Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 09:05 PM
SPR

Default My Suzuki 250R Quadracer

Only posting this now because i know normally it takes for ever to get these threads approved. So figure by the time i get back and have an update. i can post it

So just incase this gets posted before i get home.. i made the deal with the guy. $300 bucks plus my broken lap top. and i get teh quad.

my buddy is on his way to pick me up right now. and then we are going to make the 2 hour drive to pick it up!

pictures later tonight, But this is a teaser shot of what it looks like brand new... (mine isnt new)

Old 01-16-2009, 09:18 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
Only posting this now because i know normally it takes for ever to get these threads approved. So figure by the time i get back and have an update. i can post it
No it didn't. It only took about ten minutes this time.

Be sure to post good pictures when you have it.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 01-17-2009, 04:12 AM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
No it didn't. It only took about ten minutes this time.

Be sure to post good pictures when you have it.
Thanks donzii! Make me look like an idiot

Boy oh boy did i have an interesting Night.

Started out with getting a flat tire 20 miles into our 100 mile drive. Greaaatt.
Next We get most the way there, and then get rear ended in rush hour traffic! bad enough his pickup got towed away. So then i was like F*(# ME!
My buddys dad brought us a car. but how the hell is a car going to get my quad home. Luckily i have a buddy that lives in canby which is only like 15 minutes from where i was picking the bike up. So i asked him to bring down his little yota and pick it up for me, and bring it to his house untill i could get it home. So we get to the guys house. Bike looks great im very impressed with it. Its in way better shape than he said it was. So finally made the deal. Loaded the bike up in my buddys truck, and the parts up in the car.

Then we needed a stress reliever. So we went to a party that was going on for about an hour. Played a round of beer pong and then finally took off for home. (kids dont drink and drive)
So anyways then we get lost in oregon city for like 45 minutes first trying to find a gas station, and then realising we lost track of where we went looking for that gas station lol. Finally got back to 205 and headed home, everything was smoooth sailing from there.

I forgot to bring my camera. So i dont have pictures of the quad yet. But i got pictures of most of the motor, most of the motor parts, the paddle tires, and the title!!
(oh yeah i found my camera cable!! i can upload pictures again!)

Hopefully ill have the bike home with in the next week.

So Since i will be doing a complete restoration on this bike. Any ideas for color schemes? Im not sure i want to do the standard yellow and blue... Give me some opinions!!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:46 AM
The One And Only

Trader Rating: (0)

Niice.. keep it as standard as possible (Y)
Old 01-17-2009, 04:50 AM
SPR

standard... whats the fun in that!!
Old 01-17-2009, 05:00 AM
The One And Only

Well i mean like the standard colours and panals. Do a bit to teh engine :d
Old 01-17-2009, 05:28 AM
SPR

Im going to rhino line all the panels, so those will not be standard, the motor will have to stay stock for a while. im too broke to beef it up.

But i dont like the yellow/blue combo. It needs to be changed.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:29 AM
XMS moderator

Send a message via MSN to tayyab

getting into the quad game? man those things are fun, I have had a VERY bad experience with them. almost got myself killed...Anyway, is it manual or auto?

Later T.I.M
Old 01-17-2009, 03:05 PM
SPR

getting back into it. greendays videos made me miss the old banshee. and ive always wanted one of these, always had soft spot for them. When i found one on craigs and got a deal i couldnt refuse. Well i just had to pick it up!

its manual.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to greenday Send a message via Yahoo to greenday

wtf? I thought you were getting a Blaster, not an R! Oh well, must have misread somewhere. DON'T Overdo it in the engine should you decide to re-build. Thats my advice.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:14 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday View Post
wtf? I thought you were getting a Blaster, not an R! Oh well, must have misread somewhere. DON'T Overdo it in the engine should you decide to re-build. Thats my advice.
i was looking at that blaster for 800. but then i found this... and for 300 bucks i couldnt resist! besides the 250R is faster and cooler

Im not going to do anything to the motor for a long time. when i do, it will be just minor stuff. Im not going to dump 4 grand of motor into a $300 dollar bike.

