Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 08:59 AM
XMS moderator

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to tayyab
Default which motor has the most torque?

just like the title sayz i need 1 for my crawler titan it doesnt matter if its 130 or 180 just has to have the most torque
Old 06-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Elite member

if you REALLY want the MOST torque, do what I did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljT92obe7co

My truck has so much torque that I bust dogbones on every run. I need to come up with a better dogbone solution, because I'm running out of spares fast...
Old 06-28-2007, 12:32 PM
XMS moderator

wat did u do?? i cant see the motor
Old 06-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Elite member

It's an r/c airplane motor. It comes with a gear system. It rcks!
Old 06-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

There is no motor with the best torque. It all depends on you Battery Setup and other factors too. For example you have a Stock Motor but you have Liths and the guy your racing has Alkaline Batteries and a Stage 2 motor. You will win in a race because you have more power going to your motor and more torque than the guy with Alk. Batteries.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Rethink It All

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to RedSXmodder Send a message via MSN to RedSXmodder

Ah, yeah, I'm pretty sure you could find a motor with the most torque. Its not like battery's are going to make a difference. Say you have motor A and motor B. Motor B has more torque than motor A. Motor A has the equivelant to motor B's torque when it uses battery X. Motor B can also use battery X, making it the motor with the most torque.

Understand what I'm saying? I'd hope so, since half your posts have something to deal with saying "there is no best motor" or "Mongo says..."

Later,
RedSXmodder

Team Redmade Motors- Building Motors that rise above the rest!

Rethink It All
Old 06-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Xmod Expert

...there is another thread on this...and there is a bes motor but it depends on your steup what your willing to spend and many other factors...so basically there is a best motor but its the best motor for YOU. as for torque there is a motor with the highest amount of torque without a gearbox...i juts dont know what it is....
Old 06-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNKevin4EvA View Post
There is no motor with the best torque. It all depends on you Battery Setup and other factors too. For example you have a Stock Motor but you have Liths and the guy your racing has Alkaline Batteries and a Stage 2 motor. You will win in a race because you have more power going to your motor and more torque than the guy with Alk. Batteries.
Did you not read his original post?!? He's not racing someone, he is rock crawling. And as stated by redSXmodder, there IS a best motor for torque. You just need to find it. He is asking if someone else has already done that research for him.

He didn't ask "what is the best motor?" That question is too vague, and does NOT have an answer. He specifically said what will provide the most torque. That can be answered easily. Again, as redSXmodder pointed out, you just find the stats of each motor, and pick the one that has the highest torque output. and as you pointed out, pair it up with a quality battery to power it, or you won't be able to take advantage of the motor's full potential. done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
...there is another thread on this...as for torque there is a motor with the highest amount of torque without a gearbox...i juts dont know what it is....
You are right. tons of threads have been started about this topic over the past several months. More and more people are building crawlers and need torque. And my option has so much torque, because it is paired with a gearbox to make more torque. I bet the actual motor alone wouldn't do much better than a stock motor. But my airplane motor and gearbox combo have so much torque that I can climb walls!!!

Last edited by janikphoto; 06-28-2007 at 02:30 PM..
Old 06-28-2007, 02:37 PM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

i'd say the stock stage 1 or stage 2 with a 6 cell or lipos
Old 06-28-2007, 07:54 PM
XMS moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by janikphoto View Post
Did you not read his original post?!? He's not racing someone, he is rock crawling. And as stated by redSXmodder, there IS a best motor for torque. You just need to find it. He is asking if someone else has already done that research for him.

He didn't ask "what is the best motor?" That question is too vague, and does NOT have an answer. He specifically said what will provide the most torque. That can be answered easily. Again, as redSXmodder pointed out, you just find the stats of each motor, and pick the one that has the highest torque output. and as you pointed out, pair it up with a quality battery to power it, or you won't be able to take advantage of the motor's full potential. done.

You are right. tons of threads have been started about this topic over the past several months. More and more people are building crawlers and need torque. And my option has so much torque, because it is paired with a gearbox to make more torque. I bet the actual motor alone wouldn't do much better than a stock motor. But my airplane motor and gearbox combo have so much torque that I can climb walls!!!
if im not wrong i remember u askin us in a thread to guess wat motor u used or somethin like that and someone replied the name of the rc plane u got it from? can u remember the name? and can u PLZ buy 1 for me and sell it to me cause i live in pakistan and cant order it ill pay u PM me for more
Old 06-28-2007, 08:40 PM
US Air Force

Trader Rating: (9)

get the 180! you only have to shave the gear box a little and it only like 7$ right .
Old 06-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

My gearbox cost roughly $8, and out torques any 180

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Oiu8Go8tGSA

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 06-29-2007, 02:25 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayyab View Post
...can u PLZ buy 1 for me and sell it to me cause i live in pakistan and cant order it ill pay u PM me for more
No, I am sorry. I will not be buying anything for anyone and shipping it around the world. I got my motor from bp hobbies online. It was about $12 and I forget the EXACT model, so I can't help you there. Before you buy a bigger motor, get a 7.4 volt lipo battery. It will burn up the stock motor before too long, but it will make your truck into a fire-breathing monster!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:28 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Any part #s on the gearbox?

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 06-29-2007, 02:47 AM
XMS moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
My gearbox cost roughly $8, and out torques any 180

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Oiu8Go8tGSA
wat gear box is that and where can i get it?
Old 06-29-2007, 03:06 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

universal tamiya gear box, look for it on tower hobies

http://www.xmodworld.com/modules.php...wtopic&t=23391

Old 06-29-2007, 07:23 AM
XMS moderator

yo texan can u send 1 to me u dont have to send it to pakistan i have a contact in us u can send it to u i'll pay u for it and even commistion if u want!
Old 06-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

I believe tower hobbies ships internationally, email them and check. Ill be outta town for the next 2 weeks, so it would be awhile before I can help

Old 06-29-2007, 01:34 PM
XMS moderator

i need the stuff before august so whenu get back just PM me
Old 04-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Banned

Or...get tamiya gearbox
Closed Thread