View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Some major bumping going on here. lol

Its been quite a few months since I have updated this thread, but enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabrain View Post
Basically the same concept as what I did, except I used a four prong relay to do it instead. I was told I could use a diode (just put one end on the high & the other on the low) it would do the same job.

If I can ever find a good fog light set up for my truck, I will probable either run them on their own switch or wire them up to my lows & highs so I can either have them all on or just the highs & lows or the fogs & lows, etc...

Here is a night picture:

I will try to get some pics of the wiring later.

I may try to get these fog lights here:
http://www.autoanything.com/lights/6...x?kc=ffproduct

Have great reviews (I read almost all of them), come with a double switch so you can run halo w/o fog, fog w/o halo, or both.

Plus the would be awesome with a set of hids in them to match my headlights & it has been done with them before.
Quote:
Here are some pics, video is still in the process of loading to photobucket. They are a bit dirty, alot of dirt got on them and they still aren't 100% clean. Also got them welded up the rest of the exhaust today, cost me $50.

@cryo, they were pretty difficult to intall had to drop the exhaust to get the y-pipe off & then the bolts that go into the head were really difficult to get in.
Quote:
Double post. lol

Here is the video.
Quote:
Scored this air ride pump made by firestone for free.

I think it retails new for around $320, hooked it up & it works great, all I need now to finish my rear air ride set up is a new bag on the drivers side ($70), a on/off switch & a guage(s) with dual needle set up (so I know how much pressure is in the bags) & some more tubing & I will be good to go.

Quote:
Got some new shoes put on the truck. Falken Ziex ZE912 235/50r17 front & rear, got a nice price on them and the fit great and ride great.

Still need to get a steering alignment (shop couldn't do it) for two reason's it couldn't be done, one they were closing when the finished my tires & two my truck wouldn't fit on the steering alignment machine. So I need to find another ship that has a floor level one, then I can get it done (Truck pulls to the right ever so slightly, figure better get it done asap instead of letting them start wearing uneven).

Raised the front off of the ground about 2".

Shot with the lights on, need to re-align them a tad bit.
Quote:
45mins later a 1/4 can of flat black & half a bottle of aluminum wheel cleaner and a scrubing brush. I got the rear drums painted and the back side & front side of the rear wheels clean (the rears are as clean as they are going to get).

Still have to do the front wheels & paint the from caliper & front wheel wells.

Quote:
Got the front wheel wells done & front calipers. Cleaned the back side of the front wheels too.

Quote:
Got the truck all cleaned up this morning, only thing left to do is the vents on the inside and degrease under the hood (that will be next Saturday, before I go to the car show). It will get rewashed right before the car show, so it will be as clean as I can get it.

So shiny!!

Fully detailed interior, excluding the vents.

Quote:
Thanks

Here is the link to the thread with pics from the car show.
http://www.xmodsforum.co.uk/showthre...667#post134667
Quote:
Well I decided to change the color of my gauge cluster.

After peeling the face off (took an hours to remove).

All of the green sanded off (took 2hrs).

Candy Apple red paint.

Candy Apple red paint.

I will get night time pictures tonight, looks stock with the lights off & when there on its red. I plan on getting led's in the future to put behind the gauge.
Quote:
Some day time pics & night time pics. Ignore the smudges on the casing over the gauges (I need to clean them a bit more). Still need to do my hvac, but that will be later.

Day time lights off.

Lights on.

Night time.

Quote:
Here are some night pictures (sorry they are crappy pictures), they are brighter in person than in the pics.

The under dash lights are like two red spot lights. lol

But I have an idea to solve that, I just need to do it. Also I plan on wiring up some led strips to put under the dash so its lit up even more at night.

The underdash lights are 15 led, (9 on the front & 6 on the sides).

Pictures:

Quote:
Got my reverse lights working again. Had to adjust the switch's mounting spot.
Quote:
Brake lights quit working last night, already checked the bulbs & fuses, still have my blinkers & parking lights. Next I have to check the brake control switch on the pedal & if thats not it then I will have to look for broken wires or a wire thats grounded its self out.
Quote:
It was the brake switch, $13 & 5 mins later its fixed. Was a pretty easy thing to deal with.
Quote:
Factory cup holders showed up today.

Quote:
Well started grinding/stripping the paint away on the roll pan & its rusted all the way through in certain places, it was not even worth my time & money to fix it. So i ordered a new roll pan & it should hopefully be here later this week. Then I have to move my exhaust back like 4" & then my exhaust will be turn downs (still using my current exhaust tips) behind the roll pan under the bed.

Unfortuantly its way to hot out right now to do any more body work, so I will continue when it cools off. Only other thing that really needs to be done now is fill in the minor dents, of course the cab corners. Still need to order the passengers side cab corner.
Quote:
Roll pan showed up today. I came home from work & there it was on the front porch. :shock:

I was not expecting it until like this Friday, I ordered it Saturday & got it today & the shipping was free.

Well since I wasn't expecting it today I don't have my exhaust tips cut off yet or my 45 degree turn downs yet, but I held it up to my old roll pan & it seems to line up pretty well & I did the best test fit that I could & it seems to be a near perfect fit. Not to bad for $99.
Quote:
Here are some pictures of my discovery that the old roll pan was toast & then the new roll pan & exhaust set up.

Temporary exhaust set up. Still ned to get some turn downs.
Quote:
Truck overheated on my way to grandpa's today after work. So I am stopping at the auto parts store tommorrow to pick up a new thermostate "again" (180 degree), new radiator cap & a temperature sending unit. Shoudn't be to expensive, if that doesn't solve the problem then I will probable do a electric fan swap , I plan on doing this next summer but if I need to do it this summer I can.
Quote:
Order four new shocks with polyurthane bushings, hope to have them sometime this week. Also bought a new thermostat, radiator cap & temperature sending unit & my truck is stilling getting to hot & spewing coolant. We will be checking the timing next & then to see if anything is blocking the radiator.
Quote:
Got my shocks today.

Hope to at least get either the front or the rears on tonight, then finish it tommorrow.
Quote:
Got the shocks installed today, took longer than we thought. Ride is nice and smooth, way better than before.

Front passengers lower mount, totally gone.

Same side.

Drivers side shock was compeletly blown, sat like that for 2 hours & never expanded.

Drivers side lower mount.

Old shock.

Quote:
Saving up to get my windows tinted looking to get 5% on the rear window, 35% on the drivers & passengers side windows & a 5% sun visor on the windshield (going to keep it legal all the way around, although I would rather have 20% on the front windows instead of 35%), might be awhile before I get the right amount of money. But its something to save up for. Also school starts tommorrow so I am going to try and find a after school job since my summer job was over last week.

I am also taking a drafting & design class along with a introduction to engineering course this year since its my Senior year. Its at the technical institute college that offers courses for Juniors & Seniors at my school, so I get to go to school half a day then leave on a bus & go to the college & then come back when the day is over. So my Senior year is going to be a breeze compared to last year & the year before.
Quote:
Getting my windows tinted next Saturday. 5% on the rear window, 35% on the Drivers & Passengers window & a 5% visor strip on the front windsheild. I had an option to get a black out strip, but I would like to be able to see the stoplights with out having to lean forward. lol

Getting it all done for $125 (this was after a discount, since my stepdad use to work for them & my family is friends with the owner/installer) its normally like $140, if I wasn't getting the visor strip it would be around $110-$115.

The brand of tint that they use is Llumar, which is top of the line stuff. Plus its pre-cut on a in house machine they use & the installer is one of the best tint installers I have ever seen & watched install tint.

TEAM XI