Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 01-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Hope You guys Dont Mind A Project Already In Progress ***PIC***

1st car with be my 1992 Nissan 240sx S13 S15 front conversion.....

I baught this car for about 800 dallors, barely running.. kid said engine is healthy so i trusted him. besides its a 240sx i thought..

Little did i know i was going to pour this much money into it.

Took the front end off when i first got it cuz it was held on entirly by tip ties.

LOL

Ha, before i got the hood.

STOCK!!!!!!!

the day i picked the turbo kit up.. that was only a fraction of the rest that came in.

First Test drive...... really fun.

hood, had to put 4 hood pins for easy all around acces when working on the engine at the track.

then the engine kinda gave up so i desided to take it out and apart.

the piston walls werent bad at all. I expected them to be scratched up but nope smooth as glass..

Pistons werent that bad either, just alot of carbon build up

PISTONS CAME IN!!

few days later the rods came in..

Thats the hold on the car for now. hope you enjoy!!

Last edited by BoostAddicted; 01-30-2009 at 02:35 PM..
Old 01-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Advance member

I usually don't care for that front end on the coupe, but if you can pull it off more power to you. Have you thought of putting one of the many available wide body kits on the rear fenders to make it a little less boxy and match the front?

I'm going to keep an eye on this, I love 240sx builds.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Advance member

Nice! All you need is an LS1.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:27 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

Nice build, I'm going to have to stay tuned to see the progress.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeon View Post
I usually don't care for that front end on the coupe, but if you can pull it off more power to you. Have you thought of putting one of the many available wide body kits on the rear fenders to make it a little less boxy and match the front?

I'm going to keep an eye on this, I love 240sx builds.

Ive deffinatly considered that since the front fenders seem to flare out further than the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoter View Post
Nice! All you need is an LS1.
lol ive never really bee a fan of LS1 conversions cuz it kinda ruins an import car.

but thats just my opinion
Old 01-29-2009, 02:09 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Excellent progress! Although it kinda looks like the can melted your rear bumper definitely keep us posted I can wait to see how it runs with the new internals....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 01-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
Excellent progress! Although it kinda looks like the can melted your rear bumper definitely keep us posted I can wait to see how it runs with the new internals....

yeah i was looking for an exhaust like the MK4. I like it when it kicks out to the side and up. i love the aggressive look when its like that. also, since i have the motor out i have a chance to paint the engine bay.

for christmass i got a HVLP spray gun

and i got a 26 Gal 160 psi air compressor.. so now im cintemplating on colors for the car..

my buddy really wants me to paint it bright green. and im not gonna argue with him on that color since this is not street driven at all. ill want a very flashy color so the judjes focus on me not the competetor.

what do you guys think of this..... he photoshoped it for me..

Old 01-29-2009, 02:48 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Wow thats a loud green!!! I think that its a little to photoshopped but overall its a good color choice.....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 01-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostAddicted View Post
Ive deffinatly considered that since the front fenders seem to flare out further than the rear.
Aside from flaring out, the newer body style is much more rounded and the older body style is square...a little something to smooth the edges could do wonders.

Quote:

my buddy really wants me to paint it bright green. and im not gonna argue with him on that color since this is not street driven at all. ill want a very flashy color so the judjes focus on me not the competetor.

what do you guys think of this..... he photoshoped it for me..

The Color screams Fast and the Furious, the wheels scream weekend drifter. If you are going flashy on the paint, you need to ante up on the wheels. Chrome 18's would probably do it. There are plenty of imports painted fluorescent colors, so trying to stand out that way may not be the trick... I saw a Civic painted with chalkboard paint at a show, and he had a buckett of chalk. Everyone was gathered around drawing on the car....that caught a lot of attention.

The color is good, but you won't stand out doing the same thing everyone else is. My two cents, it will be a great project either way.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Aside from flaring out, the newer body style is much more rounded and the older body style is square...a little something to smooth the edges could do wonders.

The Color screams Fast and the Furious, the wheels scream weekend drifter. If you are going flashy on the paint, you need to ante up on the wheels. Chrome 18's would probably do it. There are plenty of imports painted fluorescent colors, so trying to stand out that way may not be the trick... I saw a Civic painted with chalkboard paint at a show, and he had a buckett of chalk. Everyone was gathered around drawing on the car....that caught a lot of attention.

