Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 09-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer
Default 2008 Ninja 250R

Well, my dad saw me looking at videos of the 2008 ninja 250R and he asked what bike it was. So I told him, Then jokingly he said "I should buy one" I said "yea ok" and I told him that they are only $3500 new, and he didn't believe me so I showed him on Kawasaki's site and he is thinking about getting one for me for when I can ride, instead of getting me a Honda CRF150R ($4200) because its cheaper and I could eventually (legally ) drive it. He has a motorcycle liscense and he would drive it a bit, and so would I but it would be mine. Opinions? Anyone ever ride one?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

My bro has...But unfortanantly hes no where around.....Id ask him but...
Old 09-10-2008, 12:30 AM
XMS Moderator

I bought one for my wife and i rode it before.it really depends how tall you are and how much you weigh.If it would be good or not.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintr79 View Post
I bought one for my wife and i rode it before.it really depends how tall you are and how much you weigh.If it would be good or not.
im about 5'6" 110lbs.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:15 AM
XMS Moderator

Then you will like it.I took hers for a ride and it has good power for what it is.I am about 5'11" and over 200 lbs so i look to big for the bike
Old 09-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Banned

yea, If I get it, with the money saved from a dirtbike ill prob get a Two-Brothers Carbon Fiber Slip on ($400) and bigger jets, and possibly better tires.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)

that gives me ideas... you can get 00-05's for only aroung 2000. I'm wondering if I'm too big though. I'm 5'9 and 175 lbs
Old 09-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Xmod Expert

Its a good option for beginning, i started riding on a CBR125RR. Its fun until you run short of power.

But thats when you spring for the 600's...

Plus i dont know how your licensing works down there but with a heavy bike your never gonna pass the skills test here in BC. The low speed maneuvers are impossible with a bike that weighs double what i way... Im lucky though i did it with a stripped down yamaha dirt bike that was really light...
Old 09-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Banned

My friend got his license here for a bike, and for a motorcycle license there is only a written test if you take a saftey course. The 250R is only 333lbs so its pretty light. When I upgrade from a 250, i would just skip to a 1000. I know how to ride, I have been riding most of my life. I would go right to a 600 but they are a little big for me, and they are too much money.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

My buddy just got a KLX 250(kawasaki enduro) and its alright, not so much on power but hey its still good for road and dirt although the enduro tires suck in dirt and sand. I would stick with a dirtbike but thats just me, i dont like abiding the laws so i just rip around with my dirtbike with no limits like speeding or stop signs, intersection and that crap plus the biggest one being in a accident(car hits you on a bike). Im stepping up to a crf450r this year, just some advice, Id say if your getting a dirtbike go to a crf 250R instead of a 150 they've dropped alot in the used market. You can pick up a 05/06 crf 250R for around 3G.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodificationer View Post
My friend got his license here for a bike, and for a motorcycle license there is only a written test if you take a saftey course. The 250R is only 333lbs so its pretty light. When I upgrade from a 250, i would just skip to a 1000. I know how to ride, I have been riding most of my life. I would go right to a 600 but they are a little big for me, and they are too much money.
I was just giving the next option, once you learn there really isnt anymore steps from there its just the question of which bike you actually want.

I dont have a bike right now, but i can always borrow a GSXR1000 from my cousin that moved to cali. Which i have actually been doing since i sold both cars.

Im thinking of a CBR1000RR, first gear 0-120, top speed of above 240...

Its nearly imposible to go that fast though, you get tunnel vision. it happens to me at about 200 KPH. where i wont be able to see anything but the road and ill be weaving between cars frantically.

You wont understand until you get on a bike that fast or ride with someone else, in which case if you duck out from behind their body you basically feel like you were hit by a brick wall.

Oh and just a tip for the girls, most of em dont like those harly's they just dont get it... so for that stick with a sport bike

Oh yeah and Rule #1: never give another guy a ride on the back, thats reserved for girls...

Last edited by meme405; 09-10-2008 at 08:53 PM..
Old 09-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I was just giving the next option, once you learn there really isnt anymore steps from there its just the question of which bike you actually want.

I dont have a bike right now, but i can always borrow a GSXR1000 from my cousin that moved to cali. Which i have actually been doing since i sold both cars.

Im thinking of a CBR1000RR, first gear 0-120, top speed of above 240...

Its nearly imposible to go that fast though, you get tunnel vision. it happens to me at about 200 KPH. where i wont be able to see anything but the road and ill be weaving between cars frantically.

You wont understand until you get on a bike that fast or ride with someone else, in which case if you duck out from behind their body you basically feel like you were hit by a brick wall.

