Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 07-01-2010, 12:44 AM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)
Default Back again, but I drove here this time. [Somewhat pic heavy]

Since the last time I was here, I had a mental growth-spurt, so I'm going to try one more time. :P (I really don't mind if you don't, but could a moderator/admin please change my username to FeralSlug ? That's the one I use everywhere else and firebird999 has too much bad stuff tied onto it. :P )

Anyway, I don't officially own a car yet, but I know what my first car is going to be, so I'll leave this thread open for discussion for the next 6-7 months before I own it, at which time I'll make real progress.

It's a 2003 Ford Focus SE, better known as a budget front wheel drive family sedan with an inline 4, and not much else. The only good things about this car are the relatively short wheelbase, the half decent stock rims, and the fuel economy. I have no pictures of mine specifically, but it's exactly like this:

except it has a tan and grey interior. It had a fully tan one when my dad bought it, but over time the driver's seat broke in half and we replaced it with a grey one.

As of now the only real modifications are a parking permit in the window and a "Coexist" bumper sticker. So nothing at all, in other words.

My plans for the future are simple:

Rims. I have no idea what kind though...
http://i27.tinypic.com/21j5fn6.jpg
Work Ryvers?

RS-JK4s?

or BBS RSs? (Probably in purple)
Or even something completely different?

Next, A spoiler from the ZTS model:

Also some smoked tail lights ($7.50 for a do it yourself kit... First mod for sure)

And some new headlights.
Either these R8 style ones:

(Ignore the ugly yellow focus there... It's like putting the world's fattest man in a tuxedo... Just makes it ugly.)
or these angel eyes:

To go along with them, I'll get a Euro grille (No indicators) since they have indicators in them already.

And some clear side repeaters, after all that mostly.

Then there's lowering, of course. I want coilovers like these:
http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/XLeve...00_05_3_4_5dr_
but maybe with a smaller pricetag. I'll try to find a wrecked Focus to yank them from.

And when it comes to performance, well... Aside from the coilovers, I haven't really planned that far ahead yet. I'm well open to suggestions, and I also hope you guys can give me feedback on the rims and headlights. (But don't suggest not doing it... I'm getting both whether you like it or not.)

Last edited by firebird999; 07-02-2010 at 02:33 PM..
Old 07-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Ok, first off, how are you going to get the money to buy this vehicle?
Second, if buying from a dealership, how are you going about on buying this car? 4 Year Financing @ 0.0% Credit, because I know you don't have ANY credit. Buying it straight out, what is the price they are asking for? Doing a trade-in of some sort with cash on top?

Sorry to burst your bubble but buying a vehicle from a dealership requires a full-time job to be able to pay off the monthly bills. I myself am looking into buying a new vehicle, $40,000.00 is the rounded cost of the truck I am wanting, (as I gave my dad my S10 for fathers day.) I will be doing a 4 year finance, with a mininum of $4,000.00(10%) of a downpayment. With my credit at 2.5% because I started getting credit when I was 15, getting money loans, and paying them back on time, and with the correct amount required.

Oh, and when you get this vehicle, if you do. Don't dive right into buying aftermarket parts right away, cause' you won't be able to pay for the car if you do so.

Little advice, save your money while your still young. Don't waste it on something like this.

Blade.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Elite member

First off, resize that **** picture.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

The Focus is a terrible car, not particularly reliable or good at anything besides fuel economy.. Don't make it worse by ricing it out with ugly headlights and rims with rubber bands for tires. Save money for something better later.

Blade- chill out, as I'm reading it, his father is handing it down to him.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 07-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

First cars are like your first girlfriend. Even if they're ugly and crappy, they still have a special place in your heart. If I were you, I'd just get some springs and rims to start off and see how that works out. A drop and some shoes does a good deal to the way a car looks and that may make you satisfied as is. Blade, wth do you want that's $40,000?
Old 07-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
The Focus is a terrible car, not particularly reliable or good at anything besides fuel economy.. Don't make it worse by ricing it out with ugly headlights and rims with rubber bands for tires. Save money for something better later.

For real man? Dude, that's a **** off, I worked for my S10, and now gonna work for my new truck, I'm out... Screw this. 8+ hour work days, to see some kid get a freebe vehicle... ****... ****it all.

