Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Nitro
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2010, 09:35 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid
Default Stampedekid's Hot Bodies D8

Posted this on another forum when I got it yesterday, forgot to post it here. I'm getting a pipe and manifold, and air filters from a friend on that forum, and another guy is donating a Starter box that he doesn't need when I go up into the local area to stay with another member from that forum and his family in 12 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampedekid View Post
Got this in a trade for my MERV from hurricaneexp. I need money for a starter box and it needs fuel lines, before I can run it so now we play the waiting game for money LOL Anywho onto the pictures. He didn't include any body clips but every RC'er has a bunch of them laying around in boxes, bins or parts bags right? The pipe must have fallen off during moving it but I popped it back on no problem, kinda forgot to get body off shots but I'll snap some better pics later when I get fuel line

This buggy is many first's for me.
First 1/8 scale
First big block engine powered RC
First 1/8 Buggy
First RC with 17mm hubs
I'm so used to a 1/16 scale wing, this one seemed huge LOL
Lets see who can spot the 18T truggy in the background!
Enjoy the pics also.

Quote:
By request of Krawlin...

Its missing the thing on the exhaust though..any ideas?
Once I get BL for the 18T and money(b-day is in 10 days) I'll hopefully get a nicer pipe for this. The one my friend from the forum is sending me was from his Hyper 7. Enjoy!
From what I've been told by another member who goes through sponsors like nothing , currently sponosored by O'Donnel, Hobbico and Futaba told me is that it's got a Kyosho Wing, Kyosho Universals Front and Rear, and Kyosho Wheel hubs, and that the current pipe is garbage(which it is)
http://www.jpracing.com/en/products/...es/fx21b5n.php
and this would be the engine, its a Rex P5/Novarossi 367 knock off, it even says Novarossi on the carb, how pathetic? Once the N-Pede sells(got an offer going through), it'll get a nicer pipe. I traded my MERV for this beast. He wasn't the original owner either, he got it from a local who raced and knew what he was doing. Anyway I'll get pics of the shafts later(the member wants a pic so he knows if its upgraded or not) If not its getting Mugen shafts, the D8 ones tend to blow out fast.
Anyway, I'll let you go,
Ian
Old 06-16-2010, 09:48 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

its not really 1/8th if u know what i mean.. lol its the same size as the slash

but it looks good, is there a reason why there is some noticeable toe in on the rear wheels?

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 06-16-2010, 09:51 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors4 View Post
its not really 1/8th if u know what i mean.. lol its the same size as the slash

but it looks good, is there a reason why there is some noticeable toe in on the rear wheels?
Its how the arms were. No adjustable toe surprisingly enough.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:40 PM
is here

I think it's time I update this thread what do you think?

Quote:
Figured it's time to update this. Got the starter box from Rob(ROBO5) two weeks ago(Thanks Rob!), got home from Canada this past friday. Anyway, re-did the body pulls as like Bar said, they weren't done correctly and the fuel line and top zip tie slipped off when I pulled them. Also in a visit to the LHS yesterday brought in the starter box for them to wire it to Tamiya connectors instead of off a car battery like how it was when Rob owned it. Also grabbed a Pro-Line air filter but forgot to get filter oil d'oh. Also grabbed a 17mm wrench as I didn't have one of those. Put in my Spektrum SR300 RX and tried the Spektrum 4AA cell holder just to make sure every thing worked, it did. Now just needs filter oil, RX pack and some nice time to run it. Trying to see if the local track does nitros or not(indoor, but a nice track)

Didn't have any antenna caps, so used some fuel line. Works like a charm! :thumbsup

Even though this pipe is temporary, why not polish it, it should alteast look somewhat good! The zip tie is there to hold the pipe in place from moving around. Unfortunately it didn't have one of those rods included with the buggy to hold the pipe in place..

Hopefully I'll be able to run it on thursday if not when I get back from the camper. I'm waiting to hear how it sounds!

Ian