Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 09-24-2006, 03:29 AM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)

well, we own a chevy, ford, and mercury (basically ford) and well my mercury cougar is great, but as soon as it hits 100,000 miles, well, you better hope for the best. b/c after my dad hit 100k in his contour, well it all went down hill. my mercury is at about 95k, but its doing well, im hoping for the best. we used to own a 88 corolla and an 92 tacoma, and well, both those cars lasted atleast 200k b4 we had to sell them b/c my sister was born. my mom has just had soo much trouble with her chevy venture, its amazing. that things airconditioner has broke like 10 times, its blown 3 head gaskets, its not very dependable. i have to say, if your gonna buy a car, seriously go with a toyota, or a honda, you are getting an extreamly dependable car, and not to mention the MPG! so i dont understand why everyones having a cow about this ford, chevy, doge war when these freakin american cars are like driving huge boats, and last for under 100k miles.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:43 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalslik
well, we own a chevy, ford, and mercury (basically ford) and well my mercury cougar is great, but as soon as it hits 100,000 miles, well, you better hope for the best. b/c after my dad hit 100k in his contour, well it all went down hill. my mercury is at about 95k, but its doing well, im hoping for the best. we used to own a 88 corolla and an 92 tacoma, and well, both those cars lasted atleast 200k b4 we had to sell them b/c my sister was born. my mom has just had soo much trouble with her chevy venture, its amazing. that things airconditioner has broke like 10 times, its blown 3 head gaskets, its not very dependable. i have to say, if your gonna buy a car, seriously go with a toyota, or a honda, you are getting an extreamly dependable car, and not to mention the MPG! so i dont understand why everyones having a cow about this ford, chevy, doge war when these freakin american cars are like driving huge boats, and last for under 100k miles.
Your statement about americans cars isnt necesarily true, it also all depends on how you take care of the car.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:14 AM
Advance member

Quote:
the venture van has the 3.4 that is notorious for lower intake problems. I'm sure the lower intake was leaking many miles before the head gasket blew and the low coolant cause a over heat and the head gasket blew. But blowing three time is odd, did the shop have the heads milled? were they checked for cracks? did the water pump leak and do the same thing later? lots of variables and the ac failing ten times sounds to me you guys need to take your cars to a new shop.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:13 PM
Advance member

Send a message via MSN to 5.0saleen

my 88 ford half ton has 380 000 km (236 000 miles), never pulled the motor, never pulled the tranny or anything else actually, just replaced the starter.
-"TBA"- 04 Cobra R Road Race car
C-A-N-A-D-I-A-N-R-A-C-E-R
Old 09-24-2006, 01:18 PM
F-150 k!ller

hot dang man my parents toyota has 445,000 yes that 445,00 miles on it. But its had 2 engines and its about to have to have a trans too. But it really depends on how much you drive it really.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boob_man
the venture van has the 3.4 that is notorious for lower intake problems. I'm sure the lower intake was leaking many miles before the head gasket blew and the low coolant cause a over heat and the head gasket blew. But blowing three time is odd, did the shop have the heads milled? were they checked for cracks? did the water pump leak and do the same thing later? lots of variables and the ac failing ten times sounds to me you guys need to take your cars to a new shop.
my parents take very good care of their cars. my dads contour had no problems untill it hit 100k but the venture only has 45k and its still had all these problems. and yes, your right about the intake leaking. my mom just took it to the shop to get the gasket fixed, and its already reading low coolant level, and the coolant has been filled 2 times since last tuesday when we got it back, from CHEVY themselves! i dont think they even know what the hell they are doing anyway. i have to agree though, older fords and chevys like the early 80's were built right. my friends 82-84 blazer, idk exact year, but it sat for 10 years, not running, and 2 months ago, he changed the alternator and starter and it runs great! i mean, after 10 years of just sitting, it runs like it was running for years. so idk, i think american car manufactures have progressivly gotten worse, but thats my oppinion.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:30 PM
Elite member

i think that american cars hit a low point around 4-5 years ago, but are steadily increasing quality, and are pretty competitive.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-150 k!ller
hot dang man my parents toyota has 445,000 yes that 445,00 miles on it. But its had 2 engines and its about to have to have a trans too. But it really depends on how much you drive it really.
Bull, post pics.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:47 AM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSky909
Bull, post pics.
why cant you belive that? he said its been through 2 engines, and the trans needs replacement. thats not hard to belive at all.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
why cant you belive that? he said its been through 2 engines, and the trans needs replacement. thats not hard to belive at all.
Because its coming from him, I want pics.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:20 PM
F-150 k!ller

ok black heres the pic:

I thought it had like 445 but its like 425 lol. my bad.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to homestar Send a message via Yahoo to homestar

****. go toyota and JDM
Old 09-26-2006, 04:46 PM
F-150 k!ller

hahhahaah aint that the truth lol.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via MSN to RodsRUs Send a message via Yahoo to RodsRUs

Quote:
Bull, post pics.
HAHHAHHAHAHHAHA
OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2300 mAh's power
Body lowered over chassis
-Custom 04 wide body mustang-Work In Progress
http://excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=15437
Old 09-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
ok black heres the pic:

I thought it had like 445 but its like 425 lol. my bad.
Got me, holy ****.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Elite member

i would trade my car b4 it got that many miles, i drive a 74 GMC custom deluxe its been through 5 motors, but i wouldn't trade it for the world i love my truck, but the only reason why i got 5 motors killed i due to the fact that i can't take my foot of the gas, that a reall problem, ill have to work on that!
GO GMC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stage2 drift motor
locked diff
six cell/8 cell/ stretched gen 1 FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!

Im totally baked right now!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:21 PM
F-150 k!ller

Quote:
Got me, holy ****.

hhahahha lol you didnt think so did you? lol
Old 09-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
hhahahha lol you didnt think so did you? lol
Nope I didnt think so, I thought you were leaving? Dont make fake announcements that your leaving and dont, next time Ill be sure your gone. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:02 PM
F-150 k!ller

sorry dude.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:06 AM
Advance member

Send a message via MSN to 5.0saleen

*music plays* WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS, WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS.
-"TBA"- 04 Cobra R Road Race car