Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2010, 01:47 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

I'll drop in a give a post...

Your first car is a big thing. I remember when I got mine, I loved it. To this day I still do. If there is any advice I can give you, I will say this, start small. Sometimes it's the little things you do that get noticed more.
Just about everyone at my work has commented on my Jeep. I haven't done anything big at all to it. Just little things. Exhaust, aftermarket radio, speakers, interior lighting, HID's... a big Antenna that sticks off the top
The point is, it will be your car and you can do what you want to it. I've had a blast with mine and I love working on it. It's so much more rewarding IMO to put your time and effort into your vehicle to make it the way you want. Every body has their own opinions and their will always be somebody who doesn't like something. Don't worry about it.

Have fun with it and just don't go too crazy. Oh and drive safe.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:55 AM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

Haha, thanks BulletsRain. I agree with all of that. So to all you haters out there, It's my car, my taste, my money, my style. If you have a better idea for anything that won't change the look drastically, shoot. But I don't want any more "Don't do that" or "Do this instead." You guys have your own vehicles to do this and that to, and you do what you want; not what people on the internet tell you to do, am I right?
Old 07-06-2010, 06:58 AM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

haters and baiters,..
firebird,if you really want to show a "mental growth spurt" then just let all the BS roll off your back and ignore it.
i can't help but think that there are a few people that are posting in this thread simply to troll you out to p*ss you off enough that you'll slip up and then they can say "yup,same old firebird".

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999 View Post
But I don't want any more "Don't do that" or "Do this instead." You guys have your own vehicles to do this and that to, and you do what you want; not what people on the internet tell you to do, am I right?
then what's the point of having the thread?
let people make their suggestions,you might find some good ideas here and there.
threads are created for discussion so let them talk,take it all with a grain of salt and mod your car the way you see fit.
if it wasn't for people coming together and sharing ideas we'd all still be rolling wooden hoops down the street with a stick and whipeing our butts with birch bark.

above all else,be thankful you get a nice car as your first cruiser,regardless of the model.
my first car was a '78 coupe de ville and it was a hunk when i got it.
i worked my butt off and sank about $2000 into it and it was still a hunk but it was a strong running SOLID hunk. point being,i had to work my butt off to get the car back to proper running order before even thinking about visuals or audio.

FWIW, my wal-mart bought Xplod head unit is still going strong after almost 9 years of use.
the amp has since passed away but the 12's are still thumping in my freinds
'04 lightning.

cheers,

Last edited by bondo; 07-06-2010 at 07:00 AM..
Old 07-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Tacoma on M/T's????

Trader Rating: (0)

Buying major parts like suspension from a wrecked car isn't the best idea to save money. If something is tweaked just a little bit from a wreck your gonna get yourself or other people hurt. Trust m parts from the junk yard can look fine but they really aren't. I bought my fair share of parts for my mustang from the junkyard but nothing major. Just interior and body panels. It might cost more but I would choose safety over saving $100.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:27 PM
MSI <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
haters and baiters,..
then what's the point of having the thread?
let people make their suggestions,you might find some good ideas here and there.
threads are created for discussion so let them talk,take it all with a grain of salt and mod your car the way you see fit.
if it wasn't for people coming together and sharing ideas we'd all still be rolling wooden hoops down the street with a stick and whipeing our butts with birch bark.
Maybe I wasn't really clear with what I said. I mean, some suggestions people have given, like "Just paint the headlight housings black" are fine, even if I disagree, because as you said they may come up with something I like. The ones I want to stop are "Don't get rims" or "Just leave it stock" etc. because I've already made it clear that I'm going to buy some stuff, so those posts add absolutely nothing to the thread.

Also, 96SVT, I do understand where you're coming from, but the good thing about having a 2003 Focus is that one of the minor updates (Or something. I'm not 100% sure why) causes 2005 ones to die more easily, and aside from one or two little bitty parts, they're exactly the same car. So I'll try my luck at finding one with no visible damage, and of course I'll make sure I know exactly why it's there, just in case. And yes, worst case scenario, I'll buy new or refurbished and just pay a little bit extra.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Maybe I wasn't really clear with what I said. I mean, some suggestions people have given, like "Just paint the headlight housings black" are fine, even if I disagree, because as you said they may come up with something I like. The ones I want to stop are "Don't get rims" or "Just leave it stock" etc. because I've already made it clear that I'm going to buy some stuff, so those posts add absolutely nothing to the thread.
ok everyone, if your going to post just say congrats..... nothing more....

if your going to post it on a forum you need to be ready to accept ideas.... take it and use it or just forget about it. its nothing to get all ****y about...

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 07-06-2010, 12:55 PM
MSI <3

*Facepalm* You're just not getting it...
Old 07-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
*Facepalm* You're just not getting it...
i dont get it? your saying "i want to do this" and people are basicaly saying "no dont do that, do this" and your getting upset... everyone has different opinions and ideas of "cool"

like earlier i learned that you liked rice, take this for referance

i honestly punch myself in the face if i owned this

but you think rice is beautiful

Old 07-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

Please, chill out in this thread. If when I get back from work there's still any flaming going on, the thread is getting lock and involving parties are getting banned.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
Please, chill out in this thread. If when I get back from work there's still any flaming going on, the thread is getting lock and involving parties are getting banned.
sorry if it sounds like im flaming, im just trying to make a point

Old 07-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Elite member

Quote:
FWIW, my wal-mart bought Xplod head unit is still going strong after almost 9 years of use.
the amp has since passed away but the 12's are still thumping in my freinds
'04 lightning.
Don't get me wrong, yeah, WalMart stuff WORKS, there's just WAYYY better stuff out there, for only a few dollars more.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:00 PM
MSI <3

Winner, you're only digging your hole deeper. I'm not saying anything you said is wrong, I'm just saying you're taking my posts in different ways than I meant them. I'll try to be more clear from now on, but you should also take a minute to make sure you're interpreting me right. Nobody here has any reason to be angry with anyone.
(Also, you said it yourself that everyone has his own ideas of cool, so why is it so hard to respect mine? I would love to have suggestions, but it makes a little more sense to keep it along the lines of what I evidently like than to change everything completely around.)

