Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 AM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo
Default S.A.N. (Sema Action Network)

i'm kind of suprised that no one has mentioned this yet because it's getting ever more important with the current times.
we all know SEMA right?
well the SEMA ACTION NETWORK is a group that pretty much saves our *** and allows us to maintain our passion for the hobby.(gearheads rejoice)

politicians are constantly trying to pass bills against older cars,SUV's,trucks and basically anything that is'nt a smart car.
some try to instate rediculous MPG requirements,some try to make state emissions tests required and strict,some try to limit HP and some try to pass bills requiring us to trade in our jalopies for "incentives" towards a new electric hybrid.
the sneaky snakes are'nt up front about it either.
they'll tuck their new bill in with one that's sure to pass and hope no one sees it.
they don't do it because they hate cars,they do it so they can throw it in everyones faces when elections come along.
"remember me? i'm the guy who saved the world by scrapping anything made of metal.........hope you like your prius."

SAN has saved us from a multitude of these so far and not only do they hawkeye bills for harmful personal propoganda,they also work with many federal legislators to pass our own proposals.

if you love your car and love being able to put those glasspacks,4bbl's,turbos,nitrous and headers on then you should check out the site and see what you can do to help.

Quote:
The SEMA Action Network is a nationwide partnership of car clubs, and individual enthusiasts (like you) who work together to impact legislation that affects car and truck hobbyists of all kinds. By joining the SAN you will receive up-to-date alerts on hobby-related legislation in your state and across the country. Best of all – it’s free.
http://www.semasan.com/main/main.asp...ANcom/HomePage

cheers,

Last edited by bondo; 06-15-2009 at 11:48 AM..
Old 06-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Huh, Ive never heard of SAN before, but I'm a member now! Thanks Bondo!

Looking over the site now, its crazy some of the things they are trying to outlaw.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:33 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

I joined... its very interesting... this one makes me laugh:

H.B. 471 Pennsylvania Reintroduces Bill to Ban the Use of Aftermarket Exhaust Systems

If they pass that then I hope they plan on given me 100 bucks to cover the removal costs of my aftermarket exhaust system although the Borla Stinger is just the OEM FRRP exhaust system thats available through Ford so technically it isn't even aftermarket...

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 06-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Elite member

I was discussing some of the things I read on the S.A.N. website with a friend of mine, when something occurred to me. America is based on freedom. The freedom to do what we want, when we want. We can do anything as long as it does not interfere with another mans freedom. Am I right? Limiting horsepower on automobiles and limiting certain accessories does nothing but limit our freedom. So what if a car has 400+ horsepower, whos freedom is damaged because of that? Whos freedom is damaged by someone driving a car that is more than 25 years old? Whos freedom is damaged if someones music can be heard from more than 25 feet away? Whos freedom is damaged by another man driving a car with a turbo?

It really bothers me that politicians are trying to destroy my career before I can even start it! Thanks to these people, the $34,000 I spend to go to school for a career in the automotive field may be for nothing.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJB32690 View Post
I was discussing some of the things I read on the S.A.N. website with a friend of mine, when something occurred to me. America is based on freedom. The freedom to do what we want, when we want. We can do anything as long as it does not interfere with another mans freedom. Am I right? Limiting horsepower on automobiles and limiting certain accessories does nothing but limit our freedom. So what if a car has 400+ horsepower, whos freedom is damaged because of that? Whos freedom is damaged by someone driving a car that is more than 25 years old? Whos freedom is damaged if someones music can be heard from more than 25 feet away? Whos freedom is damaged by another man driving a car with a turbo?

It really bothers me that politicians are trying to destroy my career before I can even start it! Thanks to these people, the $34,000 I spend to go to school for a career in the automotive field may be for nothing.
And another one opens his eyes...

Been apart of SAN for a year or so, when ever I got active at the 67-72 Chevy site.

But more ranting later, off to go drive 50 miles or so non stop for a few hours delivering pizza in a 300 hp carbureted pick up truck.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 06-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
And another one opens his eyes...
My eyes have always been open to the sleaziness of politicians, I've just never thought of hot topics within the automotive world.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:32 PM
the torqueinator

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

im sick of the stupid Hybrid and inline 4 bull.... i like V8's and i like their power... like texans truck its awesome.. but i hate the hybrids being forced on us

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears
Old 06-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

I've been aware of SEMASAN for a while.

It's useful, you can look up laws in your area. Been doing research regarding NOS laws, it's a useful resource.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 06-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
im sick of the stupid Hybrid and inline 4 bull.... i like V8's and i like their power... like texans truck its awesome.. but i hate the hybrids being forced on us
Hybrids are a myth. They are just around so you can get a tax credit and feel better about yourself. The process of making them pollutes more than the buildign, and driving of even a Hummer H1. Right now I have two V8 Chevy trucks sitting in my driveway, and I love them! The only reason we have an inline four in our garage is because my dads girlfriend needed a cheap car after she got divorced.

Tex, AJ.... I agree. Politicians are limiting so many things nowadays. You now have to pay $7,000 if you buy a car that gets under 20 MPG, and can get up to $3000 if you buy a hybrid, turbo diesel injected, compressed natural gas, or propane car. That all good for the guys in Cali, but those who needs trucks, and who live in the countryside, it hurts them the most.

SEMA has always been soemthing I want to see. Its the best of the best, all invitational type of thing that I admire.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITT222 View Post
Tex, AJ.... I agree. Politicians are limiting so many things nowadays. You now have to pay $7,000 if you buy a car that gets under 20 MPG, and can get up to $3000 if you buy a hybrid, turbo diesel injected, compressed natural gas, or propane car. That all good for the guys in Cali, but those who needs trucks, and who live in the countryside, it hurts them the most.
Actually, the tax rebate is only good for the first 6000 or so cars. You no longer get rebates for the Prius, civic or accord hybrids.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:03 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Whoah whoah, guys go get educated. There is not tax for non-hybrids. The guzzler tax applies to certain sports cars for the most part.

And the cash for clunkers bill that a few of you are refering to is something that is PURELY VOLUNTARY. Just because a vehicle fails inspection does not mean it's required to be traded in. That's nonsense.

This system has been in Texas for years. There's no lack of classics.

Read:
http://jalopnik.com/5285032/cash-for...ses-we-analyze
http://jalopnik.com/5285833/a-guide-...-clunkers-bill
http://jalopnik.com/5288334/cash-for...s-senate-house

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 06-16-2009, 01:17 AM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Whoah whoah, guys go get educated. There is not tax for non-hybrids. The guzzler tax applies to certain sports cars for the most part.
I know. Thats what I was trying to say. But I just checked and apparently it doesn't apply to some SUVs.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:24 PM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

i think i may have been a bit misleading with this.
Quote:
some try to pass bills requiring us to trade in our jalopies for "incentives" towards a new electric hybrid.
the key word in the quote above is try.
there is,like texan mentioned, a "cash for clunkers" program that is completely voluntary.

what i was reffering to was about a year ago some duckbag from iowa or utah or something like that decided to try to slip a proposal in with another bill(state law) that would REQUIRE owners to trade in their non-running jalopies for so called "incentives" towards a hybrid with possible fines for anyone who did'nt.
this bill also included junkyards so my guess is that that politician was probably into land development on the side and was trying to clear land to buy.

i'm glad to see that this thread has already gotten a few new members.
i'm not one that really believes in organizations for the most part but this one actually does make a difference.