Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic > Gamers Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 08:30 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
(since this is far beyond warranty now, I didn't care for the serial #).
you should really try to uncover that. mine is 1 year over warranty and microsoft is fixing it, pausing my live subscription, and sending it back with a 3 month gold card and a post-repair warranty entirely for free. they'll do that for you if you allow them to look into the problem and experiment with it. they've put aside $60 million to fix the rrod, so all rrod related repairs as of now are free. but only if you have a valid serial number.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotmikal View Post
Unless you can deal without an Xbox for 2 months, I wouldn't recommend sending it off.
It would take less time to just fix it yourself.

My cousin sent his xbox off a little of 2 months ago and still hasn't got it back.
He got tired of waiting after a month and bought a new one.
your cousin shouldn't be allowed near money. seriously, i've just been playing ps2 while mine's gone, it's fun to revert to older games. makes the new ones just that much more fun when you can play them again.

EDIT: texan, you should bring a pizza box home from work and set up the electronics in there. that'd be hilariously badass.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999 View Post
i've just been playing ps2 while mine's gone, it's fun to revert to older games. makes the new ones just that much more fun when you can play them again.
+1
i sent in my Wii after it wouldnt read disk so to wade out the bordem ive been playing ive been playing GBA and SNES,and its helping alot.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:11 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)

Mine is back, took less than 2 weeks. 1 year added warranty and 1 free month of live. never talked to anyone, did it all online.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:02 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Well, the GPU and CPU are probably fixed, but didn't insulate it enough (read, duck tape let me down at the edges and allowed air to get under my insolation) so it's busted a few capacitors. But, all is far from lost. This xbox did not come with any power cords, which are stupendously expensive (new, 90 bucks). While hunting down another cheapy, found another 40 dollar one that never RROD, but the disk drive died. Well, my disk drive is fine. And, the newest one has all the cords needed as well. Thus, 40 dollars for a power brick and video cable alone are worth it, the fact that a working 360 mobo comes with it, is icing on a cake. And, for you guys worried about the warranty, it'd have a good serial number to use.

Plus, I can shoot some color on the extra shell and sell it off to recoup a bit of cash, but other than that, 85 bucks would be invested, and I have a complete 360 with a 20 gig HDD, minus a controller... Which is next on the to-do list.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 07-31-2009 at 02:05 AM..
Old 07-31-2009, 02:23 AM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

wow. not to sound too advertising-y, but try www.propertyroom.com. it's an online police auction site, they sell 360 controllers for like $10 sometimes, versus $40 used at gamestop. i think one of their warehouses is somewhere in texas, not entirely sure, but you'd probably have it to your house in 1-2 days, assuming you're not on the other side of the state.