Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 10-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
So is your intention to buy it?

Assuming the current owner would even entertain offers, how much do you think that car in that condition is worth?
I'm going to see how much he'd let it go to me for. John L. said that normally he'd doubt the car would go for anything under 30k, but maybe I can get something to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeon View Post
NADA puts it at 13k$ but classic cars are worth what people are willing to pay for them. THAT one....probably closer to low 20s.
Exactly, NADA and most price books are entirely irrelevant for old cars. So much varies a car's worth, region-to-region, options, level of originality, or desirability of the resto mod. This car basically rocks a 440 six pack motor, and the drivetrain to hold it, great body and chassis... If it was still an original 318 car it would be mid tens, but that drivetrain beefs up the price.

Geeked that it's not stripped apart or rusting away.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 10-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

It just breaks my heart to see a chevyboi pursuing a Dodge. Moment of silence for Tex. *bows head* Oh wait, I just remembered that there's a Neon in my driveway.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

At least my dream dodge isn't a neon!

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 10-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Talked to the Tennessee owner today, and he's going to send some more pictures. Le sigh, anyone care to donate 30 grand?

This is the time line I have so far:
1967- Purchased by Clark Simpson & Texas Simpson (my great-grandparents), Houston TX
1994- Sold to John L., Spring TX (20 miles north)
1997- Featured in Mopar Collector's Magizine
2001- Sold to a person down in Clearlake TX (60 miless south of Spring)
2002- Sold on eBay to someone in Alabama or Mississippi
2004- Ended up in Oklahoma, owned by a Native American man. Had a skull with blue flames air brushed onto the hood, a quality job, if lacking taste (compared to the car's original demeanor). Holly 650 was changed out, 3-chamber Flowmasters were replaced by ratty glass packs.
2004- Picked up by Jack S., and made it up to Tennessee (~700 miles).
2004-2010- Restored back to John's build, black paint and "proper" exhaust thrown back on. Red pinstripe was added along the belt line, and new wheels were added. Currently used as a show car for the Music City Mopar Club

Personally, I like John's all black version the best, but maybe one day I'll have the cash to bring it home. In the meantime, I've gotta talk myself out of the white '67 Coronet that's just an hour's drive away.

Edit:
The photos sent from Jack.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 06-16-2012 at 12:20 PM..
Old 10-19-2010, 09:01 PM
The one and only

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Witty Send a message via MSN to Witty Send a message via Yahoo to Witty Send a message via Skype™ to Witty

That is a gorgeous car. I may not be a classic car fan, but I'd take one like that in a heart beat. Anyways, I hope you end up getting it back sometime Tex, it's always nice to see someone pursuing a piece of their family history.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Maybe this whole college idea will pay off one day. Until then, I'll figure some way to make side money. More photos sent by Jack: