Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 03-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Put on some 24" steel cable on the hood pins.

Under the hood the steel cable (plastic coated)is attached to what the pin itself is attatched to, the part thats bolted to the radiator support.

TEAM XI
Old 03-25-2011, 12:16 AM
wish i had a subie

Trader Rating: (0)

nice truck man
Old 03-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuMnEr_CuStOmS View Post
nice truck man
Thanks

Here are some under the hood shots of the cable.

TEAM XI
Old 04-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Elite member

A small update.

I left school today went the gas station got some gas & left & boom there goes my transmission, it was stuck in first & I would give it a bit of gas & it would rev up like it was in neutral but still kept going. So I pulled into another gas station (still coasting) stopped put it in park & then put it in reverse (still works) put it into drive again & had the same problem.

So as of now my truck is sitting at a gas station waiting to be brought home, not sure if the transmission went out, if the tv cable needs adjusted or what.

Had to walk back to the school (mom works there) ended up getting a ride with a cop (has a sweet Charger cop car) & rode home with my mom.

Will post some more when I get more news on it.

TEAM XI
Old 04-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Elite member

Well me and my stepdad went & picked it up my stepdad drove it home with me behind him in my moms car. He had pretty much no problems with it, he said though that it was slipping a bit going through the gears. So we checked the trans fluid & its not showing up, so tommorrow we are going to top off the fluid & if its still having problems we are going to drain it & replace the filter & then refill it.

More updates later.

TEAM XI
Old 04-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Elite member

Just put 2 1/2 quarts of trans fluid in it & everything is fine now. We checked for leaks, drove it around went through the gears & everything is just fine. Its even better than before I had problems.

TEAM XI
Old 05-31-2011, 08:51 PM
Elite member

Well me and my stepdad got my headers put on today & I have an appointment tomorrow to get them welded onto the existing pipes.

I have a video & pictures, but they are not uploaded yet. I will try to get them on soon.

All I can say is its really loud & deafening inside the cab. Its great.

TEAM XI
Old 06-14-2011, 12:49 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Some advice on your truck with your videos.. Don't floor it in a residential area. Stay within the speed limit.

I saw your video on YouTube and thought it would be nice of myself to give you a warning.

Quote:
Thanks, they are a huge pain in the butt to install. The speed limit is 30, but I was doing over 60mph right after I took off.
Normally isn't a good thing to say either..
Old 08-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Elite member

Some major bumping going on here. lol

Its been quite a few months since I have updated this thread, but enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabrain View Post
Basically the same concept as what I did, except I used a four prong relay to do it instead. I was told I could use a diode (just put one end on the high & the other on the low) it would do the same job.

If I can ever find a good fog light set up for my truck, I will probable either run them on their own switch or wire them up to my lows & highs so I can either have them all on or just the highs & lows or the fogs & lows, etc...

Here is a night picture:

I will try to get some pics of the wiring later.

I may try to get these fog lights here:
http://www.autoanything.com/lights/6...x?kc=ffproduct

Have great reviews (I read almost all of them), come with a double switch so you can run halo w/o fog, fog w/o halo, or both.

Plus the would be awesome with a set of hids in them to match my headlights & it has been done with them before.
Quote:
Here are some pics, video is still in the process of loading to photobucket. They are a bit dirty, alot of dirt got on them and they still aren't 100% clean. Also got them welded up the rest of the exhaust today, cost me $50.

@cryo, they were pretty difficult to intall had to drop the exhaust to get the y-pipe off & then the bolts that go into the head were really difficult to get in.
Quote:
Double post. lol

Here is the video.
Quote:
Scored this air ride pump made by firestone for free.

I think it retails new for around $320, hooked it up & it works great, all I need now to finish my rear air ride set up is a new bag on the drivers side ($70), a on/off switch & a guage(s) with dual needle set up (so I know how much pressure is in the bags) & some more tubing & I will be good to go.

Quote:
Got some new shoes put on the truck. Falken Ziex ZE912 235/50r17 front & rear, got a nice price on them and the fit great and ride great.

Still need to get a steering alignment (shop couldn't do it) for two reason's it couldn't be done, one they were closing when the finished my tires & two my truck wouldn't fit on the steering alignment machine. So I need to find another ship that has a floor level one, then I can get it done (Truck pulls to the right ever so slightly, figure better get it done asap instead of letting them start wearing uneven).

Raised the front off of the ground about 2".

Shot with the lights on, need to re-align them a tad bit.
Quote:
45mins later a 1/4 can of flat black & half a bottle of aluminum wheel cleaner and a scrubing brush. I got the rear drums painted and the back side & front side of the rear wheels clean (the rears are as clean as they are going to get).

Still have to do the front wheels & paint the from caliper & front wheel wells.

