Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 10-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Du Ma Mai

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Songha
Default What's your best deal on purchasing an Xmods?

Started the same thread a few days ago in XMF, just thought I'd start one here to see different peoples stories of there best deals when purchasing an Xmods. No freebies! Tell us your stories, here mine:
Yesterday (10/21/10), I got myself a stock Gen 1 chassis w/ a Yellow Skyline body for $5, off of Craigslist.

It's a stock gen 1 chassis w/ ball bearings. It's missing battery clips but hey, five bucks! Body came in pretty good shape other than a broken right mirror and a small chip on the passenger door. Check her out:

I stole my Red R34 wheels and put them on this chassis. Last picture shows the chip.

Also, how does an rtr xtruck H2 w/ a couple of upgrades for $10 sound to you guys? I have one being held for me when he's ready to sell. Again, Craigslist.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

lol.... i used to pick up xtrucks with lift kits for $30-$35 on craigslist back when they sold for $75+ on craigslist i did that about 5-6 times. there's money to be made there

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 10-21-2010, 01:30 AM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

I picked up a black Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 sometime last year at a yard sale for one whole dollar. It was missing (if I recall right) the passenger side mirror along with a few scratches here and there along the body. Someone had also painted two of the stock wheels blue and the other two red. It did not come with the carrying case or other starter kit accessories, but it did operate fine with a little cleaning. It was all stock from what i recall with maybe a Stage 2 motor and metal heat sink. I would have been a little happier if it were the yellow version of the body as I already have the black, but I am pleased with the deal none the less!

I would also like to add that you should immediately jump on the Hummer H2 deal as that is one of the best bargains I have seen for one of the XMODS trucks in a while; not to mention that it has upgrades. The question must be asked, why have you hesitated on taking the deal? This should be a no-brainer for any XMOD as long as it works...
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 10-21-2010, 02:08 AM
Du Ma Mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFTKO View Post
I picked up a black Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 sometime last year at a yard sale for one whole dollar. It was missing (if I recall right) the passenger side mirror along with a few scratches here and there along the body. Someone had also painted two of the stock wheels blue and the other two red. It did not come with the carrying case or other starter kit accessories, but it did operate fine with a little cleaning. It was all stock from what i recall with maybe a Stage 2 motor and metal heat sink. I would have been a little happier if it were the yellow version of the body as I already have the black, but I am pleased with the deal none the less!

I would also like to add that you should immediately jump on the Hummer H2 deal as that is one of the best bargains I have seen for one of the XMODS trucks in a while; not to mention that it has upgrades. The question must be asked, why have you hesitated on taking the deal? This should be a no-brainer for any XMOD as long as it works...
$1 has got to be the best deals I've ever seen! Nice man.

No hesitating at all. Haha, I talked to him. He listed it for $20. I said I'll take it off his hands for $10, he said he'll hold it for me to pick up since he'll be outta town for the weekend. So it's mine for the taking and I should have her soon. I was just asking, how do you guys like that deal, I love it!
Old 10-21-2010, 03:30 AM
German RSX-Freak

Trader Rating: (0)

my best deal was a lot of four xmods (2x civic blue, one supra white, on scion). the seller on ebay was new and so he hasnīt any ratings. so I think nobody trust it and I won this auction with startprice for 20 €
Old 10-21-2010, 11:32 AM
OG xmodder

My best deal was for an 05 Mustang from Radioshack. It was sitting on the shelf and i just asked one of the guys if it was for sale. He asked me what i would give for it... walked out with it for $5. It was pretty beat up, lower front bumper was cracked off, only had three wheels, and the body had been stickered all over the place but it ran perfectly and came with the RS underglow. Heres a pic of it right after i brought it home with my STI wheels on it.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Stage 1 member

can somone tell me hte best place to buy an xmod
Old 10-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodsforever View Post
can somone tell me hte best place to buy an xmod
A lot of people are finding their best deals on craigslist anyone local selling them has a ton and usually cheap so first place i'd go is their.

Then Ebay of course always has good deals going on and surprisingly YouTube many users are making videos of their stuff but these kids usually have pretty heavily modified GPM cars. SO you won't get a good of a deal their as you would craigs or ebay, but those are a good 3x i'd check out.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Du Ma Mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2quick2shift View Post
A lot of people are finding their best deals on craigslist anyone local selling them has a ton and usually cheap so first place i'd go is their.

Then Ebay of course always has good deals going on and surprisingly YouTube many users are making videos of their stuff but these kids usually have pretty heavily modified GPM cars. SO you won't get a good of a deal their as you would craigs or ebay, but those are a good 3x i'd check out.
Nail on the head.

I've purchased from each of those. Even YouTube, it was a great transaction too.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Elite member

Well about a year or so ago I bought 5 Gen.1 xmods & a Evo for $30 from some kid who lived near me & it came with a bunch of parts, got a Supra (White), 2 RSX'S (Black & Silver), 2 Skylines (Black & Yellow), & a Firebird. All of it was in decent condition, Actually I would have to Say good Condition. Had enough part to build Three complete Gen. 1 Chassis & I still have extra Electronic boards.

TEAM XI
Old 10-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Elite member

I got my last Xtruck(nissan) brand new with 3 upgrades(nip) for $20 from radioshack.
I also got a Barricade for $15 from RS.
Accept for 2 of my Xmods(H2 and 05 stang), I only buy my Xmods when they are on clearance.

Toyota, Moving Forward. Even if you push the breaks.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerpower View Post
I got my last Xtruck(nissan) brand new with 3 upgrades(nip) for $20 from radioshack.
I also got a Barricade for $15 from RS.
Accept for 2 of my Xmods(H2 and 05 stang), I only buy my Xmods when they are on clearance.
HaHa thats true tooo.. RS is the official source, but I wouldn't have even thought about that.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Stage 2 member

bought a whole bunch of random rc stuff from a guy and when i picked it up he threw in a gen 1 yellow skyline with bodykit and stage 2 motors and 3 sets of rims for free
370z-stock
Old 10-22-2010, 02:01 AM
Seriously?

Trader Rating: (6)

Best deal I've gotten on xmods well the first was when they were fairly new (Gen 1) and I went to the RS and asked if they had any Black Nissan Skylines. So the sales guy went in the back and grabbed one that I guess was returned but it was damaged. I told him I would take it since I was only interested in the body, he sold it to me for 10 bucks, originally they wanted 20 but I talked him down lol

The body was in good condition, looked like the previous owner before returning it just slapped some of the stickers off the sheet which I took off. The chassis needed some cleaning up and the wires had been ripped from the ESC and the battery connections. I took it apart and sold the electronics to someone here on the site who needed one and use the bare chassis for display. Was not a bad deal.

I've also scored 2 sets from people on craigslist who were just looking to sell them since they were no longer into them. CL seems to be the best place to find xmods, after I would say ebay.

Current cars: (in storage, erm 'in the garage')
Acura NSX
Acura RSX (Black)
Evo Lancer VIII

Evo 05' Mustang
Mustang Cobra SVT
Toyota Supra (Silver)

Nissan 350Z
Subaru Impreza STI
Nissan GT-R
Dodge Challenger
Old 10-22-2010, 06:13 AM
Banned

Location: some were mysterious, an outer galaxy, Muscle car planet, Turbo charged town

ok so my best deal was at an estate sale. i picket up an hpi subaru impreza for 2 bucks. Brand new in the box. the guy who sold it to me said it was a cheap rc car.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Du Ma Mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmr555 View Post
ok so my best deal was at an estate sale. i picket up an hpi subaru impreza for 2 bucks. Brand new in the box. the guy who sold it to me said it was a cheap rc car.
* Meowww! * *Cat runs away with my tongue.*
Old 10-27-2010, 06:26 AM
Banned

Location: some were mysterious, an outer galaxy, Muscle car planet, Turbo charged town

ok maybe i can top my last deal. At a yard sale i bought 5 gen 1 chassis, 2 truck chassis, 2 remotes, 3 full gpm gen 1 chassis and White Subaru new in box with a new body kit all for $23
Old 10-27-2010, 10:59 AM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmr555 View Post
ok maybe i can top my last deal. At a yard sale i bought 5 gen 1 chassis, 2 truck chassis, 2 remotes, 3 full gpm gen 1 chassis and White Subaru new in box with a new body kit all for $23
sweet!!! lets see some pics

Team X.I.