Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > Beginner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 04-17-2010, 04:17 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Will the Xmods upgrades eventually stop??!

I have spent the last few days hunting the net for all the GPM upgrades for my Xmod Street / Evo and all I can say it wow - this stuff is disappearing fast! I emailed some of the sites and they said they were discontinuing all the Xmods upgrades since Xmods are no longer in production. ****it!! Does this mean all the GPM stuff will eventually disappear???!

I think RS was on some B.S. about bringing this into the market and then stopping production of it. Now hobbyist who are into these Xmods have to look high and low for parts or upgrades. This is how I FEEL so if you wanna bring my rep down like some of these other kids have, go ahead - I will not lose any sleep lol and I will still eat my breakfast in the morning lol. If you want to bring it up, hey, thanks.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:36 AM
Stage 2 member

Don't forget the prices will raise on ebay a ridiculous amount.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofx View Post

I think RS was on some B.S. about bringing this into the market and then stopping production of it. Now hobbyist who are into these Xmods have to look high and low for parts or upgrades.
Well in defense of R.S., Xmods have been around since 2003, which isn't too bad of a run for a non-hobby grade toy.(even though there were 2 distinctly different chassis plus the trucks)
I do understand your frustration though, and I'd hate to see them go myself.
But I guess it's kind of like the rest of the RC hobby, your old favorite models won't be around forever since something new will always replace it.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like RS is going to replace the Xmod with anything better.
I guess if you really like this scale and style of RC, there's always the Mini-Z, or even Iwaver, I know it costs more but by the time your done upgrading the Xmod, it usually cost at least as much as a Mini-Z.

Toyota, Moving Forward. Even if you push the breaks.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Advance member

Hmmm that is true acer - I guess it could be worse, like the way PC's get outdated - ie. buy it today and its outdated tomorrow lol.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

It does get worse with the larger scale hobby grade RC's.
You spend $250(or more) for the model, sink another $300-$500 in upgrades and spare parts, then a new model comes out in 5 years and your old one that you have around $800 into is obsolete and spare parts become hard to come by.
The prices I quoted are just ballpark figures, I've spent more on particular RC's.

It stinks, but it's the nature of the hobby. But at least it's not half as bad as with PC's and cell phones.
For instance, the Traxxas Stampede was introduced in 1994, so it has a production run of 16 years and still going strong. Any 16 year old PC or cell phone would be totally useless unless you needed a really large paperweight.

You never know, we might end up seeing some new Xmods for next Christmas. I've heard rumors about totally discontinuing Xmods in the past but new models always seemed to come out. But with the economy the way it is now,this time I'm not holding my breath.

Toyota, Moving Forward. Even if you push the breaks.