Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 03-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Battery experts please read!

AAARRRRGGGHHH! I just bought some 1800mah AAA nimh rechargeables from ebay. Here is a link http://cgi.ebay.com/8-x-AAA-Recharge...QQcmdZViewItem
anyway I tried charging them in my energizer 15 minute charger (came with 850 mah energizers). I plugged it all in and went to watch a everyone loves raymond rerun and came back after a while and the light was green. So I put them in and I had steering but no forward or reverse. I was like "WTF!" and i double checked and reinserted them...same thing. So, I put in my energizers and it worked fine. So without babbling on to much further...could it be my charger can't handle the higher mah rating on my new batteries? I am really perturbed over this!
Old 03-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to modman54935 Send a message via MSN to modman54935

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe913 View Post
AAARRRRGGGHHH! I just bought some 1800mah AAA nimh rechargeables from ebay. Here is a link http://cgi.ebay.com/8-x-AAA-Recharge...QQcmdZViewItem
anyway I tried charging them in my energizer 15 minute charger (came with 850 mah energizers). I plugged it all in and went to watch a everyone loves raymond rerun and came back after a while and the light was green. So I put them in and I had steering but no forward or reverse. I was like "WTF!" and i double checked and reinserted them...same thing. So, I put in my energizers and it worked fine. So without babbling on to much further...could it be my charger can't handle the higher mah rating on my new batteries? I am really perturbed over this!
i thought 1400 MaH was the highest with aaa wow dood

Last edited by modman54935; 03-21-2007 at 09:27 PM..
Old 03-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

i would say kill them(empty of charge) in something else and recharge and re try or maybe just recharge them because they need more than a couple times before they really hold a charge and perform best.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:36 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe913 View Post
The charger looks for the voltage to peak and then drop off slightly and has nothing to do with the capacity (mah rating) of the battery. Charge them fully and then check the voltage of each individual cell...chances are that one of them is open and throwing off the whole pack (the 4 in series).
Old 04-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Advance member

i had a prob kinda like this one but one of my batterys had a peice of metal tab on the end and it was touching the other battery and i only had steering this prob isnt ur problem tho. I just trimed the battery and it worked fine
Old 04-06-2007, 01:24 AM
Stage 1 member

Send a message via MSN to RC/DRIFTER

im guessing maybe if ther is no light then its done maybe? cuz it will take longer to charge the better batts cuz it has higher Mah
Old 04-06-2007, 02:15 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to WRX Ryder

uhh make sure the batts work first.it is rare that they are defective but it does happen.same for your charger. if it is, just return it and get a new one and if that one doesnt work then i dont know

I called your boyfriend g-ay, and he hit me with his purse!

PROCRASTINATORS UNITE!!!!...tomorrow