Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic > Gamers Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2008, 02:58 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)
Default Body mounting

Ok i started a thread earlier about a project ''SUPERSTALLION'' yeah thats going to be delayed,So i was jus thinking i could use the body that comes with the kit.My only problem is i dont know how to mount a body,or how to make a clip.

So i was wondering all of those that have custom xmods can u please leave hints,tips,or even tricks on how to do this.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:20 AM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

usaully people have to find out for there selves, because all bodies are different.

I will say this, dont modify a part, unless your willing to replace it. Like if you have to cut a hole into the rear suspension sway bar, then be aware that it may break ,and you will need to replace it.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:22 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

This is kinda in the wrong section... Im assuming you mean a model body, but the rest of what you are saying doesnt seem to make much sense. Are you asking how to mount a model body onto an xmod chassis and how to build the front and rear clips?

Mounting model bodies is different for each body type. You just have to get creative. With the mustang, I would suggest adding a piece of plastic to the front clip of the chassis and building some sort of receiver into the front bumper. Then for the rear, what I usually do is get a big piece of flat plastic, cut it into little squares and add the squares one by one to the rear clip until i get the body sitting right where I want it and then I glue it all together.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:14 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

Yeah sorry i didnt know i was in off topic,and im talking about a 99 svt cobra body and front and back clips.