Quote:
Got the front wheel wells done & front calipers. Cleaned the back side of the front wheels too.

Quote:
Got the truck all cleaned up this morning, only thing left to do is the vents on the inside and degrease under the hood (that will be next Saturday, before I go to the car show). It will get rewashed right before the car show, so it will be as clean as I can get it.

So shiny!!

Fully detailed interior, excluding the vents.

Quote:
Thanks

Here is the link to the thread with pics from the car show.
http://www.xmodsforum.co.uk/showthre...667#post134667
Quote:
Well I decided to change the color of my gauge cluster.

After peeling the face off (took an hours to remove).

All of the green sanded off (took 2hrs).

Candy Apple red paint.

Candy Apple red paint.

I will get night time pictures tonight, looks stock with the lights off & when there on its red. I plan on getting led's in the future to put behind the gauge.
Quote:
Some day time pics & night time pics. Ignore the smudges on the casing over the gauges (I need to clean them a bit more). Still need to do my hvac, but that will be later.

Day time lights off.

Lights on.

Night time.

Quote:
Here are some night pictures (sorry they are crappy pictures), they are brighter in person than in the pics.

The under dash lights are like two red spot lights. lol

But I have an idea to solve that, I just need to do it. Also I plan on wiring up some led strips to put under the dash so its lit up even more at night.

The underdash lights are 15 led, (9 on the front & 6 on the sides).

Pictures:

Quote:
Got my reverse lights working again. Had to adjust the switch's mounting spot.
Quote:
Brake lights quit working last night, already checked the bulbs & fuses, still have my blinkers & parking lights. Next I have to check the brake control switch on the pedal & if thats not it then I will have to look for broken wires or a wire thats grounded its self out.
Quote:
It was the brake switch, $13 & 5 mins later its fixed. Was a pretty easy thing to deal with.
Quote:
Factory cup holders showed up today.

Quote:
Well started grinding/stripping the paint away on the roll pan & its rusted all the way through in certain places, it was not even worth my time & money to fix it. So i ordered a new roll pan & it should hopefully be here later this week. Then I have to move my exhaust back like 4" & then my exhaust will be turn downs (still using my current exhaust tips) behind the roll pan under the bed.

Unfortuantly its way to hot out right now to do any more body work, so I will continue when it cools off. Only other thing that really needs to be done now is fill in the minor dents, of course the cab corners. Still need to order the passengers side cab corner.
Quote:
Roll pan showed up today. I came home from work & there it was on the front porch. :shock:

I was not expecting it until like this Friday, I ordered it Saturday & got it today & the shipping was free.

Well since I wasn't expecting it today I don't have my exhaust tips cut off yet or my 45 degree turn downs yet, but I held it up to my old roll pan & it seems to line up pretty well & I did the best test fit that I could & it seems to be a near perfect fit. Not to bad for $99.
Quote:
Here are some pictures of my discovery that the old roll pan was toast & then the new roll pan & exhaust set up.

Temporary exhaust set up. Still ned to get some turn downs.
Quote:
Truck overheated on my way to grandpa's today after work. So I am stopping at the auto parts store tommorrow to pick up a new thermostate "again" (180 degree), new radiator cap & a temperature sending unit. Shoudn't be to expensive, if that doesn't solve the problem then I will probable do a electric fan swap , I plan on doing this next summer but if I need to do it this summer I can.
Quote:
Order four new shocks with polyurthane bushings, hope to have them sometime this week. Also bought a new thermostat, radiator cap & temperature sending unit & my truck is stilling getting to hot & spewing coolant. We will be checking the timing next & then to see if anything is blocking the radiator.
Quote:
Got my shocks today.

Hope to at least get either the front or the rears on tonight, then finish it tommorrow.
Quote:
Got the shocks installed today, took longer than we thought. Ride is nice and smooth, way better than before.

Front passengers lower mount, totally gone.

Same side.

Drivers side shock was compeletly blown, sat like that for 2 hours & never expanded.

Drivers side lower mount.

Old shock.

Quote:
Saving up to get my windows tinted looking to get 5% on the rear window, 35% on the drivers & passengers side windows & a 5% sun visor on the windshield (going to keep it legal all the way around, although I would rather have 20% on the front windows instead of 35%), might be awhile before I get the right amount of money. But its something to save up for. Also school starts tommorrow so I am going to try and find a after school job since my summer job was over last week.

I am also taking a drafting & design class along with a introduction to engineering course this year since its my Senior year. Its at the technical institute college that offers courses for Juniors & Seniors at my school, so I get to go to school half a day then leave on a bus & go to the college & then come back when the day is over. So my Senior year is going to be a breeze compared to last year & the year before.
Quote:
Getting my windows tinted next Saturday. 5% on the rear window, 35% on the Drivers & Passengers window & a 5% visor strip on the front windsheild. I had an option to get a black out strip, but I would like to be able to see the stoplights with out having to lean forward. lol

Getting it all done for $125 (this was after a discount, since my stepdad use to work for them & my family is friends with the owner/installer) its normally like $140, if I wasn't getting the visor strip it would be around $110-$115.

