Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 07-07-2010, 03:30 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

It's alright. Quite entertaining, in fact. But yeah, let's at least get a wee bit closer to the topic now.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Lmfao, Streetr101, I was just having a little fun.

Blade, relax(e) a little, bro, and please remove the rules form your post, it's quite obnoxious.

edit-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetr101 View Post
4. Sorry if I offended your sexuallity
Not me, bro. I have a wonderful girl that I love very much. I was saying that on behalf of a few other members here.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:11 PM
MSI <3

Yeah, a link would have sufficed.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

Just thought I'd throw it in here again but neon isn't illegal. In my state I think blue and red is illegal. Red lights on the front of your vehicle are illegal... (I got pulled over for it, when I had orange lights that looked red)

I have cold cathodes under my dash and rear seats. They are pretty cool IMO, and light up the floor which is nice to have a night time.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:38 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999 View Post
Yes, I was leaning toward silver, but I thought black might look fine. I'll try to learn Photoshop so I can try some of this out.

Also, neon isn't illegal. If it was, Autozone wouldn't be allowed to hang it up in their stores for sale. :P But either way, I would NEVER do any of that stuff you mentioned. Maybe some small carbon fiber accents though, like little bits in the interior, just because it's a cool looking material.
And "stickers" is a bit vague. I'm not 100% sure what you're saying, but if you mean no stickers whatsoever, that's not happening. I'm definitely putting the Apple stickers that came with my iPod in the rear quarter windows, just because I have nothing else to do with them, and I'll get a Weighted Companion Cube decal, an Aperture Laboratories "parking permit", and a couple small band logo decals from Hot Topic in the rear window. But on the actual body of the car, it's highly unlikely. Only a bumper sticker or two, MAYBE, but most likely not.

And no window tint. In my opinion it does nothing to add to the car and just looks weird. And I dunno what all I could do with the SVT Focus, as it's based on the ZX3 (Hatchback). I will raid some ZTS parts though for sure.

EDIT: LOL, INM.
If you look on the box of most upgraded parts, especially the APC stuff at Advance, it states "for off road use only". That is a warning to you that it may be illegal. That is how stores are able to sale "questionable" parts as they are intended for off road/show use only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotmikal View Post
Again, it's NOT illegal to have and run neons in ALL states. I'm not sure where Firebird is from, but I know in NC, neons are perfectly legal to run, as long as they aren't... blue, I believe.
Blue, red and white are all illegal to run here. I got a ticket a few years ago for having red neons, which thankfully, I was able to get out of. The state trooper claimed that they were illegal because my "vision was impaired" and not because I was "impersonating an emergency vehicle" as why the mentioned colors are deemed illegal in this state from what I have been told; I would imagine that I could have got a ticket if I had some random color such as green in this case. You are supposed to be able to run any color except for the mentioned ones without getting in trouble, but I am hearing more and more cases of people getting pulled and ticketed for having "legal" colors these days. However, in any case, I believe it has more to do about what mood the officer is in at the time...
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 07-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Neon is illegal in many states that don't allow for any extra lighting that's not the standard colors: White/Amber for forward facing lights, and red/amber for rear-facing lights. Neon lights considered illegal by any state that has these laws, and a lot do. If you have a drivers license, you should know this basic law from driver's ed.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 07-07-2010 at 08:23 PM..
Old 07-07-2010, 10:02 PM
MSI <3

Yeah. Except here, the laws about lighting are very loose. I've seen yellow, pink, purple, and even green headlights. I also once saw someone who custom dyed his tail light lenses in a red/green checkerboard pattern, but the green was darker so it didn't blend.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

I guarantee that's illegal. Blue, green, purple, yellow and pink headlights are all illegal.

Whether it is enforced or not may be a different story.

You also got to consider what ever you do to your vehicle that *may* be illegal, but yet you think it's fine because you haven't gotten in trouble in your city... well just wait till you take it out of town. The law doesn't differ much, but how it is enforced can be.

When that officer pulls you over, he is going to try and catch every little thing you have that just might be illegal. Not only have I've heard this from many others, but I have experienced it.

Just giving you a heads up. Keep your headlights white. If you go HID, don't go past 6000k.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Elite member

In addition to the stuff about legality.

Here in VA, it is illegal to tint your windows darker than the factory tint, on ANY windows. Even the back ones.
HOWEVER. They only enforce it on front windows and windshield.

But if you get a ****ed off cop pull you over, and you have tint on your back windows, you're done.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
In addition to the stuff about legality.

Here in VA, it is illegal to tint your windows darker than the factory tint, on ANY windows. Even the back ones.
HOWEVER. They only enforce it on front windows and windshield.

But if you get a ****ed off cop pull you over, and you have tint on your back windows, you're done.
Where in VA are you from? I"m also from VA.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action B View Post
Where in VA are you from? I"m also from VA.
Pretty sure we've had this conversation before.
Richmond area.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Pretty sure we've had this conversation before.
Richmond area.
I suppose memory is not my strong point.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:08 AM
MSI <3

Ah. Well, the cops here are nice I suppose. They're all out chasing some orange Charger around the state apparently. It keeps going off ramps and stuff.

