Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)
Default Been gone a while.. got some new full size toys. Pic heavy.

Haven't had real internet for almost 2 years now, moved to Oklahoma, got a new job and was living in the country.. moved to town and now I finally have real internet again.

Got two new (to me) pickups while I've been down here. Lots of pics will be posted, as I have been doing a lot to both of them.

First up:
97 GMC Sierra K1500
6" RCX lift
35" Nitto Mud Grapplers on 18" wheels

Day I brought it home. The black is rhino lining.

Extra lighting.. necessity when you live in the country.

Bullbar and lighting temporarily removed.. I have a full bumper replacement for it but I have had no time to put it on (needs fab work on the brackets)

My favorite pic of it.

Lucky for me the idiot redneck didn't know how to do prep work..

But this is what he covered up...

At this point, I bought a brand new grille and made plans to buy all new headlights and all the other accessories on the front, paint the grille white and install it.. haven't been able to get around to this either but I have some of the parts at least.

Bought new wheels and tires, but am not running them due to off set issues with the factory wheels. So the Grapplers are back on it. Need to get wheels that push the tires out more for the new tires.

First time in the snow while I've owned it.

Scored me some flares for cheap. And this is the most recent pic I have of it.

Now, onto the other new toy.
2004 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 LT 6.0

Day I bought it. Yes it has a topper, and yes it's staying.

Sits just as high as my Sierra with a 6" lift..

My fleet.. excluding my Camaro.

Bought a bumper for it.. pretty rough shape but I scored a deal on it that I couldn't refuse.

After lots of sanding and painting.

Got it mounted, and ordered the bracket kits for my factory fogs and tow hooks to be installed.

I don't really do any wheeling in it, but I do play a little bit.. didn't buy this truck to go mudding in.

Wanted to see how it looked without the topper.. I like it how it looks, but the topper is just WAY to handy.

May not look like much, but that's 7k lbs of trailer and wood on there. Pulled it like a champ for 120 miles.

Got a full front end re-build. Suspension was SHOT.

After TWO months of waiting.. finally got my bracket kits in!

Plans for this one, not much.. new tires. Recon smoked LED cab lights, and a throatier exhaust. Eventually a cold air intake, maybe a tune.. I am REALLY happy with this truck how it is though. May only get 10mpg, but I don't care..
Old 03-04-2014, 11:27 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

Nice trucks! How do you like the Nitto tires on the GMC? They seem to be getting somewhat popular now among truck tires.
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 03-04-2014, 11:35 PM
Elite member

Mine are fairly wore out.. but they have proven to be great in the mud. Snow, wet pavement.. not that great for traction. My stock 350 with 3.42 gears can light up those big 35's, but again.. they are wore out. I always hear everyone say they are one of the best tires to buy for mud.

The second set I put on there were some Treadwright Guard Dogs (re-treads) that were literally $1k cheaper than the Grapplers.. and they are GREAT in mud. I believe I will be buying a set of these for my HD also. Off-road magazines have tested them and given them very high ratings, as well as a few guys I've talked to running them on a DD saying they love them for all around use. One guy I know has basically wore his set out, and had no issues at all with them being a re-tread. My set has about 100 miles on them.. so I can't say much for personal use yet.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:12 PM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

nice to see you around again man, loving the trucks. hows OK treating you?

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526
Old 03-05-2014, 10:49 PM
Elite member

Treating me fairly good now, it was ROUGH for about the first year. A month after we moved here we lost our best friend Shadow.. she was the best pet you could ask for. Her and my Husky got loose, and since she's a wolf.. someone mistook her for a coyote and shot her. I hope for that persons sake, I never find out who it was..

Got me a job mechanicing for Oklahoma DOT though, right now it's not the worlds best pay, but the benefits and insurance make it will worth it.. and the fact that if I stick it out I will be able to retire.

Noticed your collection keeps growing bigger and bigger.. you should make me a deal on one of your 1/5 scales..
Old 11-03-2014, 11:11 PM
Elite member

Does anyone still visit this place? I check in sometimes, but rarely new activity. I'll try to liven it up a little by doing what i do best, post lots of pictures.

Topper was taken off to haul stuff, but it's back on. Also, new tires!

New tires got me out of a hell of a jam, ruts so deep it came up to my knees when I stood in them. Didn't get stuck.

Just a really cool picture that I love of my truck.

Had to rescue this dead goat off the highway.. threw a connecting rod through the oil pan.

And, just added another one to my used car dealership:

2006 Pontiac G6 GT 3.5, fully loaded. This thing is freaking NICE. It's the wifes car, but I'm not ashamed of this thing at all. It's fun!

The interior is bad ***!
Old 11-08-2014, 03:12 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

I still try to swing by daily to do a little 'cleaning' and see if anything is going on. Is the G6 part of the ignition recall? I was thinking it was.
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 11-11-2014, 01:33 AM
Elite member

Hmm, not sure if it was or not. Might have to look into that. I want to say that the recall involved only cars that had a switchblade style key but I could be wrong.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:29 AM
XMS Admin

hey man, long time no see. How are things going in your neck of the woods?

TEAM X.I.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:21 PM
Elite member

Going good man, things are starting to come together. Finally able to get a little money in my pocket, hoping here within a year or so I will be building a shop. I need it desperately. With all the side jobs I have people wanting me to do, during this cold *** time of year that slows things down a lot. Getting a shop put up would be a life saver right now.

Hows things been for you man?
Old 12-28-2014, 12:01 AM
XMS Admin

Been a different year, but getting better all the time now. Hope you get that shop up. Much easier working out of the elements. Still have my number? Hit me up sometime

TEAM X.I.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:41 PM
Elite member

Yeah still got it.. I'll do that man!

Wish I had a good update for this.. but I don't. A week ago from yesterday, an illegal, drunk mexican hit my truck while it was parked in front of my house.

I'll start with some of the updated pictures, I just replaced every light on the front of my truck before this happened.

32" light bar, and new LED and halo headlights with LED marker lights.

Before the LED marker lights.. but this is becoming my favorite pic of my pickup.

And now.. for what it looks like now.

My pickup weighs 7k lbs and he moved it 18 feet, as well as pushed it over the curb. It was parked directly in front of my wifes G6.. some how he completely missed her car, which is a **** good thing because it would be totaled.

Had it not been for my Ranch Hand, the front end would be wasted. But he did still ruin both of the new lights on the passenger side. Light bar is fine.

He didn't turn out so good.

Sorry bastard drove off. Luckily my neighbors saw him and recognized the vehicle, my wife and her went and found him while I waited for the cops to show up. It sounded like an explosion happened in front of my house.

Now the worst part is, the highway patrol that took my accident report has not gotten it done yet, and I can't even get my pickup in to the body shop until he gets my report done. I am getting extremely aggravated at them.. because I need my truck, and he doesn't seem to care. They were going to get a phone call today but I ended up being way to busy. They will hear from me on Monday if I don't get this report.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:16 PM
Elite member

Not sure if anyones even seeing this anymore, but now that it's been 6 months from the wreck as of tomorrow.. I'll give an update. I've had the truck back for a month and a half or so now. Took forever to get things fixed, fighting the body shop and then the alignment shop and insurance. But $10,000 from insurance later and $725 from my own pocket.. it's fixed!

Incase you didn't know.. I love this ol truck.