The brand of tint that they use is Llumar, which is top of the line stuff. Plus its pre-cut on a in house machine they use & the installer is one of the best tint installers I have ever seen & watched install tint.

TEAM XI
Old 08-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Elite member

Well got my windows done & they look great. Alot cooler inside than before, still have a few air bubbles & a few water "blisters" they will eventually evaporate out. I can't roll my windows down for two days. lol

The sun visor is a 8" strip on the outside, from the inside its about 6". Unfortunately I have to use an ammonia-free glass cleaner on the inside, which from my experience is really hard to keep streaks from showing, unlike cleaners such as windex.

TEAM XI
Old 08-28-2011, 01:44 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Buy proper automotive glass cleaner, and use black-and-white printed news papers to wipe it.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 08-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Elite member

Lookin' good! Keep up the good work!

BTW, Im pretty sure that compressor is a re-brand. I use ones exactly like it at work, but I dont recall the brand.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:11 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Buy proper automotive glass cleaner, and use black-and-white printed news papers to wipe it.
i have never heard that...going to have to try that out

i have been told SprayAway from COSTCO is the way to go...alcohol based...and never windex or any other ammonia based cleaner...

also does a good job of taking off pitch/sap off of the windows and windshield...with the help of a razor blade of course...now if i could just find something to get pitch off of paint and everywhere else

Team X.I.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydfanYodaman View Post

i have been told SprayAway from COSTCO is the way to go...alcohol based...and never windex or any other ammonia based cleaner...

also does a good job of taking off pitch/sap off of the windows and windshield...with the help of a razor blade of course...now if i could just find something to get pitch off of paint and everywhere else
Old trick, but it works very well. No streaks!

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 08-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
I did get some really good glass cleaner. I know newspaper works really well, I just need to get some, I did get rid of 99% of the streaks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJB32690 View Post
Lookin' good! Keep up the good work!

BTW, Im pretty sure that compressor is a re-brand. I use ones exactly like it at work, but I dont recall the brand.
Thanks, the compressor is made by firestone (firestone helper bags, etc...), which after some research it was an older model one. But still a good brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydfanYodaman View Post

I used invisible glass window cleaner, cost about $6 per spray can. Works pretty well.

TEAM XI
Old 09-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Elite member

Some more stuff I have done in the past month.

Quote:
Buffed my truck by hand this morning, took over two hours. It was about 60 degrees out, glad its suppose to stay like this all week. So I decided to go at it.

Got rid of alot of the micro scratchs that just form over time, only thing I didn't buff was the wheels, windows & the roll pan. I orignally was only going to do the tail lights but I did the whole truck instead. lol

Hasn't been this reflective since I have owned it.

Quote:
Some evening pictures at the dam.

Quote:
I accomplished three things today, finally found a nut that would fit my transmission rear bolt mount since mine has been missing since the first day I owned it (no clue were it went, or if they forgot to put it on when the rebuilt the transmission) I am hoping that it helps keep the shaking in my truck down since everytime it shifted up or down my truck shook since I belive the tranny was kicking to the side. Haven't driven it yet to see if it solved the issue. Then I did one of the ultimate tbi mods, took the silencer thing out of the box in my stock intake, definetly opened it up more, from 2" to 4" and I did take the little flap thingy & make it were its permantly open so no more waiting for it to open when the engine is warm enough. Then fixed my under the hood light so now it turns on everytime you open the hood, instead of having to flick it to make it turn on.
Quote:
Did another ultimate tbi mod, removed the air tube from my fender. Man was that restricting the air.

Inside fender shot.

Had to make a few relief cuts with a soldering iron, since my knife disappeared.

The silencer thing that was inside the air box.

I have the heat riser flap permatly set open so I don't have to wait for the sensor thing to open it. I need to get the grinder back from my grandpa so I can get the rivots out & drop the whole mehcanism out of the breather & then cap it off.

My charcoal canister needs to be replaced.

TEAM XI
Old 11-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Elite member

Updating the thread too current status of my truck.

Quote:
Tinted my stock parking lights, & painted the trim black. Need to replace my inner amber bulbs on both sides, they are starting to turn clear. I need to get my black/clear corner signals re-sealed & put back on. The light out put is still great, leds would make it even better. The tint isn't perfect on the lenses but good enough for me & its easy to redo them, just get some paint remover & they will be back to clear. I will probable try to get my tails & front parking lights done professionally sometime before next summer using a black & clear mix.