Well goodluck on it I guess.

SS I aimed it to you lol
-Edit- on AIM, not as in aimed it towards you lmao, just saw how that could be taken wrongly.

Last edited by Blade.; 07-02-2010 at 12:59 AM..
Old 07-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Elite member

Chill, brah.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post
For real man? Dude, that's a **** off, I worked for my S10, and now gonna work for my new truck, I'm out... Screw this. 8+ hour work days, to see some kid get a freebe vehicle... ****... ****it all.

SS I aimed it to you lol
Dude, chill out! Who cares! Heck, I ain't going to get a freebie car, and do you see me complaining! No! In fact I'm looking forward to working to pay it off. Why do you care!?! It's his first car! You want his dad to sell the Focus, then have Firebird999/feralslug work and buy another, or even the same car? We all get hand-downs, and some are better than others. Sure, it's not fair. Quite frankly I'd be happy if my step-mom would tire of her car, and give it to me. It's fully paid off, and a great car! But that's not going to happen. It's a five-year-old car that has under 75k miles, and she loves it, so I ain't going to get that! Nor will I get my dads lifted 2500HD (which I would sell immediately). Some kids get lucky! My friend is going to get his first car free of charge! Am I going to cuss out and whine like a two-year-old? No! I told him that I envied him (in a friendly way) and fuax pouted that I'd have to work to pay off my car. For me though I WANT to do it. The feeling of finally paying it off, and knowing that I worked to get it would personally be one of the best feelings in the world! Heck, if anything firebirdd999/feralslug is missing out. You should pity him for not being able to know that feeling!

Firebird999/feralslug, good luck on it. Like a kid in a candy store... 'What do I want! I'll get these, these, these, and these!' I guess the advantage of a hand-down is you get to spend your cash on upgrades, not the car. If it were mine, I'd say you should go with the RS-JK4s. Just look cleaner. Don't make it look like something it isn't. I think Ford actually puts some rims like that on some of their newer cars actually. For the headlights, out of those two, I'd go with the R8-style. going to get my first car in a few months. Just need to sell some stuff, and get a job for the down payment... My dad has good credit, I'll get a long, but cheap loan. Hopefully...
Old 07-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:

SS I aimed it to you lol

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 07-02-2010, 12:07 AM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

Quote:

SS I aimed it to you lol
you really gotta chill out bro... i wont be getting a freebie.. well i am, but i mean cmon.. a $600 car isnt much of a freebie... ontop of that.. it has a bunch of problems....
my friends are starting to drive with bmw 328i's and Porsche cayennes(i go to a private school).. and im gonna be there with a $600 infiniti i30 that doesnt even have a working radio.. im better of strapping all my r/c cars together and strapping that to a wagon and riving myself to school that way...
life is unfair, we dont control it, sure i do wish sometiems my parents could afford to buy me a Porsche Cayenne or a bmw 328i or an audi a5, but unless we win the lottery, its not coming true

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITT222 View Post
Dude, chill out! Who cares! Heck, I ain't going to get a freebie car, and do you see me complaining! No! In fact I'm looking forward to working to pay it off. Why do you care!?! It's his first car! You want his dad to sell the Focus, then have Firebird999/feralslug work and buy another, or even the same car? We all get hand-downs, and some are better than others. Sure, it's not fair. Quite frankly I'd be happy if my step-mom would tire of her car, and give it to me. It's fully paid off, and a great car! But that's not going to happen. It's a five-year-old car that has under 75k miles, and she loves it, so I ain't going to get that! Nor will I get my dads lifted 2500HD (which I would sell immediately). Some kids get lucky! My friend is going to get his first car free of charge! Am I going to cuss out and whine like a two-year-old? No! I told him that I envied him (in a friendly way) and fuax pouted that I'd have to work to pay off my car. For me though I WANT to do it. The feeling of finally paying it off, and knowing that I worked to get it would personally be one of the best feelings in the world! Heck, if anything firebirdd999/feralslug is missing out. You should pity him for not being able to know that feeling!
i feel ya bro