And haven't we already established that Wal-Mart is bad for audio? Nobody's disagreeing, so I think it's time to get off that subject.

Last edited by firebird999; 07-06-2010 at 03:04 PM..
Old 07-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Winner, you're only digging your hole deeper. I'm not saying anything you said is wrong, I'm just saying you're taking my posts in different ways than I meant them. I'll try to be more clear from now on, but you should also take a minute to make sure you're interpreting me right. Nobody here has any reason to be angry with anyone.
(Also, you said it yourself that everyone has his own ideas of cool, so why is it so hard to respect mine? I would love to have suggestions, but it makes a little more sense to keep it along the lines of what I evidently like than to change everything completely around.).
im not really sure what you mean by saying "your only digging your hole deeper" im just making a point.... and im not angry with you, nor do i have anything against you. and if you dont mind can you elaborate on how i disrespected your idea of whats cool and whats not? not to be mean or anything but i'd like to know so i dont do it in the future. im honestly kind of stumped on that one

again, im not trying to flam, sorry if it seems that way

Last edited by winner; 07-06-2010 at 07:24 PM..
Old 07-06-2010, 03:18 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

question 1: are you capable of masking? if not proceed to question 2.

question 2: do you know how to paint with a brush/q-tip/toothpick?

chances are you won't have to spend the extra money, and you can paint the badge yourself. metallic gunmetal would be great
and if you're up for it, try lookin' up de-badging. could clean up the typical mess(exxessive badging) manufacturers make when badging their cars

Last edited by XMDrifter; 07-06-2010 at 03:20 PM..
Old 07-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Elite member

Quote:
And haven't we already established that Wal-Mart is bad for audio? Nobody's disagreeing, so I think it's time to get off that subject.
Don't get so pissy.
I was simply talking.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

Actually, it depends on what Wal-Mart has. I had 3 12" nickel plated Pioneer MPP subs on a Pioneer 760 amp (all from Wal-Mart) and it beat like hell and I got lots of compliments. Go look around Best Buy and some of those other electronics stores that sell in-car electronics, some of the models of Sony, JVC, Pioneer, Punch, etc...are the exact same things that you find at Wal-Mart. In all honesty, when it all comes down to it, the engineering of system is what makes or breaks it...The entire install from having the proper wire size going to your amp, having it all filtered correctly, building the right box, the car's acoustics...There's a lot to it.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:26 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

just don't buy cheap brands that X-plod when you run em as a side note here

Last edited by XMDrifter; 07-06-2010 at 07:28 PM..
Old 07-06-2010, 07:34 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

The ford focus is a fine car, I do work on a whole fleet of them. They have been pretty reliable for them.

Some common problems are
water housing failure
wires break at ignition coil
coil springs break (ford has a recall)

not a problem but remember that they have a timing belt that should be replaced every 100,000.

Also my first car was handed down to me to so what?
Old 07-06-2010, 08:15 PM
MSI <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
can you elaborate on how i disrespected your idea of whats cool and whats not? not to be mean or anything but i'd like to know so i dont do it in the future.
I just think people are misinterpreting me, and I guess maybe I'm misinterpreting you. The problem with text is that you don't know how it was meant to be said, just the words. For example, "I hate you" can be taken sarcastic and playful, or literal, no matter how the poster meant it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
question 1: are you capable of masking? if not proceed to question 2.

question 2: do you know how to paint with a brush/q-tip/toothpick?

chances are you won't have to spend the extra money, and you can paint the badge yourself. metallic gunmetal would be great
and if you're up for it, try lookin' up de-badging. could clean up the typical mess(exxessive badging) manufacturers make when badging their cars
I don't think that would work too well, as there's a thick layer of clear plastic over the blue bit. It would look really sloppy and the blue would still be visible. And I do like debadging, but there's only two Ford badges, a Focus one, and an SE one, so it's not bad. They also fill in empty spaces so it looks good with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotmikal View Post
Don't get so pissy.
I was simply talking.
Nice job avoiding the word censor. But seriously, like I said above, you're interpreting me wrong. I just suggested getting back on topic. It was in no way calling you out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
Actually, it depends on what Wal-Mart has.
That is also quite true. But generally, they don't have anything too good. I actually might even be able to get an OEM radio with an iPod jack. A button on mine says "CD/MP3", so I assume another model, probably the ZTS, has an MP3 jack, and Ford was just too lazy to design a second button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
The ford focus is a fine car, I do work on a whole fleet of them. They have been pretty reliable for them.

Some common problems are
water housing failure
wires break at ignition coil
coil springs break (ford has a recall)

not a problem but remember that they have a timing belt that should be replaced every 100,000.

Also my first car was handed down to me to so what?
Haha, yeah, it's already died three times, but they were all human error. First time some guy changing the oil did something stupid, then the second time it was because the shop didn't fix it correctly after the first time, and the third was because it was left idling in 106 degree weather and just killed itself. on the plus side, that means the problematic parts are all either fixed or replaced.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (1)

for ur ford badge that outer plastic layer you are speaking of should pop offand then you can strip off the blue and re-paint it.

if you are worried since you said you were goin to be in a junkyard just snag a couple of them while you're there to practice with

ive had alot of ford badges and those covers do come off
370z-stock