Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Flat 4 Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by atruebudfan View Post
Not yet no, but if they don't stop whats going on they might.

GM and Toyota's sales rose and Ford and Chrysler's fell during February, Ford has been losing sales since last year. They lost 12.7 billion last year, and right now there mostly living on Mustang and Truck sales.

And Ford people are worrying with 2 new Trucks ( Silverado and Tundra) coming out this year, that they might even lose more money this year.
Ford was falling as fast as GM was a few years back, GM though is on the rise while Ford still stumbles. Ford has been trying everything to Gian something back, they already have laid off many workers, they also auctioned off Austin Martin to a designer purse company.

And don't forget the new Camaro comes out in late 2008 or early 2009, and which is supposed to be cheaper then the Mustang.
Apparently, the Camaro is due to drop in 2009 as a 2010 model, which makes perfect sense. When the Camaro was discontinued in 2002, GM signed an agreement with Canada that a car with the "Camaro" name would not be manufactured for at least 7 years afterwards because of the St. Therese factory closing its doors, putting a lot of people out of work.

Right now Ford is relying on Mustang and Truck sales, as you mentioned. Even though Ford has the #1 selling truck, it's not nearly enough to keep them afloat in this day and age. Aside from the Mustang and F Series trucks, their product line is extremely weak. Ford has even decided to drop the Mercury Montego and Ford Five Hundred nameplates for next year, hoping to regain some of their customer base by rebadging them as the Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus. One of the biggest mistakes Ford made was dropping the Taurus nameplate, especially considering it was America's top selling midsize sedan.

Ford is going about things the wrong way by laying people off. What they need to be doing is focusing on a stronger product line if they want to succeed.

Right now, I'm surely glad I don't own any stock in Ford, however, I'm thinking about dropping a few Gs on some GM stock, because things are certainly looking up for them.

Real Cars
1994 Chevrolet B4C Camaro
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

XMods
1967 Chevrolet Camaro
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Old 03-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Elite member

i personally dont like american cars but ok ford gt is one bad *** supercar, no doubt. most american cars..in general, lack elagence
Old 03-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarip4.5 View Post
i personally dont like american cars but ok ford gt is one bad *** supercar, no doubt. most american cars..in general, lack elagence
No. Both new and old caddy's are nice, the GT40 is cool, and *some* American cars here and there have elegance, but I think the biggest thing is that many people grow up learning about American Muscle, and the so-called "power-cars", or that American Cars are cheap...

But it's true, if Honda dropped the Civic, or even just the vtec, sales would go no were... But vtec and REV technology is beautiful, great power and great milage...
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 03-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
No. Both new and old caddy's are nice, the GT40 is cool, and *some* American cars here and there have elegance, but I think the biggest thing is that many people grow up learning about American Muscle, and the so-called "power-cars", or that American Cars are cheap...

But it's true, if Honda dropped the Civic, or even just the vtec, sales would go no were... But vtec and REV technology is beautiful, great power and great milage...
Yeah, I think there are plenty of elegant domestic machines. While these are arguably elegant machines, I guess some people have never heard of Saleen S7s, Dodge Vipers, Cadillac XLRs, Ford GTs, or Corvettes.

The biggest load of crap I've ever heard is how domestic cars are crap. I've owned a great number of domestics, as have my parents, and they have all held up very well, save for my parents' old 1997 Chevy Malibu.

You're so very right about Honda. Without VTEC, they'd probably go nowhere. Not to mention, Hondas make less torque than lawnmowers.

Real Cars

XMods
1967 Chevrolet Camaro
Old 03-02-2007, 11:42 PM
The Daywalker

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
If that thing was ran for that long with no oil I would like you would need more then that, for example, OD crank shaft, main and rod bearings, an OD line boar at the machine shop, and the list could go on. I look for a used engine.
Plus being ran for that long I don't now how it wouldn't throw a rod.
my point exactly. Toyota 22RE and Subaru EJ22E > *

"Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?"
Subaru --- All We'll Drive
Member: NSW, USC, MNS, C4C. Founder/Owner: NCC
Old 03-03-2007, 12:17 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarip4.5 View Post
in general this is how you spell "elegance" LOL
Old 03-03-2007, 10:53 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

yea thats a rumor. they are doing better in the stock market which is helping and they thought of teaming up with toyota, but theyre doing so much better that they dont need to.i explained it so well that i bet this thread wont last w/o being called spam.
lol
Old 03-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Advance member

**** i have a 92 grand marquis, ford product, i havent changed the oil in 2 years, the only thing ive had to do is change the tires every couple years, and i had to have the front and rear seal, because i pulled my friends honda 100 miles, to his house, but i got that fixed in a day for $50, plus ford is merging with toyota, i guess so they can get their qaulity and fuel econ. up or something, i know when this happens their stock is going to jump, i dont know its just a theory
Old 03-07-2007, 09:07 PM
The Original S.S.

