Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 12-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Kraizer793

Trader Rating: (2)
Default Li-Poly Testing and Purchasing

Well, I have a Gen1 car that's had Li-Poly's on it for a while. I got the 1st set and put them on, the car ran, but only for about 4-7 minutes. I took them off, thinking they were defected, and they would get EXTREMELY hot after just that short time of running. I purchased a new pair, yet never strapped them onto the car.

Then I moved. I packaged everything up and headed to the new house. I get there and forget about exmods for a couple months. Just recently I pulled them out again, finding my Old Gen1 Li-Poly supra. I take the batteries out, and install them, they were pre-soldered so I just had to do the zip-ties.

I put it on the charger tonight, however the charger didn't recognize the batteries. I looked closer, and noticed that the red-wire on the battery was opposite the black wire on the charger, and same thing for the red wire, it's something like this:

Quick question, do you know anything about those deans micro plugs?

If so, I have a set of Li-Polies, and a smart charger that charges them. However I think that the batteries have the wires on the dean plug backwards causing them to not charge or run the car.
[code]
Battery side . . . . . . . . . . . Charger side.
--RED--WIRE--l Dean Plug ll Dean Plug l--BLK--WIRE
--BLK--WIRE--l Dean Plug ll Dean Plug l--RED--WIRE

Not the way it should be, unless of course the person who did the wiring got them backwards or something. Either way, I can't run themon the car because they're either dead or mis-soldered. and if they have been not-charged for that long, they're probably dead anyways.

If anyone has any advice, whether I should see if they work, by switching around the wires, or just buying a new set. I lost my soldering iron in the move, so i'd have to buy a new one o fthose aswell.

Thanks for at least reading the big big post
Old 12-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Advance member

well if the car your talking about is the one in the thread you made then those are lithium ions not lipos. and are you sure the charger isn't the one that's backwards and that's why the first set died? just a guess . i would try re soldering what ever is messed up and then if it still doesn't work i would buy actual lipos if you have li-ons right now.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Kraizer793

How can you tell the difference between Li-Pos and Li-Ions? I'm prety sure it's something obvious, however I haven't been here in a while and, well yeah
Old 12-04-2009, 11:21 AM
OG xmodder

Trader Rating: (1)

my guess here is that they mite be dead because u havent charged them in a while. im pretty sure that with lithiums if each cell drops below 3v then they are done. i would try to test their charge and for the wiring... are they connecting positive to positive because they may have just put the wrong color wire on
Old 12-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Advance member

^^+1 check to make sure the battery is - to+ and not + to +. and you can tell the difference between lipo and lith-ion on xmods because lipos are the flat packs like this
http://www.atomicmods.com/ZoomImage....roductID=10398
and lithium ion is the circular cells that look like blue AA's or AAA's. like this
http://www.atomicmods.com/ZoomImage....roductID=11015