Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 03-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star
Default Confessions of a Ricer

i confess...besides my 4x4 blazer and my silverado, i too have a ricer streak. i've had this car for roughly 3 years, it's a '96 saturn sc2 couple with a 1.9 DOHC engine and a 5 spd stick. this car's story begins as gas prices were going up, i decided i wanted a car to drive back and forth to work in and this thing got 33 mpg...well, i drove it around for a couple of weeks and it started making a tapping noise, lo and behold, twas a bad main bearing. so we took her apart and found the bad bearing and noticed the crank was scratched. soo...while it was down for repair i ordered a muffler and an intake for it, my dad thought it was funny and suggested we get some nice internals...so we got a lightened flywheel, LuK clutch, clevite77 main and rod bearings, got the crank balanced and polished, and some MSD plug wires. why stop there? went online ordered a drop kit, some finn 107 gunmetal racing rims, clear signals and a sticker kit! yup, a sticker kit. along with all the performance stickers it's got 2 marilyn manson decals on the front bumper and a skull ripping though the hood, not to mention the big ricey red windshield wipers. honestly, i don't think it looks too bad, especially for a saturn. i've had my success in the idiotic streetraces i've participated in and the car's earned itself quite a repuation. anyways, i'll shut up, heres some pics...

i have some black euro headlights coming in the mail for it and in the next couple of months i plan on putting a cold air intake and pacesetter header on it, then it's off to the track to get smoked by the real cars it's so fun to drive though.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:16 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

I actually quite like!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 03-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Awesome member

Trader Rating: (3)

That car really isnt that ricey, it does not have a huge wing or a huge pipe.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Xmod Expert

its got a pipe with a 3" out in the back, i didnt take rear pics because i was too lazy to black out my license plate.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Forum Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

1.) Take all the red stickers off and it will look clean. Reminds me a of a Firebird.

2.) 33mpg? My arse. You better be driving it like an old lady. No, I can't say that either. Grandma's car is a 300whp Volvo with Turbo, so you need need to drive it carefully, slowly, and no pushing the gas peddle too hard. My CRX advertised 40mpg and with all the highway driving (at 75mph) it's hardly getting 30mpg...

3.) Euro lights on a Saturn?!?

4.) Looks pretty cool.

5.) Describe the street races. I've pulled Integras (most of them Rice), but never tried a Saturn. There's crap around here to race. And gas is expensive. lol.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 03-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (2)

That is pretty cool actually.Not as rice as some cars that i have seen

I am in need of a 04 Cobra shell
If you have one please pm me.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:32 PM
All 6's and 7's

Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
5.) Describe the street races. I've pulled Integras (most of them Rice), but never tried a Saturn. There's crap around here to race. And gas is expensive. lol.
and to think,....last month you couldnt even drive a stick.................but now your beating integras with a CRX hatch......

sorry star but it looks like a black and red tow truck to me now.......
Old 03-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
1.) Take all the red stickers off and it will look clean. Reminds me a of a Firebird.

2.) 33mpg? My arse. You better be driving it like an old lady. No, I can't say that either. Grandma's car is a 300whp Volvo with Turbo, so you need need to drive it carefully, slowly, and no pushing the gas peddle too hard. My CRX advertised 40mpg and with all the highway driving (at 75mph) it's hardly getting 30mpg...

3.) Euro lights on a Saturn?!?

4.) Looks pretty cool.

33mpg is not that much of a stetch sweed. Either your bad with the gas pedal, or can't count. Even my dad's Grand Prix GT is nearly capable of 30s, and it's a 4-door sedan with a 3.8L V8.

The ion is based off an Opel I do believe, so yes, European

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 03-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Xmod Expert

races that i can remember:

1) honda prelude , supposedly a 14 sec car, took him off the line, she spun out like a mofo and never caught up, i let off at 115 or so mph

2) F350 powerstroke nondually, he pulled me off the line but i caught up during 2nd and pulled past him in 3rd, a little traffic so i let off at 90ish

3) mitsubishi eclipse...loud fartcan, was revving like he was retarded, light turned green and i jumped him badly, his reaction time sucked, but he fell way behind anyways and couldnt catch up

4) v8 dodge dakota, he had an automatic and launched with a powerbrake, took me off the line but started pulling in second and passed him before i hit third, we both let off around 80 mph b/c of city traffic

5) Honda CRX, riced out to the max, baby blue...big silver spoiler, loud as all hell and was burning lots of oil, i didnt think he wanted to race looking at the cloud of smoke behind him, but we ran, dunno what he had done to the car but it wasnt even a challenge lol...

not hating on CRX's, there's a couple of fast ones around here.

forgot to mention, soon the stickers are coming off and it's getting painted gunmetal like my truck
Old 03-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Forum Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
33mpg is not that much of a stetch sweed. Either your bad with the gas pedal, or can't count. Even my dad's Grand Prix GT is nearly capable of 30s, and it's a 4-door sedan with a 3.8L V8.

The ion is based off an Opel I do believe, so yes, European
Eh. I'm really bad with the pedal. It's not that, it's that if I shifter out of 1st or 2nd above 5000rpm, it kills my gas milage. But I'm up to 45mph at that point...

The car sits around 3000rpm and it kills the gas millage on the high way. Not geared super well, and I drive 80 miles a day on the high way...

Since when is Opel european?
What's funny is, there is never Euro lights on Euro cars in Europe. They have the real JDM (NOT clear) type lights.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Since Opel is made, and sold in Europe. Saturn and Opel share alot of cars, most new Saturns are based off new Opels. And, the Saturn sky is imported as the Opel Sportster GT in europe.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 03-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

i tought we wernt suposed to talk about illeagal stuff like street raceing...Etc............

In other words velcro will work just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodkidd33 View Post
Xmods are a universal language.
SMOKE TIRES NOT DRUGS
Old 03-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

"Excessively speeding to pass the guy next to you"

Happy now?

Old 03-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Forum Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
and to think,....last month you couldnt even drive a stick.................but now your beating integras with a CRX hatch......
Fast learner. And Stick vs Auto?
The car runs good/stronger when it wants to.
Elite member

w/e its the same

speeding raceing either way u can get some inacent family killed

Quote:
SMOKE TIRES NOT DRUGS
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
"Excessively speeding to pass the guy next to you"

Happy now?
i had a $300 ticket for excessive display of horsepower b/c my car spun out in the rain...and when they pulled up the ticket by violation code #, it came up as a dragracing ticket...dragracing in the rain, by myself, at a 4 way stop lol

forgot to mention that this saturn yanked my carport off the front of my house and pulled my 4x4 blazer (broken with a bad clutch) out of my back yard, aside from being a ricer, it's also a towtruck...i knew that towhook had some kind of purpose lmfao...

Last edited by suicide_star; 03-02-2008 at 08:53 PM..
Old 03-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
i had a $300 ticket for excessive display of horsepower b/c my car spun out in the rain...and when they pulled up the ticket by violation code #, it came up as a dragracing ticket...dragracing in the rain, by myself, at a 4 way stop lol

forgot to mention that this saturn yanked my carport off the front of my house and pulled my 4x4 blazer (broken with a bad clutch) out of my back yard, aside from being a ricer, it's also a towtruck...i knew that towhook had some kind of purpose lmfao...
and u just happend to spin out in the rain lol thats a joke

Quote:
SMOKE TIRES NOT DRUGS

Last edited by suicide_star; 03-02-2008 at 09:01 PM..
Old 03-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post

sig'd
Old 03-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Elite member

dang i was goin to do that

Quote:
SMOKE TIRES NOT DRUGS
Old 03-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangdude94 View Post
and u just happend to spin out in the rain lol thats a joke
let me explain the scenario, it was 6 in the morning, nobody was on the roads yet, it was raining hard, and the intersection was on a bridge over a canal and my car was facing up like this / now its a stick with front wheel drive, so it wasnt the best situation, the car never got above 35 mph, and the speed limit was 45 mph, the cop said there was 40ft of rubber on the road that he "measured" but he's full of it beause over here you get charged a certain amount per foot of rubber that you leave, it was raining too hard for him to measure anything. some of the cops around here just dont like us ricers =/