Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Modification
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 10-24-2005, 11:23 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Chrisb319's Lancer Evo

A couple of days ago (oct 20th?) I purchased my Lancer Evo. I have raced it around and I have decided to record all my experiences and downfalls here. Also review all the upgrades so people know what their getting into.

Here is my Lancer Evo.
Glamor Shots

^Picture of the Box

^Close up from front.

Review
Don't really see what everyone is complaining about them breaking, this is my first XMOD and it's already been banged up and it does not have one broken part. It's pretty fast can't wait to start putting money into it and racing this thing.

Current Mood About Lancer: Hopefully I won't break anything.

Upgrades
Stage 2 Motor.

^Stage 2 motor, inside all ready do go with 12-23 pinion and 2nd gear inside.
Review: The stage 2 setup is quite amazing, I am kinda turned off by how the wires are a bit longer as to fit onto the truck models kinda makes everything cluttered. Not a big Deal but just something that has ben bugging me.

I cannot go to full rev inside the house or I'll wreck my ride, back on my stage 1 motor you could hear it reving and hitting full throtle but it could be ridden indoors. Stage 2 I could not have it climb to full throtle without it almost crashing into the wall. I'm running on a 12-23 Pinion and 2nd gear assembly giving me a high amount of torque. In order for me to hit full throtle i'm going to have to hit the blacktop.

Stage 2 kit comes with pinion and 2nd gear trinkets and such and 1 30,000 motor. You are allowed to change the pinion and 2nd gears to allow max throtle of max speed depending on what race you are competing in.

Current Mood about Stage 2 setup: Very Satisfied.

Rachargeble Ni-MH Batteries
Review: Rechargeble batterries, Good value, 24.95 comes with a AA/AAA Ni-MH charger, 8 AAA Ni-MH batteries. These will give me an extra boost compared to stadard Alkaline batteris(radioshack brand). Allows you to charge one set and keep another racing so you pretty much have no down time in theory.

Current Mood About Batteries: Rechargeble batteries are a must here, Pleased.

Review:This upgrade set me back 16.95 it was a bit pricy but WELL worth the money. The Suspension can lower or raise you car, you can have it low on the front and high on the back or vise versa. The tuning upgrade are longer cup joints making it so that the wheels don't rub up against the chasis. Now I know my Xmod's wheels are working to their fullest potential. You'll notice the diffrence the minute you run it.

current mood about product above:Feeling pretty damb groovy!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:44 PM
Stage 2 member

id get one.. but its the money issue ya know... im fine with gen1...sweet that you got one though
Old 12-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Advance member

yep, **** is tight.... but i ****ing cant open mine untill christmas, ****it. i bought all the mods and **** but i didnt buy the xmod cause my dad bought it
Old 12-21-2005, 12:16 AM

Mine has the springs and steering, stage 2 and a handmade 6 cell kit. I also installed some soft slicks and chrome rims. Sweet ride.