Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > August 08'-09' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289
Default August '08-'09 Buildoff '95 Nissan Maxima

To start the buildoff, I would like to say that I will be on a strict budget, so it will be awhile till my car is finished, or until I get a good job.

I got into a wreck awhile back, I spent a couple thousand for not having insurance, so that basicly whiped out my savings and checking accounts.

This is it back then;
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...a/IMG_0927.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...a/IMG_0928.jpg

What I'm planning on doing:
--------------------------
New front fenders
New hood, with maybe a custom hood scoop
New front and rear bumper
New brakes, calipers, and disc's
R34 headlights
Clear bumper lights or black bumper lights(front bumper turn signals)
Completely new suspension, not lowering
Deffently new paint job, possibly the same color, or dark blue or candy blue, or even candy red, dont really know because that would be the last thing on the list of things to do
Custom grille
Custom amp wrack, with a custom sub box
Locking lugnuts
Locking gas cap(becuase if somebody hates you or an x-girlfriend still hates you, then they will be able to open the gas door, but doesnt have a key to the gas cap, so they will not be able to pour sugar or salt in the engine, ruining it)

I hope to get most of this stuff done, but but not promising anybody(even though they may not care). I'm might over haul the engine completely, or put in a 5th generation Maxima (2000), 1995 Maxima at about 190hp, and a 200 at about 222hp. Mine right now is not nearly as it should be.

I go to an automotive school right after 4th period, and I sometimes have free shop days, so I usually bring a car in, either my Maxima, my sisters/my white Chrysler Cirrus, or a car my sister needs working on.

I will try to keep you all updated, but I'll not be on the computer like I used to be(almost everyday).

If you have any 95 Maxima parts, and you would like to sell or donate them to me, then just pm me

Thanks,
Snowboi.

Last edited by snowboi1289; 03-03-2009 at 10:43 PM..
Old 12-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

I dont know what I can do as of right now, because I got a ticket, and I have no money what so ever. I have money to pay for gas, every once in a while of course.

I got a couple new things to think up, like costum parts. I'm not looking at the look of the car, I'm looking at the performance, and parts that need to be replaced. After I get the job I've been needing for so long, I'll have money to pay everybody back the money they gave me, enough money to save up for a house/trailor/apartment, and fix up the Maxima.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:49 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Pictures fixed. Please remember to place a space or return inbetween each closing image bracket ([/IMG]).

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 12-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

I like it best when 2 pictures is on one line, I dont like it when pictures on on top of eachother.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Not much updates, but I got my amp and subs installed (I did everything myself) heres a small video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKfRD0KMhjc .
Old 02-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Good news, I got a couple parts replaced, and or fixed (by me, mostly). It doesnt have perfect gas milage, yet, because I still need to run a couple things through the fuel, oil to get it all cleaned out.

I've been getting into taking pictures of my car, just last week I was going everywhere (beaches, parking lots, anywhere that I may like) to get pictures, my friend wanted some pictures also (he has a Cadillac Fleetwood, dont know the year though).

I still have no job, no one is hiring, so I'm kinda doing side jobs to pick up the cash flow. So because of the money problems, I've been selling EVERYTHING that I dont really need, to fix up my car. Soon (I hope) I will have enough money to go to a salvage yard, and get some parts (body parts and some interior parts like window regulator, ect.). I've still been thinking of a good color for my car. I've been thinking of just getting it repaint the same stock color, and keep the exterior stock looking, but the performance and interior is a million times better, kinda like a sleeper (it looks slow, but it will beat your car at the starting line).

Heres some recent pictures:

Also, heres some pictures of my custom amp control switch:

Bascily, instead of buying a connector for the blue amp control wire to go to the stereo, I hooked a easy way to turn on the amp, and turn off. Like if I dont want to have the amp on, drawing power from the battery, I just turn it off from a switch.

Edit: I know it looks like I only have 2 hub caps in the first and second pictures, I have all four, The first two pictures were taken at different times, before I had the caps.

Last edited by snowboi1289; 02-01-2009 at 07:14 PM..
Old 02-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

watch out for that pioneer 760, they like to overheat. what kinda subs are those?
Old 02-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Thanks for the info, I'm not going to keep it, because the white audio rca wire connector came apart, so I took the amp apart, and got some good super glue, and glued it on, it wont last though. When I took the first couple pictures the subs were 12 inch Kenwoods, but right now I'm trying to find the perfect box, so I threw my other subs in, it now has a completely different box, and 2 different subs. I have 2 boxes, and 4 woofers, right now, I have 2 woofers and 1 box in my car. I still need to do some work so it will sound right, but I think its pretty good right now.