The color is good, but you won't stand out doing the same thing everyone else is. My two cents, it will be a great project either way.
Well, you may be right.. but all the events i go to.. all the cars are just stock colored.. silver,red,grey. ETC. the only cars that usually have bright colors are usually the pros. But idk i kind like the wheels that are on it cuz there soooooo light so its a practical drift wheel. 18's probly would look better for show. but this car isnt gonna stay nice so i dont wanna put much money into making it look great.. mostlikely ill crash a few times and the car will be trashed in general.. thats why the front end is EBAY built. but thanks for the advice i appriciate it.

what about..... powder blue ?? with white wheels ?

or yellow??
Old 01-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Well, you may be right.. but all the events i go to.. all the cars are just stock colored.. silver,red,grey. ETC. the only cars that usually have bright colors are usually the pros. But idk i kind like the wheels that are on it cuz there soooooo light so its a practical drift wheel. 18's probly would look better for show. but this car isnt gonna stay nice so i dont wanna put much money into making it look great.. mostlikely ill crash a few times and the car will be trashed in general.. thats why the front end is EBAY built. but thanks for the advice i appriciate it.

what about..... powder blue ?? with white wheels ?

or yellow??
I see you're going to actually use it.... I was mistaken you were building a show car, didn't see anything about competing it.

Any of the color schemes will look good on it (except pink or lavendar) so just go with the one you like best. I personally like two-tone paint jobs on 240s, black on top, something bright on bottom. Orange looks good, but with a similar set up your green can look just as snazzy.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Lime green gives me headaches and bad memories of FnF rice bois...

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 01-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
I see you're going to actually use it.... I was mistaken you were building a show car, didn't see anything about competing it.

Any of the color schemes will look good on it (except pink or lavendar) so just go with the one you like best. I personally like two-tone paint jobs on 240s, black on top, something bright on bottom. Orange looks good, but with a similar set up your green can look just as snazzy.

Thats a nice color, and yeah its going to be my strick track car. not even driven to the track itll be towed there everytime i go.

thanks again for the advice. so now im thinking of orange, or green.

ill keep you updated on my deccision on the scheme.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Advance member

Quote:
Thats a nice color, and yeah its going to be my strick track car. not even driven to the track itll be towed there everytime i go.

thanks again for the advice. so now im thinking of orange, or green.

ill keep you updated on my deccision on the scheme.
Do a google search for 240sx, add different keywords like "race" "drag" "drift" and "custom". You can see all kinds of color schemes. Blue and Yellow can also look very very sharp. 350z blue is less "flashy", but completely gorgeous. It also works well with bronze wheels.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Advance member

good luck
Old 01-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Do a google search for 240sx, add different keywords like "race" "drag" "drift" and "custom". You can see all kinds of color schemes. Blue and Yellow can also look very very sharp. 350z blue is less "flashy", but completely gorgeous. It also works well with bronze wheels.
Yeah lemme see what i can find.........................................

hmm, i like what ive found

^ I WANT THAT! makes me wanna buy another 1/10-8 car.

Im not sure if i want to leev the hood black? or just match it..

:EDIT: i love scoters find! thanks
Old 01-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to youngxmodder Send a message via MSN to youngxmodder Send a message via Yahoo to youngxmodder

nice what model? 240sx SE? my uncle has one i want to trade him for it but that green is awesome but good luck. btw whats up with the pic of the hood is the bumper not even?
Old 01-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngxmodder View Post
nice what model? 240sx SE? my uncle has one i want to trade him for it but that green is awesome but good luck. btw whats up with the pic of the hood is the bumper not even?
Well the SE's are a younger model. there the ones with out the flip up lights. Like the koukie front end conversion on the red on in the real car section too. thats like an SE. mines just plan 240sx.

and im hoping the pictures load. when i first got the car and did the front end conversion i couldnt afford the hood right off the bat. so i just left the flip up light hood on there to protect the motor for awhile.

if the pictures load all the way you can see that i got the correct hood for the car.

:EDIT: thought i might add an update, just yesturday i installed a Tenzo R seat.. baught it for 65 bucks!!!!!!!!! they usaually run like 300 per one..

ok so heres the seat-

I still needa take that dam Tack outta there. when i got the car the stock Rpm tack was broke. So i took my uncles tack and his is all screwy. but i decided to put my lucky Ying Yang madalion in the steering wheel cuz ive had it since i was like.... 3.

Last edited by BoostAddicted; 01-30-2009 at 02:34 PM..
Old 01-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to youngxmodder Send a message via MSN to youngxmodder Send a message via Yahoo to youngxmodder

actually the 92 SE coupe comes with flip up lights if we go down to my uncles house i can take some pics of it the only one i have is when it was brand new when he first bought it.

EDIT

when he got the car.

Last edited by youngxmodder; 01-30-2009 at 03:37 PM..
Old 01-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Advance member

If my import knowledge serves me right, which it is usually pretty close, the SE had 5 lug hubs, limited slip rear differential, stiffer suspension and some of the years had hicas. The flip up headlights were in the US until the 94-96 models.