Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > Questions / Suggestions / Complaints / Comments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 08-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

lol, i should rent that sometime
Old 08-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

WHAT? HACKER TOOL ON XMW? I better stop going there ASAP. Omg!
Old 08-20-2007, 02:11 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

All I can remember is there was a white supra at the top instead of the blue WRX, but maybe that was after the hack too.
On the topic of micro RC and support for it, whenever I mention MiniZ to hobby shop guys around here, they get an attitude with me like I'm some kind of an idiot. I see some cool tracks on youtube for mini R/C but my theory is that hobby shops don't usually promote mini R/C because there's so much more money in the bigger cars for them. I recently found out about some tracks around here, but they're all dirt. There's also a league that does on road in parking lots, big cars, 1/10.

I think Mini R/C is great, because you don't need as much space to do it, but it can be just as competitive and fun to race.

Anyway, back to the topic, I remember they're being like all the threads on the homepage were the same thread for a while, I guess that was part of the hack, like each one was exactly the same. Pretty lame.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:17 AM
XMS moderator

Send a message via MSN to tayyab

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Ive got nothing, non of my spyware programs on my pc have found anything either, false alarms?

War games is about a kid who accidently hacks the US missle control center on his old pc, and accidently starts a bomb program, thinking its a game on his pc. The Gov't was looking for a master hacker, since it was "impossible" to hack in, when it was jsut a kid with a dial up connection
hacking with a dial up? i have to rent it some time BTW how old is it?
Old 08-20-2007, 09:35 AM
XMS Administrator

Anyhow, I contacted our hosting provider (in which I am not happy with) and this was the reasoning for the downtime:

Quote:
There was some temporary configuration issue on the server.It has been fixed now.
--------------------edit

I apologize I was confused with the discussion, i thought this was about the 'error' the site received. Its a coincidence how this thread started the same day

Last edited by boske; 08-21-2007 at 10:07 AM..
Old 08-21-2007, 10:10 AM
XMS Administrator

The site before was using phpBB, a free forum script (like XMOD world) that has many security issues if not updated...well because its free. I did not update the phpBB and it became vulnerable to attacks and I believe passwords were changed and/or stolen (most likely changed).

In any case I have reversed the site around and things are back to normal, secure, the way they should be...