But im going to start some motor building tonight, ill get pictures up later
Old 01-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Advance member

looks like someone hit the jackpot! =]
Old 01-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to youngxmodder Send a message via MSN to youngxmodder Send a message via Yahoo to youngxmodder

so lucky you got a quad all the quads around where i live are broken or to expensive except some im looking at

http://siouxcity.craigslist.org/mcy/996378203.html

http://siouxcity.craigslist.org/rvs/987106638.html

or maybe even this even though it doesn't run maybe i can fix it up.

http://siouxcity.craigslist.org/rvs/981243487.html

and maybe if i had money the green one.

http://siouxcity.craigslist.org/rvs/977972250.html

but awesome everything i usually get stolen like my dirtbike. i hope to see this thing tearing it up around Oregon. how about silver with a very light blue flames running down the plastics.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:56 PM
SPR

that second one u posted is the same bike i got, just in FAR worse shape. and its a 250.. not a 230.. that guy is an idiot. Id be trying to snag that if you can.

I hope to have it finished by this summer and hit sandlake!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to youngxmodder Send a message via MSN to youngxmodder Send a message via Yahoo to youngxmodder

yea i might contact him later on it he said his kids ride auto i have an auto one i want to kinda get rid of and i might ask him for a trade this one i have is in bad condition but ride able. but if he says no i might have to start getting rid of some of my xmods(which im not to crazed about.)
Old 01-17-2009, 08:29 PM
SPR

his isnt exactly in "good" condition either, Id atleast hit him up about it. Even if you have to throw 100 bucks with it, Your prob still not getting a bad deal.

im seriously contiplating selling my xmods right now.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:26 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
that second one u posted is the same bike i got, just in FAR worse shape. and its a 250.. not a 230.. that guy is an idiot. Id be trying to snag that if you can.

I hope to have it finished by this summer and hit sandlake!
The second one is definitely a 230, does not appear to be the stock front plastic though. I would stay away from the first one (not a fan of chinese bikes), and 3 wheelers are kind of scary. The 2nd (lt230) is a decent bike, semi auto transmission, not much suspension though.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to greenday Send a message via Yahoo to greenday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX9RBART View Post
The second one is definitely a 230, does not appear to be the stock front plastic though. I would stay away from the first one (not a fan of chinese bikes), and 3 wheelers are kind of scary. The 2nd (lt230) is a decent bike, semi auto transmission, not much suspension though.

F that! stay away from the crappy chain-poppin'-off 230s too! Those LTs will screw you over in the worst times. My dad has always told me stories of the chain popping off at the tops of hills, shifting gears, and the aftermath is unpleasant. I would stay away from 3-wheelers, get yourself a nice Yamaha Moto-4 or something, their cheap and dependable, just old and the susp. is almost useless. IDK what else to suggest, I liek Blastys myself, but I'd say it'd be easier to give you a list to avoid than to try.

That R will be mighty nice SPR. I found an '89 Honda CR80R for $600, and I wish the dude would respond, I figured I could take trade and cash, or maybe in a perfect world he'd have a laptop he'd trade me with it. I grew up on bikes, and this one's in great shape for the year, it's liquid cooled, so it's pretty much the same as the newer ones. I love jumping and wheelying bikes!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:55 PM
SPR

To anyone else who rides atv's.

Do your guy's state require a ATV license?

Oregon Just started this year for anyone under the age of 16. By next year it will be for anyone under the age of thirty, and it goes up from there. I had a year. but i went ahead and took my test tonight. Pretty simple since you can do it online. Plus its free. Just took about an hour of my time.

But man never even heard of a atv license untill now lol.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:18 AM
XMS Administrator

No license here, just need a registration sticker to ride on the streets, unless the town has an ordinance against it.
Closed Thread