my tails & front parking lights done professionally sometime before next summer using a black & clear mix.

Low beams.

High-4
Quote:
Got my senior pictures done today & I was able to get a few pics of just my truck with me not in the pics. Nothing to special, just a couple of spots on route 66. There are some sweet pictures of my truck & me that were taken, can't wait for them to get finished & then I can see them & post some of them up.

Quote:
Got my charcoal canister today & got it installed, hoping to go pick up a leaf spring this week from the salvage yard.
Quote:
Got my leaf spring today, was like $57. Have some pics but camera batteries died.

Seems to be in pretty good shape & the bushings aren't in to bad of shape either. Hope to get it on this weekend.

EDIT: Here are some pics.

Thought this was funny, leaf spring came from a red truck. lol

Quote:
Leaf spring install done, took way longer than it should have. Many trips into town to get stuff. But its done & it rides alot better, no more clanking or squeaking & it hooks up alot better too.

Ended up having every bolt fused to the bushing, nothing some PB blaster couldn't solve & a torch. Had to replace the front bolt with a new Grade 8 one & a matching nut. Relubed all of the bushings & that was pretty much it.

I wanted to repaint the leaf spring & flip kit parts, but it would have looked weird with only one side painted.

Also ditched all of the air ride suspension stuff, only thing left is the upper brackets that bolt to the frame. Will get to those another day.

Quote:
Some pictures of the polished wheels, wish I had a before picture. Definetely a difference.

Quote:
Washed my truck today & got the leaf springs painted. Yes I still have water on the tires & other chassis parts. So there isn't anything wrong with the paint.

Removed the fish eye mirror from the my drivers side mirror. Was to grandpa looking for me.

Quote:
Well got home today from school & decided to wash my truck, so I did & when I popped the hood to do some touch ups there I noticed my upper radiator hose had about a one inch crack in it & another smaller crack next to it, which was of course leaking. I had been seeing a few drops of coolant under the hood, on the inner fender nothing too major I just couldn't figure out were it was coming from. Of course it was the hose, so I had to go buy a new one & while I was at it I bought a new Coolant Temperature Sensor. So after all of that & buying a deeper socket to put the sensor on, I am now $37 poorer. lol

But my truck doesn't seem to be running rich anymore which it doesn't smell like gas anymore from the exhaust, of course I won't really know for sure until I drive it everyday next week.
Quote:
Modified the upper corner parking lense on my truck today. Use to be just a blank lense, but now has a light. Will put pictures up later.
Quote:
Here are some pics. Daytime ones kinda ****.
Also the stuff you see thats clear on the lights is RTV sealant that I used to I could water proof the housing, I could have left it the way it was but water would have gotten in it & fried the bulb.

Not a whole lot of room once the headlight is in.

All lit up.
Quote:
Got my dual temperature/compass rear view mirror installed yesterday.

Pics:

The sensor that gives the temp.

TEAM XI