Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 02:47 PM

Trader Rating: (0)
Default New Car Purchase Question

I just purchased a new Impala which I took delivery of Saturday. The dealership did not have the color I wanted so they got the car from another dealership. When I picked-up the car the mileage was on the trip setting and it was showing a little over 200 miles which was about what I was expecting. After we drove the car off the lot I realized that it actually had a total of over 700 miles. Is this something I should be concerned about? If so, what are my options with the dealership?
Old 05-20-2009, 02:50 PM

Trader Rating: (0)

Was it a new-new car?
Old 05-20-2009, 02:51 PM
RACE STAR

Trader Rating: (5)

return the car NOW and make them give you what you bought
Old 05-20-2009, 03:16 PM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

you might ask them about it. most of the time thats nothing to worry about between test drives, and employees taking cars home on the weekend, mileage can vary on new cars. most dealerships have 3 day buyback policies.
and if it came from another dealershipp that can add some miles depending on how they got it. they may have had to drive it from the other dealership to their lot if they couldnt trailer it.

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526
Old 05-20-2009, 03:23 PM
RACE STAR

how many miles did the paperwork (contract) state it had?
Old 05-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

I bought 3 new cars so far...The most miles i had on one was 6 miles.Make sure it's not a demo If it is you should at least get 3 thousand off sticker before trying to get the car for less
Old 05-20-2009, 04:04 PM
SPR

IMO, seems like a dumb reason to throw a fit over a car. So its 500 miles closer to being broke in for you. Awesome. drive it and be happy with it. Any smart dealership will ever say okay were going ot sell you a car with exactly this many miles. it just doesnt happen. even just driving it around the parking lot from its parking spot to the detail shop racks up miles. They just cant speficially say how many miles are going to be on a car untill your signing the paper work. Then they have to note the actual millege for the computer system.

Basically theres no chance of you getting any sort of compensation, but really i dont see why you should even be asking for it. its only 700 miles, not 7000. 100 miles coulda easily just been from the transport to get the car here from anther dealer.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:31 PM
RACE STAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
IMO, seems like a dumb reason to throw a fit over a car. So its 500 miles closer to being broke in for you. Awesome. drive it and be happy with it. Any smart dealership will ever say okay were going ot sell you a car with exactly this many miles. it just doesnt happen. even just driving it around the parking lot from its parking spot to the detail shop racks up miles. They just cant speficially say how many miles are going to be on a car untill your signing the paper work. Then they have to note the actual millege for the computer system.

Basically theres no chance of you getting any sort of compensation, but really i dont see why you should even be asking for it. its only 700 miles, not 7000. 100 miles coulda easily just been from the transport to get the car here from anther dealer.
I would certainly make a big deal over it. Once the car is driven off that lot, it's no longer a "brand new" car and you do not get 700 miles on the car from driving it around the lot. It's not a big deal in a sense of the car being a problem, it's the bottom line (money). When your negotiating on a price for a new car, you expect to get a new car not a used car or a demo unless that is what's stated in the contract.

If it were me and they told me that it was brand new car and sold me a car with 700 miles on it, I would demand a few grand off what I paid but thats just me...
Old 05-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

How did you come to the realization that it was 700 over the 200? Was the trip-o-do-meter reading the 200? That's not anything the dealership can cover, that's more or less, your fault for not double checking (I know, new car not used to it, but the info can't be altered easily, not even by dealerships)

And 700 miles is nothing. The car is still brand new. And unless you bought the SS, I doubt it was driven hard in the test drives.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Closed Thread