Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Frequently imitated, never copied, the original XMS girl... M0DEL!

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to M0DEL Send a message via MSN to M0DEL
Default Fun stuff w/ new car :]

Sooo, gave up on the s2000 when I found out it had either blown head gasket or cracked cylinder. Ended up trading it for a '02 RSX Type-S !! This is it minus the wheels..

If I have you on facebook it's probably already known, but the wheel decided to fly off in the midst of driving last night.. erghhh. Last owner basically wore out the studs from changing rims sososososooo much. I sold my stock ones to put on another pair (name slipped my mind), and they all tightened 'so-so' for being done by hand. As I was driving home later that night I heard knocking coming from below. I already know the sound by heart and knew it was loose lugs. Pulled off the highway, and check them.. sure enough the front two wheels were full of loose lugs. Called my boyfriend, b/c he had the lug key, he came tightened them once again. I drove down the service road for a bit, and next thing I know i'm sliding on a rotor and the wheel took off down the road. Was insane, 3 jacks to lift car, and eventually we realized the studs were in awful shape, had it towed to a local NTB shop. $441 later it's all fixed. Just need a new fender...

Anyone interested in pics? hah!

Was pretty insane. Luckily that's all that needs to be replaced on the passenger side. No dents in bumper, door, or side skirt ...
Old 07-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

I'm sorry but that's a downgrade in the worst way.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Always liked that year of the RSX. Looks good, but a bummer about the studs for the rims.

While your at it go ahead & turbo charge it. lol

TEAM XI

Last edited by Bananabrain; 07-27-2010 at 12:43 PM..
Old 07-27-2010, 12:40 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

hell if i had a s2k with a cracked cycliner, id be glad to not drive it

the rsx looks good.. well im sure it did before ypur wheel took off
do u have any future plans?

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 07-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Drift maniac

Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by okoye View Post
I'm sorry but that's a downgrade in the worst way.
No no no the if an S2k has problems, its better to walk away from it then to fix something in the engine that would end up costing a ton and wasting your time.

A k20 is a slight downgrade, but its not like it can't keep up with an S2k with some mods. I love Honda but they lack torque without proper mods.

Car looks great though! My bro had an '05 RSX type S but he traded it in for the '09 Si which is also nice Sucks that your wheel fell off. Glad you got it fixed, I'd like to see pics of the carnage lol!

Team X.I.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

I would like to see pictures Model!

Did you have the studs replaced at the repair shop that you had your rotor replaced at?

Studs are extremely easy to replace by yourself, you might want to do the rear ones just to be safe(if not done already) you can press the stud out using a socket, and clamp, and press it back in doing the same but reverse. Unless you have the special tools to do it with then you won't be needing the socket and clamp haha.

Studs should cost you about $10.00 total.

Blade.

Banana do you know how much a turbo costs? Tis' a pretty penny. Truely in my opinion if you are going to turbo charge your engine, pull it, port and polish the intake and exhaust valves, bore the chambers, give it a shorter stroke, get some real 'racing wires' MSD wires, distributor cap, rotor & coil, E3 Spark Plugs, change the camshaft out, the works really. No point in turbo-charging an engine that has probably been driven hard.

Last edited by Blade.; 07-27-2010 at 03:05 PM..
Old 07-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Drift maniac

Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post

Did you have the studs replaced at the repair shop that you had your rotor replaced at?

Studs are extremely easy to replace by yourself, you might want to do the rear ones just to be safe(if not done already) you can press the stud out using a socket, and clamp, and press it back in doing the same but reverse. Unless you have the special tools to do it with then you won't be needing the socket and clamp haha.

Blade.

Banana do you know how much a turbo costs? Tis' a pretty penny. Truely in my opinion if you are going to turbo charge your engine, pull it, port and polish the intake and exhaust valves, bore the chambers, give it a shorter stroke, get some real 'racing wires' MSD wires, distributor cap, rotor & coil, E3 Spark Plugs, change the camshaft out, the works really. No point in turbo-charging an engine that has probably been driven hard.
Definitely right there, turbo charging a k20 is pretty tough if you don't want to blow the motor. They have high compression you would need to change out the pistons to lower it. Too much stuff to list that you would have to do just to boost a k20. But once its boosted its a lightweight rocket!!

Team X.I.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post

Blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCharisma View Post
Definitely right there, turbo charging a k20 is pretty tough if you don't want to blow the motor. They have high compression you would need to change out the pistons to lower it. Too much stuff to list that you would have to do just to boost a k20. But once its boosted its a lightweight rocket!!
I was just being stupid. lol

I know that a turbo charger is like $850+ and without proper upgrades & mods too the car/motor you will end up with disaster.

TEAM XI
Old 07-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

What kind of ****ty studs did this car have? Unless it was some jackass with an air gun, who slams the wheel onto the studs everytime there shouldn't be any damage to the studs from loosening and tightening lugs..

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 07-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Frequently imitated, never copied, the original XMS girl... M0DEL!

Send a message via AIM to M0DEL Send a message via MSN to M0DEL

Mmm, thanks ;p
Yeah.. i didn't have the 2k+ to fix the s2k.. if I did trust me, i'd still be mine for sure. Ahhwell, i'll get another one!

I mean in all honestly, i've never felt the s2ks real power.. its always been broke :[.. this one i have over here at least smokin' v6's with no trouble! The studs, even the shop said, were probably warn from him taking the wheels on and off THAT much. The boy would paint the rims, put on his stocks, paint again, put on another pair, paint again.. I don't know if he had a air gun though. I'd rather not ask, he acts retarded.. ugh

Other than that, no idea what I wanna do with it yet. Already has dc race header, motor mounts, and a manifold.. so interesting start lol
Old 07-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

So... where are those pictures ?
Old 07-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Sorry to hear about the s2000 but i do like the RSX's. Cousin had a white one exatly like yours but completely stock. I do actually like the wheels in the first picture other than color. Sucks about the studs though.

http://www.nickgrant.co.uk/londontobrighton/013.gif
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|