Oh and just a tip for the girls, most of em dont like those harly's they just dont get it... so for that stick with a sport bike

Oh yeah and Rule #1: never give another guy a ride on the back, thats reserved for girls...
240mph or kph?
Old 09-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Xmod Expert

KPH...LOL.

World record 240MPH motorcycle. Still street legal...LOL
Old 09-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
KPH...LOL.

World record 240MPH motorcycle. Still street legal...LOL
I knew it doesn't go 240mph, I wasn't sure if you meant kph if it was MPH I would have to call shens lol.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Stage 2 member

If you're looking for a great 1st bike the 2008 Kawasaki 250R is perfect. My stepdad got one in February and has been driving it the whole summer. The bike has a reported top speed of 180 kph, and he has taken his up to 160 kph. It doesn't even have to be a "starter" bike, why everyone thinks they need a bike that will do over 200 kph is retarded and the majority of them can't even handle those bikes. The bike is surprising quick and due to it's low weight is quite a bit more nimble than the larger, heavier bikes. Personally I'd love to see the 250 market get much bigger here in North America like it was over in Europe. whoever said they look small on the bike is crazy (my stepdad is 6 ft and over 200 lbs), other than the narrower rear tire, the bike isn't a lot different looking than the 600, I'm pretty sure they have very similar dimensions as far as ride height, etc. I can try to get some pics of it the next time I'm at their house, it's the Kawasaki Green one.

Cheers,
M_W
Old 09-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Most_Wanted View Post
If you're looking for a great 1st bike the 2008 Kawasaki 250R is perfect. My stepdad got one in February and has been driving it the whole summer. The bike has a reported top speed of 180 kph, and he has taken his up to 160 kph. It doesn't even have to be a "starter" bike, why everyone thinks they need a bike that will do over 200 kph is retarded and the majority of them can't even handle those bikes. The bike is surprising quick and due to it's low weight is quite a bit more nimble than the larger, heavier bikes. Personally I'd love to see the 250 market get much bigger here in North America like it was over in Europe. whoever said they look small on the bike is crazy (my stepdad is 6 ft and over 200 lbs), other than the narrower rear tire, the bike isn't a lot different looking than the 600, I'm pretty sure they have very similar dimensions as far as ride height, etc. I can try to get some pics of it the next time I'm at their house, it's the Kawasaki Green one.

Cheers,
M_W
Well what i hated about the CBR125RR was the smaller rear tires it made it look like a bycicle with body panels.

Theres nothing better than sitting down at a light and watching some guy in a car beside you look at your bike then when the light turns green ripping away from him so quick that he gets whiplash trying to watch your bike speed away.

I got up to 195KM/h today after school while "toying" with my friend who was driving a turbo charged Audi A4.

I used to love being the guy at my school with the truck (not the only one but still) cause id be involved in all the planning of the trips and event cause i was the one carying all of the stuff around.

But i really dont mind be able to say no i cant give you a ride cause ive only got the ***** seat on the back. Not to mention it'll whip any car anyone will ever bring to my school. I even killed my friends Mercedes E550, thats a V8 with like 400 horses.

Its a given with that much speed ready any instant with no waiting around for turbo lag its obvious a bike will kick most cars.

Rockets in the sky
Bennassi Bros Feat Dhany
Old 09-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well what i hated about the CBR125RR was the smaller rear tires it made it look like a bycicle with body panels.

Theres nothing better than sitting down at a light and watching some guy in a car beside you look at your bike then when the light turns green ripping away from him so quick that he gets whiplash trying to watch your bike speed away.

I got up to 195KM/h today after school while "toying" with my friend who was driving a turbo charged Audi A4.

I used to love being the guy at my school with the truck (not the only one but still) cause id be involved in all the planning of the trips and event cause i was the one carying all of the stuff around.

But i really dont mind be able to say no i cant give you a ride cause ive only got the ***** seat on the back. Not to mention it'll whip any car anyone will ever bring to my school. I even killed my friends Mercedes E550, thats a V8 with like 400 horses.

Its a given with that much speed ready any instant with no waiting around for turbo lag its obvious a bike will kick most cars.

Rockets in the sky
Bennassi Bros Feat Dhany
Lol meme its Bentch seat...
Old 09-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Banned

No one at my school drives a motorcycle. Since I can't drive YET, I'll just drive my grandparents golf cart to school. We live in a city where old people live and there golfcart roads and stuff that go all over the city.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMER H4 View Post
Lol meme its Bentch seat...
No its the ***** seat...jeez

And dude i want to drive a golf cart to school those freakin gas ones that have like 40HP, that can like wheely, those are nutty.

Work It Out
DJ Disciple feat. Dawn Tallman - (Ruff & Tort Meets Dj Disciple Remix)
Old 09-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Banned

Lol sure meme im not going to argue with you,Id like to drive one of those Dodge Ram Golf Cart...