Send a message via AIM to SUPERSHELBY Send a message via Yahoo to SUPERSHELBY

if ford goes outta business (i hope they dont) it will be sad 2 see the mustang go away, if the mustang goes outta production (i hope it doesnt) it should go outta production in style

Old 03-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordredneck View Post
**** i have a 92 grand marquis, ford product, i havent changed the oil in 2 years, the only thing ive had to do is change the tires every couple years, and i had to have the front and rear seal, because i pulled my friends honda 100 miles, to his house, but i got that fixed in a day for $50, plus ford is merging with toyota, i guess so they can get their qaulity and fuel econ. up or something, i know when this happens their stock is going to jump, i dont know its just a theory
Where did you hear this? I haven't heard anything about Ford merging with Toyota.

Real Cars

XMods
1967 Chevrolet Camaro
Old 03-07-2007, 10:48 PM
The Original S.S.

Send a message via AIM to SUPERSHELBY Send a message via Yahoo to SUPERSHELBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat 4 Racing View Post
Where did you hear this? I haven't heard anything about Ford merging with Toyota.
www.autoblog.com they have the story

Old 03-08-2007, 05:33 PM
The Daywalker

Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSHELBY View Post
www.autoblog.com they have the story
yea, and getting your car info from autoblog is like getting news from the onion

Old 03-09-2007, 06:47 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordredneck View Post

Why on earth would you not change your oil for 2 years? I mean it's cheap matteness, by the way carbon is what makes your oil black, carbon is one of the hardest most abrasive materials on earth. Get my drift.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:27 AM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
Why on earth would you not change your oil for 2 years? I mean it's cheap matteness, by the way carbon is what makes your oil black, carbon is one of the hardest most abrasive materials on earth. Get my drift.
Good point. Heck, I change the oil in "my babies" every 2500 miles, RELIGIOUSLY.

Oil- 2500 milies
Transmission- 10,000 miles
Rear fluid- 12,000 miles
Coolant flush- 12,000 miles
Brake fluid- 12,000 miles
Power steering flush- 12,000 miles

I don't know where to start, but it's not hard to keep a vehicle in good running order. Sure, you spend a little bit, but the reward is a car that lasts a very long time. But, I go overboard. However, the ending result is that I love my cars and my cars love me back.

Real Cars

XMods
1967 Chevrolet Camaro
Old 03-09-2007, 02:44 PM
The Daywalker

Quote:
Good point. Heck, I change the oil in "my babies" every 2500 miles, RELIGIOUSLY.

Oil- 2500 milies
Transmission- 10,000 miles
Rear fluid- 12,000 miles
Coolant flush- 12,000 miles
Brake fluid- 12,000 miles
Power steering flush- 12,000 miles

I don't know where to start, but it's not hard to keep a vehicle in good running order. Sure, you spend a little bit, but the reward is a car that lasts a very long time. But, I go overboard. However, the ending result is that I love my cars and my cars love me back.
+1

the motor in my wagon is going on 240k miles.....runs smoother than almost any other car I've driven.

this summer, I'll throw a little belt-driven boost at it....and see how it holds up

Old 03-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbchux View Post
+1

the motor in my wagon is going on 240k miles.....runs smoother than almost any other car I've driven.

this summer, I'll throw a little belt-driven boost at it....and see how it holds up
What do you drive?

Real Cars

XMods
1967 Chevrolet Camaro
Old 03-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Cloud 9

Trader Rating: (8)

well personally i dont like ford. so buh bye if they leave.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:38 PM
The Daywalker

Quote:
What do you drive?
subaru loyale wagon with a phase I EJ22e swapped in it.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Cloud 9

Trader Rating: (8)

subaru imo has to be the best of all car manufacturers. They build their cars with such durability its amazing.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:13 AM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbchux View Post
subaru loyale wagon with a phase I EJ22e swapped in it.
Any photos? I'd love to see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabari
subaru imo has to be the best of all car manufacturers. They build their cars with such durability its amazing.
You may feel otherwise after you've had a $1690 center differential replaced (poorly shimmed pinion bearing), $900 brake caliper, and $496 (2 rotors) replaced, and a motor that doesn't like to turn over if it's colder than 30 degrees outside. All were covered under warranty, but nonetheless, I have a Camaro with 175,000 miles on it that started in -30 below in Milwaukee, Wisconsin without nary a cough.

Where's the "Subaru reliability?" I NEVER had ANY problems with my domestics until they've had over 100,000 miles on them, save for my Camaro when I had to get an optispark (ignition, $800) replaced at 62,000 miles.

For the record, I don't, and have never taken the STi to the track, or have really beaten the heck out of it. That doesn't go to say I haven't mashed the throttle a few times.

Real Cars

XMods
1967 Chevrolet Camaro
Closed Thread