Go Back   XmodSource.com > Mini & Micro > Mini & Micro Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner
Default project: zombie sky

well got this iwaver body that when i bought i was told it was a mint kyosho body, well it wasnt... its a crappy iwaver. im going to do a quick project with this to give some life into this dead skyline

here's the progress,
when i first got it

thoose stripes were a PITA, the owner put them on after spraying the color coat, the put 1 coat of clear on them, and they used electrical tape so the did not fit any flush with the paint, not even a little.

next, took off the stripes, and wing that wasnt removeable,

not much to say, but the stripes took off some of the black paint

next the windows,

as you can kind of see in the first pic, theres a huge glob od super glue holding them in, so i had to cut around the glue to get them out

and how it sits now,

sanding down the paint, not sure what the guy used but its hard, real hard..

going to need to find some badges, but thats long ways away

Q & C's welcome

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 09-06-2010, 07:49 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

looks like a good start winner...dont get discouraged i am sure it will look sick when its done...project zombie?...so post apocalyptic feel? or because you are resurrecting a "dead" body?

Team X.I.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:14 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydfanYodaman View Post
looks like a good start winner...dont get discouraged i am sure it will look sick when its done...project zombie?...so post apocalyptic feel? or because you are resurrecting a "dead" body?
thanks floyd lol this tim around im not so sure if its going to turn out sick, all my other projects are waiting for me to order tamiya paint, but this one needs to go by fast so im probably going to pick up some duplicolor or something fast and hard so i dont feel really bad when i ram it into walls learning to drift MA-010 and thats pretty much where the name came from came from.

but for color im not sure if i want a pearl-ish white or light metellic grey/blue, i can get both at autozone for about $3

Old 09-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Du Ma Mai

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Songha

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
thanks floyd lol this tim around im not so sure if its going to turn out sick, all my other projects are waiting for me to order tamiya paint, but this one needs to go by fast so im probably going to pick up some duplicolor or something fast and hard so i dont feel really bad when i ram it into walls learning to drift MA-010 and thats pretty much where the name came from came from.

but for color im not sure if i want a pearl-ish white or light metellic grey/blue, i can get both at autozone for about $3
I'd go for Krylon's. Same price range and some a nice variety of dull colors.
Good to see that poor Skyline getting good attention man, hope this comes out good. As for Tamiya paints, I gotta grab me a bottle of clearcoat! Gotta love Tamiya products.

My red Skylines body is of Krylon's Banner Red, and I think it's pretty darn cured. I can't scratch anymore. I wouldn't take her to the wall for a test though. LOL.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songha View Post
I'd go for Krylon's. Same price range and some a nice variety of dull colors.
Good to see that poor Skyline getting good attention man, hope this comes out good. As for Tamiya paints, I gotta grab me a bottle of clearcoat! Gotta love Tamiya products.

My red Skylines body is of Krylon's Banner Red, and I think it's pretty darn cured. I can't scratch anymore. I wouldn't take her to the wall for a test though. LOL.
meh, im not really into dull colors, hides too much detail and flaws and i'll use dupli-color because its a bit higher quality then krylon, not tamiya good but not really bad. but thanks i was hopeing i'd be able to use it some before i re-did it but the first time i saw it after taking it out of the box my ocd went insane

~update~
well, after going cross eyed from detail sanding i figured it was time to take a break from sanding and do some more sanding. sadly the iwaver windows just dont finish nearly as nice as the kyosho ones
iwaver windows:

kyosho windows:

and finnaly decided on a look

clean. simple. awesome

Old 09-07-2010, 11:11 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

thats a GREAT look...hope you can make it happen how you want

Team X.I.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:38 AM
German Modder

Trader Rating: (3)

Good luck with it!
Old 10-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydfanYodaman View Post
thats a GREAT look...hope you can make it happen how you want
thanks, lol so do i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDragons View Post
Good luck with it!
thanks!

~update~

finnaly got all that thick nasty paint off and its primered

the primier went on thick and covered some minor detail up, but nothing some picking wont bring back. i also picked up base and clear bothe duplicolor so hopefully it will turn out ok.

questions, comments, all accepted

Old 10-11-2010, 08:38 PM

Trader Rating: (0)

Not much on imports myself but i like the skylines duel tail lights..
Looks a lot better now then it did when you got it.
04' mustang cobra
Old 10-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Not a bad idea for the first paint job by that dude too bad it was crappy, but should look great when your done with it.

TEAM XI
Old 10-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen07 View Post
Not much on imports myself but i like the skylines duel tail lights..
Looks a lot better now then it did when you got it.
lol im not the biggest JDM fan on earth but i do love the aggressive stance of the skylines, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananabrain View Post
Not a bad idea for the first paint job by that dude too bad it was crappy, but should look great when your done with it.
lol ehh, the first paint job was not a bad idea, just bad choice in colors, lol i'd rather not have a car that looks like it just got in a fight and got beat very badly. thanks, i hope it does lol

something came on the mail? but what???

what could it possibly be???

future project. this one is a knhkgkhfgukgvhjgyosho R34 this time lol i already have a plan for it so feel free to guess it, if i already told you keep your mouth shut!

btw i spelled kyosho "knhkgkhfgukgvhjgyosho" to get on Dr.K's nerves

Last edited by winner; 10-12-2010 at 04:18 PM..
Old 10-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Duplicolor doesn't require a primer base coat nor' does it require a clear coat... I used it on my Camry to touch up minor spots that I messed up when I was doing body-work and painting some items or getting engine oil/grease on the fenders from resting my forearms on the fenders...

Really good paint, should look good and it'll be a whole lot faster on the painting process than Tamiya because it pretty much dries instantly.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

soooo buddy wanna keep going on this project? i was kinda liking how it was coming along
Old 10-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post
Duplicolor doesn't require a primer base coat nor' does it require a clear coat... I used it on my Camry to touch up minor spots that I messed up when I was doing body-work and painting some items or getting engine oil/grease on the fenders from resting my forearms on the fenders...

Really good paint, should look good and it'll be a whole lot faster on the painting process than Tamiya because it pretty much dries instantly.
lol i like useing primier, it helps me get an idea of the shape of the body, any low spots, tiny cracks, etc. but compared to tamiya or even testors its not that great, its made for wide big areas so its too think and tries to steal detail so you have to work hard to keep detail, but tamiya and testors are both thin so for things like this they are the better paint. but this stuff sure is a hard finish

Quote:
Originally Posted by okoye View Post
soooo buddy wanna keep going on this project? i was kinda liking how it was coming along
lol im trying marching season is almost over so i wont have after school practice so hopefully more time, but it would be really nice if you could find that front clip

update!

this project needs the strongest of the strongest! like the mighty knights from erm umm..... when/wherever knights were mighty? regular putty just wont do! its needs to be fast and made to last! it needs to have the muscle to support over 350lbs! this ones for you Billy!

I NEED MIGHTY PUTTY!

lol i went to the new hobby store to see if they had any model putty, and i told the guy what i was liiking for and he went to the back and walked out with mighty putty, and 3 sticks for $9 didnt seem like too bad of a deal so i bought it, im still not sure how it will work.

but i really need help on finding a design for a lower front lip so if you have any ideas please help