Low beams.

High-4
Quote:
Got my senior pictures done today & I was able to get a few pics of just my truck with me not in the pics. Nothing to special, just a couple of spots on route 66. There are some sweet pictures of my truck & me that were taken, can't wait for them to get finished & then I can see them & post some of them up.

Quote:
Got my charcoal canister today & got it installed, hoping to go pick up a leaf spring this week from the salvage yard.
Quote:
Got my leaf spring today, was like $57. Have some pics but camera batteries died.

Seems to be in pretty good shape & the bushings aren't in to bad of shape either. Hope to get it on this weekend.

EDIT: Here are some pics.

Thought this was funny, leaf spring came from a red truck. lol

Quote:
Leaf spring install done, took way longer than it should have. Many trips into town to get stuff. But its done & it rides alot better, no more clanking or squeaking & it hooks up alot better too.

Ended up having every bolt fused to the bushing, nothing some PB blaster couldn't solve & a torch. Had to replace the front bolt with a new Grade 8 one & a matching nut. Relubed all of the bushings & that was pretty much it.

I wanted to repaint the leaf spring & flip kit parts, but it would have looked weird with only one side painted.

Also ditched all of the air ride suspension stuff, only thing left is the upper brackets that bolt to the frame. Will get to those another day.

Quote:
Some pictures of the polished wheels, wish I had a before picture. Definetely a difference.

Quote:
Washed my truck today & got the leaf springs painted. Yes I still have water on the tires & other chassis parts. So there isn't anything wrong with the paint.

Removed the fish eye mirror from the my drivers side mirror. Was to grandpa looking for me.

Quote:
Well got home today from school & decided to wash my truck, so I did & when I popped the hood to do some touch ups there I noticed my upper radiator hose had about a one inch crack in it & another smaller crack next to it, which was of course leaking. I had been seeing a few drops of coolant under the hood, on the inner fender nothing too major I just couldn't figure out were it was coming from. Of course it was the hose, so I had to go buy a new one & while I was at it I bought a new Coolant Temperature Sensor. So after all of that & buying a deeper socket to put the sensor on, I am now $37 poorer. lol

But my truck doesn't seem to be running rich anymore which it doesn't smell like gas anymore from the exhaust, of course I won't really know for sure until I drive it everyday next week.
Quote:
Modified the upper corner parking lense on my truck today. Use to be just a blank lense, but now has a light. Will put pictures up later.
Quote:
Here are some pics. Daytime ones kinda ****.
Also the stuff you see thats clear on the lights is RTV sealant that I used to I could water proof the housing, I could have left it the way it was but water would have gotten in it & fried the bulb.

Not a whole lot of room once the headlight is in.

All lit up.
Quote:
Got my dual temperature/compass rear view mirror installed yesterday.

Pics:

The sensor that gives the temp.

TEAM XI
Old 01-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Elite member

Updated to current status of my truck.

Quote:
Well this is what happens when your bored on thanksgiving break & want fog lights on your truck.

Used the 19mm socket to round the corners.

Unfortuantly my knife wouldn't cut the curve, so I just made it a rectangle.

Before sandiny & cleaning up the pencil marks.

Cleaned up & looking good.

Now I just need some fog lights that are around 3"x5", looking at some optronics from walmart or maybe some wide angle beam ones from blazer tech. They are both around $20, but the wide beam ones are on amazon I am assuming they are 3x5 or around that size, but i can't figure out what they are.

The optronics ones are a bit bigger than 3"x5" but still smaller than the hole I made.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/OEM-Style-...t-Kit/16680053

Wide beam ones I am looking at, still not for sure how big they are.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

If you guys have any recommendations on lights that will fit, let me know. I plan on doing an hid conversion on them too at some point.
Quote:
Got the fog lights installed, still need to do some minor adjusting to the get the maximum light output. What really made this day worst was I got the passengers side finished & then went to the drivers side, but it turns out the lense was cracked.

So I had to take the passengers side apart return the fog lights to walmart & get a new pair. After that everything went smoothly. Also the lenses are made of glass.

Light brackets, built out of 1/4" thick plastic (left over pieces from the valance), then I used 1/8" thick wire to help support the brackets.

I would like to get some hids for them sometime, I will get day pictures tommorrow.
Quote:
Day picture(s).

Pics of the wiring all cleaned up.

Quote:
Well here are some pics from yesterday & Tuesday, they should all be in order. Also the pictures do not show how amazing it actually looks, its almost flawless compared to before.

My supply bucket, weighs 17lbs.

Before washing, yes there is snow on my truck it was like 50 degrees out though.

After washing with Duragloss #901

After clay barring.

Buffing compound.

Polishing.

Wet look sealer stuff.

Fleet wax.

TEAM XI