finally to firebird999/feralslug

my bro taught me a lesson about cars when he first started driving,
he got a salvaged A4 for hi 18th bday, and it was is first official car, and the first thing he did was start modding the engine.. you know.. chipping it, bigger turbo, air intake, blah blah blah, then he moved onto brakes and shocks, then onto rims and tires, then other the body kit and what not.. he made it look "euro" if you know what i mean, then.. a couple months later... tranyy problems... then a couple more months.. he pretty much killed his flywheel, followed by his exhaust system...
he fixed those.... the car cost him nothing, probably cost my parents about $1000.. he spent i'd say well over $6000.. and now the car is gone, he still misses it sure, but he learned a lesson to not mod it if it's not needed, sure he'll go chip it and boost is and what not, but at least he'll do it carefully this time, IMO dont do anything, even if you end up getting this car, just leave it alone, and start saving up...... and go buy yourself something newer.. THEN start doing wahtever the hell you wanna do with it

lets put it this way

you go buy a redcat racing cheap r/c car, and u mod the hell out of it and spend $1000+ to make it racable, when you could just gotten a losi 8ight and been done with it at a cheaper price....

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶

Last edited by mycrors4; 07-02-2010 at 12:14 AM..
Old 07-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
^

grats on the car, its really cool getting your first car, originaly my parents were going to give me this POS civic hatch back that was like 6000 years old, i just saved my money and bought my mounty in full, imo i think i made the right decision. but please dont rice out that poor innocent car

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 07-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Leave the Focus stock, adding performance mods to that is a joke. Plus, Audi style headlights ? Just no, they only belong on an late model Audi and nothing else. Same with halos, only belong on a BMW. Those stock rims are better then everything else you posted... so I'd recommend sticking with those.

Just drive this car for a DD, your not going to be tracking it or going to a car show with it. Enjoy it.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:59 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

I have my own issues with the US Ford Focus.... even the constant body styling changes haven't managed to get it anywhere close to what the UK version is.... this is my 2005 Ford Focus 2.0L 16V 2 door:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...e/IM000728.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...e/IM000727.jpg

I had it built to my specifications from the factory I knew the sales guy and he got me the staff discount on it plus I lied to his manager and said another dealership would give me one for that price with a bunch of upgrades, spoiler bigger rims, parking sensors, etc.

This was the first car I bought new so I went a little crazy on it, unfortunately when I moved the US and had to sell it that didn't benefit me and I took quite a hit on it....

If you want to modify your one then go for it, especially if the car is already paid for and you are just paying your dad....

Mine had all the rear lights swapped out for chrome ones, lowered, exhaust, bluefin retune, inside / outside neons, in dash DVD player with TV tunner, sub / amp, ebay CAI that was wicked loud, the 2.0L duratec was fast to especially with the retune, I could outrun my friends XR2I which some of the UK guys will know is a fast car.

Unfortunately I have 0 photos of it modified

I've driven numerous years of the US versions and non of them drive the same or offer the same experience but that's not here or there, for a first car I don't think you did to badly.

Don't worry about the haters just do whatever you can afford to do...

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 07-02-2010, 02:45 AM
MSI <3

(The quotes got out of order somehow, so bare with me...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post
Leave the Focus stock, adding performance mods to that is a joke. Plus, Audi style headlights ? Just no, they only belong on an late model Audi and nothing else. Same with halos, only belong on a BMW. Those stock rims are better then everything else you posted... so I'd recommend sticking with those.

Just drive this car for a DD, your not going to be tracking it or going to a car show with it. Enjoy it.
Actually, about that... There's this Website called FocusFanatics that I recently joined, just because I figured they could help me out and stuff, and apparently there is an annual "FocusFest" that attracts hundreds of people and is broken down regionally for an easy commute. There's racing and shows, and it's nearly dirt-cheap. So yeah, I will be doing that. :P Also, a lot of cars over there have those projector headlights, and I didn't think so either, but they look really good when they're actually on the car.

