Go Back   XmodSource.com > Mini & Micro > Mini & Micro Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 06-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via MSN to Spoon_Tuner
Default asafaf

This one I will keep everyone updated on and take pictures piece by piece from now on.

I lied about about the Evo X being my last Mini Z AWD.

Anyway this is my new one.

Its the 2.4 ghz chassis, which I actually have noticed that this chassis is a little more sturdy then the old ones and even the newer AM cars I think have them too.

So the first things that I bought for it before I bought the chassis was Kyosho Ball Diff's. Heres a sample pic of what the inside of this thing looks with some Reflex Racing Ceramic Balls in the ring gear.

I also bought their brand spanking new one sided shielded bearings and their ti main shaft along with the ceramic diff balls.

Then I was looking around on the mini z forum and I took an idea from a user ( yes I took it ) but I its up to anyone. But I painted my chassis Tamiya matt black and it turned out really good

So I have bought more things since all this but I am not going to post them just quite yet but I do have some nice stuff on it and plan on going for a black and blue theme to the chassis because thats they way it will leave you.

And then a body thats very new but not alot of people have it.... Yet. I think.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Modifier

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

So what are the plans exactly? Gonna race it or leave in dusting on the shelf? What body will be your focus if anything in particular?

On Kyo diff note, I got a used pair myself (screw retail price of these things!) and my only gripe is that adjusting these is a *****. I'll see if their quality helps in the long run, but getting them to the golden tightness will be a pain.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Advance member

Well I really cant find a place around here and people to race with. I use to have an RCP track but I was forced to sell it because I needed money and had no room for it.

But yes when I am running it I run it for a good while and I kind of have a track lay out in my house on my carpet thats a wide L shape.

Oh yes I know about how much of a pain it is to adjust the diffs and finding the right setting for them. Also I find thats its very easy for you to strip the diff housing screw threads. I have already had to replace one diff housing.I did not pay retail price for them either I got them from the minizfourm shop.

For the most part I dont want to make it crazy fast because I dont have alot of room. So I am just going to focus on handling.

I got the PN World Cup Stock 70 turn motor in my chassis with stock gearing and PN's motor holders and heatsink its plenty fast.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Modifier

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

Sounds good man. I'd get Phillips 000 for those screws, and PSPs for that matter, because I do believe that those puny screws can get stripped easily.

Why did you have to replace the housing of the diff? You could've just superglue+driver removed the stripped screw and replaced it vs the whole housing.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skv012a View Post
Sounds good man. I'd get Phillips 000 for those screws, and PSPs for that matter, because I do believe that those puny screws can get stripped easily.

Why did you have to replace the housing of the diff? You could've just superglue+driver removed the stripped screw and replaced it vs the whole housing.
I did do the super glue thing, but I decided to quit doing that because I didn't always have superglue on hand so I just went ahead and bought another housing. Why? Because I have the money!