Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > General 1/10 scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)
Default Been a while..

Thought I would update you guys on the new additions, and try to get some new stuff on here.. looks like this place is getting slower. I check in often and seems like the same old stuff is always at the top.

I traded off my Emaxx's today, got a couple new rigs.

Got a Venom Creeper Crawler, and a Losi XXXT.

The Losi XXXT has a Sidewinder 5700 BL system, a graphite chassis, steel cvd's, rpm front bumper, a 3 channel RX/TX that seems to work nice, and two bodies. The Venom, I'm honestly not sure. This is my first venture into the crawler world, the guy said it's not stock but I'll honestly say I have no idea what it has on it.

I do like the fact that each diff has a switch you can slide to lock the diffs, or open them up. This thing is a beast, and I think I'm going to have some fun with it. The Losi, it's wheelie happy and pretty quick. I've got to figure out the controller and get the steering trim lined out badly though, something is way off on it. But for the quick runs I gave them, should be fun for now.. hopefully I don't get bored to quick and want to trade them for something else.

Edit: Oh yeah, got atleast one thing planned for the crawler already. Looks like this thing will be cake work to get it to have 4 wheel steering, the mount is there as well as the knuckles.. just need to get some pieces, change a few things out and have to find the electronics to handle it.. if anyone might know of something that would be good for this, let me know.. I've been out of the game for some time now.

I also plan to get new bodies for both, the ones that were included are in sad shape, poorly painted.. just look really bad.

Last edited by ling427ttvette; 10-30-2011 at 11:37 PM..
Old 10-31-2011, 11:09 AM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (1)

for rear steer you can use a y harness adapter and plug them both into the rx

i also have a venom creeper now but i mounted the axles and trans into a scx-10 frame rails to build a scaler
370z-stock
Old 10-31-2011, 08:25 PM
Elite member

That would work, but then it would be 4ws all the time. I'd like to be able switch it on and off from the controller. But for the time being a y harness would do the trick.. need to start looking around for some parts. Shouldn't take much at all.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Stage 2 member

no it is pretty nice they have that setup like that

if you want it to be seperate you are going to need a 3 channel radio with a 3 position 3rd channel or a 4 channel like the futaba 4pk or 4pl
370z-stock
Old 11-04-2011, 12:35 PM
micro-creationist

Sounds like the slipper on your Losi is too tight. You want to get even grip from both wheels without wheelies to maintain steering control.

You should also be sure to maintain cool temps with your Mamba 5700kv...160 degree maximum or you'll fry the coils.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysir03 View Post
Sounds like the slipper on your Losi is too tight. You want to get even grip from both wheels without wheelies to maintain steering control.

You should also be sure to maintain cool temps with your Mamba 5700kv...160 degree maximum or you'll fry the coils.

It's got a lightened graphite chassis, with most of the weight in the back.. that's probably part of it's wheelie problem. The steering issue definitely isn't just from the power, it does it when I'm not on the throttle. It's just alignment issues, haven't looked much into it yet, been messing with the crawler.

Once I get the steering issue figured out, I'll definitely have to play with the slipper clutch though to make sure it is set right. I think right now I'm just more interested in the crawler since I've never had one before, I've had plenty of go fast ones in the past. Still miss the hell out of my 2wd Slash with a Mamba 5700 and my brushless Mini Revo that I had.