I keep the amp there, to get cool, and so I can see the light (to check to see if it was left on, or off, if I leave it on, my battery will go dead). Like I said, the blue control wire to the amp isnt connected to the stereo, so I have to manually turn it off, but I single switch.

The car is not much now, but soon it will be something. I plan to make/modify most of the stuff myself. My first car, and my 2nd project car.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Xmod Expert

you should pull out your spare tire and make a custom box =P
Old 02-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

I would, but what happens if a tire goes flat, I'm more of the "Keep what you need in our car, before you leave what you want in your car" kinda person. I would rather have a spare tire, than have a full system, because I dont have the money to pay for a tow truck, or a friend to lend me a spare wheel. Anyway, theres no way I can make a custom box, I dont got the tools to make the box I want.

I'll try to draw out what I want. Also, if you seen the pictures when I first got my car, there was a spare tire and a spare wheel in the trunk, I took the tire out, but the spare wheel is still hidden away. I've never replaced these tire that are on the car, nor have I even rotated them, yet. I also need to get them balanced.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Xmod Expert

yea, draw your box up...maybe somebody can build it for you pretty cheap.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

You should just wire the amp off an ignition lead from the fuse panel, through a switch. So you have no chance of accidentally leaving the amp on. It just comes on and off with the key. How I had the tiny amp in the firebird wired for awhile.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 02-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

I rather keep it the way it is, because if I need to sell the car, throw it into the shop to get something major repaired (something I cant personally do), or go outta town for the week, then all I will need to do, it take everything out. Sure it will take like 5 minutes to un-install and un-wire everything, but its better than it getting stolen.

Also, about a week ago, somebody robbed a Burger King and (I think) a gas station, so lately Fort Walton Beach (around where I live) is getting worse and worse. So more things are getting stolen.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Well, this is prolly the second worst thing I had to deal with for my car, I had a lil' accident. I was trying to fix my passenger side window motor gear (well actually trying to make it custom, because the **** rubber gear came off and it would cost nearly $40. to get a new motor part). I was drilling to make it possible for me to put some stuff on it to stick, and suddenly the drill bit broke, and it went into my left hand under my thumb.

I might not be able to do anything major today, because the blood wouldnt stop, I was going to drive myself down to the hospital, but no, I could easily go through this, I've been through worse.

If it warms up tomarrow, I'll be doing a basic tranny fluid drain, not a hole flush, yet though.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:35 AM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Just got a new short ram intake. Sounds realy nice under load, but has an annoying sound at idle. Its not a problem like it says in the video description, so disregard that part. Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt9qvYLg1pw

Also getting a new grille soon, its already been shipped, and on its way. Had a lil' bit of smoke come from the rear of the engine, so I may have a bad gasket, or may have a loose coolant line. It wasnt alot, it was barely noticable.

Going to take the front bumper, headlights off to fix the headlights, they are way off, they barely even focus on the ground. When I have enough money, I might take a trip out town to get some parts from a salve yard, not for along time, because I wanna get alot of money, and go with a trailer to get a hood, fenders, engine parts, rear bumper, and other parts.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Found some old pictures of the Maxima right after I got into a wreck.

Update:
Got a short ram intake.
Got a new grille (not new, used, but new to me).
Problems:
Needs a new CV join, and front brake rotors.

Pictures:

Thanks.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 03-03-2009 at 11:10 PM..
Old 03-07-2009, 11:42 PM
drifter and engineer

Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

when're you going to replace the hood? i can still see a big crease.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
when're you going to replace the hood? i can still see a big crease.
Probably after he replaces the CV joints and brake rotors... duh? Those are a little more important than a hood.

Anyway, Snowboi, great progress so far. Shes almost like new! lol.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Thanks AJ, yes the hood is second from last on my list, the last thing will have to be both front and rear bumpers. I need to get the car running perfectly, before I can worry about things that only effect the look of it.

I replaced my tranny fluid, and transmission screen/filter, it was a true bitc*, because I never replaced it beforeo n this car, and I dont have a lift, I was just stuck under the car for 3+ hours, draining and waiting. I'll get a picture of how the driver side wheel well/on the strut/basicly everywhere of where all the grease went from the CV boot, after it was ripped open.

It completely ruined the rotor, warped it, and I may need to get all new strut mounts, and wheel bearings. Also, maybe, I'll be taking apart the engine, to do a good cleaning, to remove most of the carbon build up (I've tried seafoam, and deep creep seafoam, didnt really work). To another problem I found while looking at the rear, I need a new muffler, and possible a new full exaust (cats, everything).

Will try to keep you all updated, I dont come here often, I go to a new forum for my exact car (the org to anybody who knows, **Hint hint ZX9Bart**).
Old 03-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

How do you mess up so much by draining tranny fluid? It's a matter of pulling the pan and letting it come out.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Closed Thread