Quote:
Yeah, he is. I should have made that clearer though. Although it's nothing to be jealous of, as this was the best selling car in the world for a few years in a row, so they're extremely common and cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors4 View Post
my bro taught me a lesson about cars when he first started driving,
he got a salvaged A4 for hi 18th bday, and it was is first official car, and the first thing he did was start modding the engine.. you know.. chipping it, bigger turbo, air intake, blah blah blah, then he moved onto brakes and shocks, then onto rims and tires, then other the body kit and what not.. he made it look "euro" if you know what i mean, then.. a couple months later... tranyy problems... then a couple more months.. he pretty much killed his flywheel, followed by his exhaust system...
he fixed those.... the car cost him nothing, probably cost my parents about $1000.. he spent i'd say well over $6000.. and now the car is gone, he still misses it sure, but he learned a lesson to not mod it if it's not needed, sure he'll go chip it and boost is and what not, but at least he'll do it carefully this time, IMO dont do anything, even if you end up getting this car, just leave it alone, and start saving up...... and go buy yourself something newer.. THEN start doing wahtever the hell you wanna do with it
I understand exactly what you mean, but different people love different things in different ways... Personally, I like things that I no longer have best of all. When I have my second car or later, I'd rather be able to say "I had a Focus tuned just my style and then it just killed itself and left me" than "I had a Focus. I sold it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
but please dont rice out that poor innocent car
Call it rice if you will, but to me it's beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
If you want to modify your one then go for it, especially if the car is already paid for and you are just paying your dad....

Don't worry about the haters just do whatever you can afford to do...
Actually, I'm not paying my dad anything... I'm not even paying for insurance. If I didn't get any modifications, I'd only pay for gas and maintenance. You can call me spoiled, but I prefer "lucky".

And that last line is what everyone should go by. I actually have more respect for full-on ricers than traditional dragsters and drifters and whatnot, because they simply do what they want and are happy with it.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Elite member

My first car was given to me. I had to commute to college its not really a good idea to have an unreliable car when your grades depend on you being somewhere. I'm paying for my own college though.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:25 PM
drifter and engineer

Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

no, ricers are the ones that pay the extra bunch of money cuz they don't know what's good value and only know name brands.

anyways, congrats on the car, congrats on comin' back. i'm gettin my car the same way you got yours: as a hand-down.

traditional drifters by the way aren't like what you see in D1 or Formula D. few even look decent enough to be on a dealership lot. they do whatever they can to keep costs down; ziptied bumpers, old used tires, rattle-can paint, cheap wheels, bargains from group buys, and so on are all part of that whole budget thing they do. they can't afford much, but with what they can afford, they do some pretty amazing shtuff.

and i like the halo's more than the audi lights, but just blacked out stock housings and smoked lenses would look cleaner. don't buy expensive wheels. you're not gonna be trackin' it hard anyways for the extra money spent to be worth it. just get some decent lookin' 5, 6, 7, or 10 spoke wheels. no Dubs or anything crazy. just get good fitment. a simple intake/header/exhaust will be enough for the focus and take care of your car's interior/exterior and it should look just fine.

keep it reliable and when you can buy the car you Really want to mod, keep the focus as your daily driver so you can still get to work while the other car is bein' worked on.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:53 PM
MSI <3

Yeah I've seen a lot of true drifters around, and I know how ratty their cars can be, and of course most of them love what they do, but a lot do it to be impressive. Ricers do what they want for themselves only and spare no expense.

And I sort of agree about the stuff you said about modding, but for one... Black housings? I think that's illegal and it would really dim the lights. :/ I think I'll stick with the projectors. And as for performance, that's about all I want to do anyway. Just enough to make it sound nice and work a bit harder.

I wish I could keep two cars at once, but I live in the suburbs, in a cul-de-sac, with my parents, who each own a car. The most we could easily have is three at a time, so unless it lasts me through college and I get a good enough job to get a house/apartment with a two car garage or large driveway, the Focus has gotta go in order to get a new one.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Elite member

For real though. Resize or remove that one picture.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:32 PM
MSI <3

Do you mean the Work Ryvers one? I'm not sure which you're talking about because I have a widescreen so they all have no effect on it.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:48 PM
drifter and engineer

Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

it's not illegal to paint the headlight housing black:

the middle and far right is what i refer to as headlight housing. all you have to do is paint it black so it turns out like: