Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 08-10-2009, 02:05 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Hondas are cheap, and reliable, because they are built to be utterly sensible cars. Low compression daily driver little toasters. At least, before the 2000s rolled around and they became ever bloated piles of ugly crap (they were boring, but not ugly before).

Reliabilty came at the expense of horse power. Honda used to be smart and make their cars light weight to compensate. But, the biggest weak link is the head gaskets in these cars. In Lemons that's the #1 failure. Next up is the pathetic radiator, which is also probably what kills the head gaskets.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 08-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

If people went OEM Honda with headgaskets and used the newer gaskets (which Honda issued a service bulliten for) then they wouldn't have problemss.

But yeah, radiators tend to suck.

But, you know, not like a Trans Am needs the tranny rebuilt at 70k.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 08-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)

Well to tell the truth Im disappointed, because for the time I have been A member of the site all you guys do is hate on imports and call anyone who's car has potential a 'ricer"( at this point some of you are like no were not hating) and its fine to deny that you never said that but its stupid when you judge someone else's ride knowing that you wouldn't like someone else calling your ride a "ricer"

and sure now your going to try to get at me since I'm not an xmod expert or
an administrator but this is just plain stupid.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump_Man_23 View Post
Well to tell the truth Im disappointed, because for the time I have been A member of the site all you guys do is hate on imports and call anyone who's car has potential a 'ricer"( at this point some of you are like no were not hating) and its fine to deny that you never said that but its stupid when you judge someone else's ride knowing that you wouldn't like someone else calling your ride a "ricer"

theres a time and place for everything, i love imports because of the complexity, but thoose **** fatcans will make a man go insane...

i also love the american cars for the simplicity, realibility, and comfort. but the gas milage can be over the top alot of times...

anyway, back on topic. texan got any new up dates?

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 08-25-2009, 07:53 PM
All 6's and 7's

Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:

are you serious???
look around a bit more and i'm sure you'll find that the majority of this crowd is all about the import scene.
the term "rice" is all about the dorks we see in our everyday life who take a celica,throw on an F1 wing,an exhaust bigger then most huey's,carbon fibre stickers and brag about their Vtax.

you know how when you see a car or truck with plastic chrome hubcaps,fake 22" badges when it's sitting on 16's and every other shiny stick on that autozone sells on a corolla,all you can think is "man,that person either has no taste or very little self esteem"?
same principal.
when a "ricer" slaps a 24" grand prix wing on a 1.8ci it's the exact same thing as the guy who puts the 22" badge on his focus knowing that he's on stockers.
there's no need for it and it's about nothing more then saying "hey,look what i have wether i can use it effectively or not".

that's what rice is.
i 'spose you gotta fake till you make it though.....

the point of this particular build though is about one of those past "ricers" owned by a duckbag with more ambition then common sense.
if you read through the updates and even the majority of the comments,that fact is clear.
no one is dogging the particular model,more about the fictional previous owner and his decisions that brought the car to this point.
i think texan did a **** fine job of incorperating that feel into this build.
how many people come up with and twist a tale about their build???
he took himself out of his own shoes and put on some patty stompers to build outside of his norm and schooled it.

Last edited by bondo; 08-25-2009 at 08:02 PM..
Old 08-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:

Can you please pull up an example of anyone seriously downing someone's real car as Rice?

If you would have READ the thread, you would know the AIM for this project, and it's theme. What the hell do you think BAD RICE Integra means?

And you've only really been a member for a few months, your *** was on hiatus for over a year. Your lucky I'm tired and don't feel like ranting, but Bondo did a fine job:

Quote:
if you read through the updates and even the majority of the comments,that fact is clear.
no one is dogging the particular model,more about the fictional previous owner and his decisions that brought the car to this point.
i think texan did a **** fine job of incorperating that feel into this build.
how many people come up with and twist a tale about their build???
he took himself out of his own shoes and put on some patty stompers to build outside of his norm and schooled it.
As for updates, waiting on some more water slide decals for more stickaz. Just gotta mount it and throw in an interior.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 08-25-2009, 11:37 PM
noob customizer

Trader Rating: (3)

I personally believe this one awesomely crappy lookin ride.

GREAT JOB Texan!
Old 08-26-2009, 02:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Can you please pull up an example of anyone seriously downing someone's real car as Rice?

If you would have READ the thread, you would know the AIM for this project, and it's theme. What the hell do you think BAD RICE Integra means?

And you've only really been a member for a few months, your *** was on hiatus for over a year. Your lucky I'm tired and don't feel like ranting, but Bondo did a fine job:

As for updates, waiting on some more water slide decals for more stickaz. Just gotta mount it and throw in an interior.

Im lucky you tired? how am I lucky first of all no one says "ranting" anymore and bondo didnt do **** to to try and "rant" and me so flip off
Old 08-26-2009, 03:37 AM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Quote:
Im lucky you tired? how am I lucky first of all no one says "ranting" anymore and bondo didnt do **** to to try and "rant" and me so flip off
Just stop, by tomorrow when they return they'll be jumping down your throat like hell if they felt like it.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post
Just stop, by tomorrow when they return they'll be jumping down your throat like hell if they felt like it.
thanks but I mean they are just losers I maybe new but no offense to you or the site but dont need to sit down for hours on end fixing toys and then call ppl "ricers" or say words like "ranting'

but Ill stop
Old 08-26-2009, 05:11 AM
Elite member

Quote:
thanks but I mean they are just losers I maybe new but no offense to you or the site but dont need to sit down for hours on end fixing toys and then call ppl "ricers" or say words like "ranting'

but Ill stop
Umm... All you've been doing is ranting. And the other people here are giving you facts, not rants. Also, month old user vs moderators, guess who's going to win?

And to add my two cents to the whole argument: You have yet to prove your side of the debate. I'm pretty sure more than half of the crowd here are import lovers. There are plenty of projects here based on imports, and some real car discussions about imports. There is a line between Imports and ricers. Real car people would understand this. (Before you say anything about me, I'm a student at UTI and a part-time employee for Advance Auto Parts, so I know what I'm talking about) Ricers are the bane of both domestic and import groups. Nobody but fellow ricers, like ricers. I honestly don't understand why this is getting your panties in a wad, unless, you are a ricer. Could you perhaps show off your ride?

Edit: I drive a 1997 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, that has been tastefully modified, no rice. So don't try to drag that into the argument either.

Last edited by AJB32690; 08-26-2009 at 05:15 AM..
Old 08-26-2009, 06:10 AM
Gotta Go Fast!

Send a message via AIM to imwiththemidget

Even tho I like american too, I really love import cars. Especially nissans, the 370z my favorite car of all time. But you'd never see me in a ricer.

Jumpman23: if your gonna make fun that we are wasting hours fixing toys then why are you even on this site? That's what this site is for. Bondo and the other admins do a great job keeping up this site so don't talk **** about them. You have a pointless argument.

Nice job by the way texan. I swear that the almost identical car parks on my block. Ill try to get a pic soon.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:16 AM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:

but Ill stop
you dont know who your talking about man.... i have alot of resect for texan and bondo, and for what you said they will eat you alive.

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 08-26-2009, 08:30 AM
All 6's and 7's

Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:

but Ill stop
who called anyone a ricer?
there was no name calling at all in this thread until you showed up and decided to get the stink off your upper lip.

as for the thread topic.
all you need to read is these two quotes and you will understand the concept behind this project and it's thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asda653 View Post
There's more to rice than mismatched body paint and scuff... that looks more like the junkyard special, and even worse, if that was painted one solid color it might actually look nice.

A ricer has to be something that looks ridiculously in bad taste. This just looks like someone in the middle of a build that will turn out good. I personally LOVE that lip on the car.

You need flamboyantly *** bodykits, altezzas (non-broken), stuff that serves absolutely no purpose (like roof scoops on a street car, or hood scoops on a tiny 4 banger) little ricer details like M3 vents, etc.

This car needs a turbo rotary, with headers... and pistons. It'd decimate all after about 15 grand in it, or more, if we have to, overnight parts from. Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Bad Rice is about something you'd realistically see on the street. Not the over the top trying-too-hard look above. Bad Rice is a used and abused Integra that once lived it's former glory in the fame of the Fast and Furious. It once has bright orange paint, HID's that woud blind the sun, and more vynal than a hippy's record collection.

But things have changed over the years. Been threw a few wrecks, a change of hands, and now it sits as now. It's Bad Rice, not good rice or fast rice or show rice. It's been beaten like a cheap skank and dressed up as cheap as one over time too. Bad Rice is a bit more than just a ricer look, it's got a bit of a story and swagger.

It be hittin' V-tech y0 all day every day no matter who it's racing. Like that mini van full of laughing children the other day on the I-45. Why were they laughing? They weren't laughing at me right? No, no way, I blew the doors off that Caravan!

/ricer's mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
i have alot of resect for texan and bondo, and for what you said they will eat you alive.
there's no need for me to "hulk up " over this kid.
he's got no basis for argument and will be gone soon enough.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:15 PM
XMS Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

I respect the amount of civility this argument contained and thank you for not taking it way out there. Especially Texan, the OP, and Bondo, to first to reply.

As for you, Jump_Man, although you may have an opinion, there is a way to express it and a place to say it. The way you have stated your opinion is more of an attack than it was anything else; mainly due to the environment it was said in. It doesn't matter if you have two posts or a thousand posts: you don't go into someone's project thread and complain about how people are knocking down on "ricers." There is a time and a place. Your status should have a very minimal impact on how people react, it's what you say that makes people react in different ways.

I suggest you take a chill pill and just ignore this thread from now on. Any further posts from you will be watched carefully, so if you do decide to post in this thread again, choose your words very carefully.

Let us also try to remember who the Staff Members (Admins/Mods) of this website are. No Staff Members have joined into this conversation until my post.

Cheers,
Kyle.

**Any further comments on this rant/topic are unnecessary and could receive infraction points due to content of said post. Please post about the OP if you are going to post. Thank you.**

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Last edited by Donziikid; 08-26-2009 at 12:25 PM..
Old 08-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:

but Ill stop
What the Fargo are you crying about? Can you not read this thread and use what little mental capacity left in your little prepubescent mind that the car's story and theme is a piece of trash rice boy? The theme of the car is BAD RICE Integra, as in, IT'S A PURPOSE BUILT CRAP RICER. Again, find an example where we are insulting another member's car. Your complaining here has been uncalled for. I'm more than likely much more versed and accepting in cars than you by a long shot. My friends range from a boy with mind 90s accord with a peeling CF hood, but has a nicely built (and dyno'd) 235 HP 4 banger built of a hybrid of Type R parts, to friends with a 435hp '67 Mustang, to a kid who's parents are so rich he'll eventually kill himself with a 637HP Pro-charged Z06. My tastes are everywhere often times.

Quote:
dont need to sit down for hours on end fixing toys
Your here too. Your here for the same reasons. So don't try and act like a badarse dissing the purpose of the site that you visit and signed up for.

"oh, look at me, I'm putting down ppl for working on xmods because their toys on a site that I signed up to because I... play with... xmods"

Seriously, that is the biggest fallacy in your argument.

Oh, and, STFU NOOB.

Edit:
Small example of the people I hang with:

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 08-26-2009 at 01:33 PM..
Old 08-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Got the waterslides in today. Can finish stickering it up! Gotta find the dash, semi lost it.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:17 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

I dedicate this post to Jumpboy-ricercakes

Mods: I'm having trouble with this new FB account resizing, they should all be under 800x600, if not, let me mess with it later.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

they look good to me as far as the size. i love the car it looks amazing. is the license plate side ways? love the detail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 08-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Wish I had some purple candy so the windows look like a bad tint job

I hope everyone catches the brand whoring of Nissan.