Anyway, I've already made it clear I don't want any unnatural lighting or tints, so can we move past that now?
Old 07-09-2010, 01:53 AM
MSI <3

Been over 24 hours, so I'm bumping or whatever with info.

I was just talking with a friend, who is the proud owner of this beautiful car:

Sits like this as of now, in case you care to see more of it, and if it's still not enough, just let me know. He's got plenty more pictures.

DON'T ask about the Camaro though. He has no public pics of it and I don't want to bug him for them.

Anyway, he and I both agree on one big thing: The lower, the better. I want my car down like his, minus the insane camber, offset, and stretch, so obviously I'll need coilovers and whatnot, and of course some rims to match. Looking at my 16" SE rims, I think anything from 17-19" will look good, , and maybe rather than 6.5" wide I'll go somewhere around 7-7.5". I was looking through a SuperStreet magazine today at Barnes and Noble, and after laughing my butt off at some guy who answered his phone and simply said "The worst coin? That's pennies." and hung up, I finally made the connection that as crazy and tacky as it may sound and be, I want pink rims! Pink six spokes with a white lip would be the BEST! I found some I liked in a Konig ad, but they were 4x100 instead of 4x108. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, but I guess I should ask
1) Do you know of anything like what I want?
And 2) What's the best tuner magazine that isn't JDM exclusive? :P I want to see Foci in there...
Old 07-09-2010, 02:10 AM
DONE!!!!

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to blue504life

if your still talking about getting a focus pass on the ZX4 and save a little more and go with the SVT or if you can find a Saleen N2O (focus) thats even better

(heres a pic of my SVT)

im not goin to lie, its a focus. people will question why its special, but they take a ride and never question it again

Did you know, that brawndo's got what plants crave?

Last edited by blue504life; 07-09-2010 at 02:14 AM..
Old 07-09-2010, 02:16 AM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

Modified Mag is probably the least JDM exclusive...but Tuner mags are a terrible place to get ideas from. I have yet to pick up a recent tuner magazine that wasn't full of cars with stickers, bodykits, huge wings, more gauges than you can keep track of, and 300 lbs of speaker fat to go along with all their carbon fiber weight reductions...The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to spend a few hours on cardomain.com and see what everybody else has done, or find a Focus forum.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:23 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

A hellaflush focus...?

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 07-09-2010, 12:06 PM
MSI <3

Probably not, Texan, but I do suppose the wheels would be about level with the fenders with the width I want, so I guess we'd have to see how it rests when dropped. If it does turn out looking Hellaflush, that's purely coincidental.

And I completely agree, SS. Although I'm more interested in the ads than the cars most of the time. Obviously there will occasionally be a car I choose to read about, but most of the time it's fun just seeing the individual parts and prices and imagining if I had them, then changing my mind on a later page and so on. And I did join a Focus Forum, but they seem to have lost interest in practically everything recently. It's like one new thread a day along the lines of "How do you get dog vomit off the sofa?" Also, most of them just suck anyway. They have a Ride of the Month, and the most recent one has racing stripes and spinners. D:
Old 07-10-2010, 12:23 AM
All 6's and 7's

Send a message via MSN to bondo

i've got a decent background with them and i have to admit that that is the ugliest Zed i have EVER seen!!
WTF you wanna bodydrop a '70's zed on stock wheels and add fairlady parts on a non-fairlady?
WTF is tha? a civic wing?

YAY a body drop on 13" wheels....

dood,i was backing you in this thread until you posted that horrendous zed as
"this beautiful car".
stock wheels werent too bad but the other shot is hideous,the headlight bubbles dont match at all.

i can only guess but i'd imagine that after all that (IMO) wasted cash, he still has the webbers on it too....

Last edited by bondo; 07-10-2010 at 01:00 AM..
Old 07-10-2010, 02:14 AM
MSI <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
i've got a decent background with them and i have to admit that that is the ugliest Zed i have EVER seen!!
WTF you wanna bodydrop a '70's zed on stock wheels and add fairlady parts on a non-fairlady?
WTF is tha? a civic wing?

YAY a body drop on 13" wheels....

dood,i was backing you in this thread until you posted that horrendous zed as
"this beautiful car".
stock wheels werent too bad but the other shot is hideous,the headlight bubbles dont match at all.

i can only guess but i'd imagine that after all that (IMO) wasted cash, he still has the webbers on it too....
There aren't stock wheels in either pic...
No. That's a hatch from a 280ZXR
http://www.cargurus.com/images/2009/...pic-49312.jpeg
That he got for free from a neighbor.
The Fairlady bits are because it came like that. The previous owner also had some 90s Pontiac mesh rims on it. D:

I'm not really sure what you're referring to with "stock wheels werent too bad but the other shot is hideous,the headlight bubbles dont match at all."
I can only assume you can tell by the offset that the second picture is not the "stock wheels" one, but you can't see the headlights at all in that one.

And no, the webbers were about the first thing he swapped out.

I just want to know why you went off on his car but don't mind a Focus sedan being dropped on pink and white rims. If anything I'll admit my taste is farther off from anyone's.

Last edited by firebird999; 07-10-2010 at 02:15 AM.. Reason: Picture was bigger than I thought.