Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2008, 12:35 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25
Default '66 Buick Wildcat: Trailer Park Special!

"White Trash Beautiful, Trailer Park Queen"
-Everlast

And so begins my xms muscle car entry, a 1966 Buick Wildcat. And before you claim Buick had no muscle, try a 401ci V8 pushing the oh-so underrated 340hp with a 4 speed manual tranny.

Not to mention a body so long you could land a 747 on the deck lid.

as you can guess from the title, this ain't going to be a shiney polished up show queen. Nope. Like half the stuff I've done, I just don't care for shiney paint... . Flat green Camaro. Flat black '56 Nomad. The silver on the S10 was pretty flat too.

So, in keeping with that, and also putting a so far, polar opposite on the trend for building cars, we shall have a Trailer Park Special! I'm talking sun-faded paint, mixed-matched wheels, missing head lights, cracked windshield, and primer sportin' American Muscle... Sorta like my '90 Firebird in some ways... lol.

And so we have it, the start of the 1966 "Trailer Park Special" Buick Wildcat.

And I did mention how large this car is:

So, I started on working on the mounts. Thanks to the fact that this model dates back to the older days of models, it's a really simple, beefy model. The whole chassis is molded as one piece, so the body mounts with posts. Thanks to this, I just cut off where the body mounts to the chassis up front, and then glue it to the posts, and I've got a solid front mount right off the bat.

A redneck Muscle Car would not be complete with out some contraption sticking out of the hood. So, here's how it went.

1st, I pulled the blower off a HEMI engine I had laying around:

Then I cut all the intake runners from the Buick's Hillborn Injection intake, so I have a mounting spot for the blower:

Then glued the blower to the base of the hillborn piece, and thus I have the blower rigged up. Once I get some paint on the motor, I'll mess with getting the original blower pully assembly on too:

I would say a blown 401ci Buick motor would be a fun *** ride.

In keeping with details, I can't have a nice windshield now can I?

Pondering if I could toss on the WILDCAT decals for extra cool points, but may leave them off

And this is where it sits at the moment. These arent the final set of wheels and such, just have the car set up for mockup. Gonna need like 5 chassis spacers for this too.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere