Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2010, 01:08 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

You get 30 to 60 days to apply for a new state drivers license, it will vary based on the state.

However when I came over I drove for 2 years on my UK before getting a US one, as long as you aren't getting pulled over all the time it won't be an issue but you will find it hard to purchase a car without one, my Ford dealership are friends of my wifes family so I got in the backdoor when I bought my first car, they just told me to get a copy of my US license to them once I finally got it.

Think long and hard about the place you choose to live as each state is very different in it's political, religious and day to day views on life, tex mentions Austin which is an amazing place and is definitely somewhere I would love to live and experience but the rest of Texas is very different to Austin so you need to keep that in mind when looking for a place to call your new home.

I choose PA because cost of living is cheap and it is where the wife is from it also reminds me of my home town Sutton Coldfield but there is a ton of snow every year that make winter and pain in the butt.

Let me know if you need any help as I've been through the visa and greencard process as well as bought a house and car and all the other little things they make you do.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....