Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 02-24-2010, 12:14 AM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4
Default Pilonidal Sinus

Hey guys,
as some of you may know, im Armenian, and if uve ever met an armenian.. most likely they are hair and have a big nose... well if you read up on Pilonidal Sinus, youll see it isnt the nicest thought/img in ur head.
On thrusday i will be have a surgery to remove my Sinus, im only 15 and a bit scared as this is my first surgery..
any tips to help me out? im more nervous than scared, i wont be passed out, i just wont feel my (ill refrain from profabity) butt for a couple hours
do you guys know anyone that has had thia removed? the processes.. i knows the surgery takes about an hour...
ill take pix of my sexy hairy legs after the surgery :-p
Thanks,
Chris

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

REQUEST NITROUS OXIDE. Surgery when not passed out is pure scaries. After surgery, take a tank and strap it to your car. NOS mayne.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:34 AM
retired xmodder

I dont wanna die on the way home.. lmao im probably gonna request an extra "numbness" shot then just sleep during the surgery

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

You can't go to sleep, you will be really nervous, even if you try. They have to give you gas to fall asleep. I'd hate to be you, having to watch a part of me taken out. Even teeth...
Old 02-24-2010, 12:50 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (3)

Discuss 'IV Sedation' with your anesthesiologist. Despite the name, its not actually sedation, more that it makes you so relaxed you could care less about what is going on, and most times induces amnesia during the time you are under. A lot of docs prefer it because you are still awake and aware enough to answer questions, but you won't remember anything, and when the IV is removed you will feel like no time has passed at all. When I had surgery I was given IV Sedation, and the nurses thought it was funny I came out of it continuing the same conversation I was in the middle of when given the drug. I even asked when the surgery was going to start :P

Another nice benefit is that you are fully awake and aware as soon as the IV is removed, with none of the horrible side effects associated with typical anesthesia. The drug given in the IV is usually a Benzo, like Valium.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:06 AM
retired xmodder

they arnt taking out out anything besides a cyst in the wound, im not gonna be buttless -.- and ill talk to him about The IV, but ill be in his office, so supplies might be limited, it was either pay under 1grand and am office or pay over 5 grand and get a hospital(not including the hospital bed/service payments)

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-24-2010, 07:54 AM
I got nothin...

Trader Rating: (0)

wow from what i have found on pics from google... and yuck... at the same time... what caused this???

New Forum Needing Members:
http://rcunited.tk/
Old 02-24-2010, 10:06 AM
retired xmodder

some some its an excess of hair, but when i asked the doctor, he said they dont even know the true cause, apparently it is very common, he claims to do 2+ surgeries each week just on it

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-24-2010, 10:33 AM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

You do not want to go under, anyhow, unless you absolutely have to. At your age, the gas could potentially be more harm than good.

You'll do fine and we'll hear from you when you get back! Good luck and request the good ice-cream/popsicles.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 02-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

You'll be fine, dude. I was just reading up on it and all it seems like is a big absess. They're just going to have to drain it and treat it with antibiotics, probably. As long as they keep your butt numb, you'll be ok!
Old 02-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

It appears i have one to. Its pretty much the size of a xmod wheel nut. SS when you say drain it and treat with antibiotics can you please explain what you mean? or pm me in simple terms. I am really scared right now and i don't think i could look at anymore webpages about it. I just wanna know the simplified version of it. this suckss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 02-24-2010, 06:53 PM
retired xmodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
You'll be fine, dude. I was just reading up on it and all it seems like is a big absess. They're just going to have to drain it and treat it with antibiotics, probably. As long as they keep your butt numb, you'll be ok!
SS u are right it is similar to a big absess, but just smells of the cyst has poppped(my case)

well we went to him afterschool, so i can ask a couple question,
1) him getting IV is a 1/99 chance, so its probably goona be a no
2) He is gonna use Local Anesthesia(numbess)
3) since the cyst has popped, he is gonna have to make the hole a bit bigger to clean it after it has been drained, ussualy if the cyst hasnt popped, they remove it and just drain the excess puss out, and let it heal on it's own
4) they can use 2 diff methods to fix it...
a) sew it shut(chances of it coming back is a 70%
b) leave it open, long term healing, chances of it coming back are around 10%

i chose (b)
its gonna happen at around 2:30-3:00 GMT-8... (leaving school early ) should last about an hour, hopefully i can be able to get back to ya by 5-6ish my time..
im just super nervous... super duper nervous.. and somewhat scared, but since friday i have half day... im not going to school(thnx mom!)

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-24-2010, 06:54 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Trader Rating: (0)

you will be fine it won't hurt all that bad. Just like popping a really bad pimple lol.

Last year I stepped on some glass and left a small piece in for about 3 weeks until my foot got all swollen and black. It took about 45 mins of cutting and picking for my doc to get it. I did that with no meds. It was funny the doc keep asking me if I wanted him to numb it.

But I suffer from chronic kidney stones, one you pass a stone most stuff does not hurt.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:59 PM
retired xmodder

err yea.. my dad has passed a stone, so has my sis.. thats why even burns dont hurt them... and my mom has gone through gallbladder removal, root canal, my dad has had a kidney removed, many kidney stones, i think he has gotten his gallbladder removed aswell, my sis has had calcum surgery, right above the collar bone(scary thoughts), my bro was forced to eax his hairy back(once) and im glad i wasnt him, he said he'd rather be hairy and have a harder time finding a nice girl than waxing his bak.. lmao, that was a funny day for me

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-24-2010, 09:43 PM
noob customizer

Well I'll share a few of my stories..

1. I have bad toenails. Both of my big toes grow basically straight down into the skin. I've had surgery on both of them twice. Just a shot to numb and i didnt feel a thing as they sawed my nails off..

2. I've broken numerous bones (collar, fingers, toes) and the reset of those broken bones was more painful than any surgery I've had.

3. I had an emergency appendectomy. I sat through a 3hr interview while my appendix slowly started to burst. Then sat at the hospital for 5hrs before they finally called the Dr. to remove it. It felt like massive heartburn, until I got to the E.R. and then it felt like my stomach was imploding. For that one I got an IV anesthetic.

4. And finally the big one... At age 19 (about 4yrs ago) I was diagnosed with cancer. Hodgkin's Disease. It's lymphoma. It was in the left side of my neck. I had no chin definition. From the top of my cheek down to my shoulder was all swollen. The Dr. said 6 more weeks unnoticed and my throat would've swollen shut and I would've died. I had to have a chemo port put in. Its basically a plastic balloon under the skin connected to an artery. They use them because the "drugs" (poison) they use in chemotherapy are too harsh to go through a normal IV.
I would never wish cancer on anybody. Not even my enemies.
Six months 2x a month of chemo, 6 months of radiation therapy everyday, and the cancer is gone. Then they removed the port.

I told you that to tell you, for both of the port surgeries, I got the gas. They call it "twilight". Both times the surgery only lasted about 20mins and I was conscious about an hour after. The nurses all said I was telling jokes during the surgeries, so I must have been conscious, in an unconscious state.

If I can go through all that and still be kicking, I have massive faith in your operation. Good Luck and let us know how it goes..

Last edited by trans_am_lover_79; 02-24-2010 at 09:45 PM..
Old 02-24-2010, 10:25 PM
retired xmodder

Woah tahts a lot of stuff u went though,
thanks for all the Luck you guys are wishing me,
TBH, my Grandpa has cancer aswell, we recently(around end of November if im not mistaking) found out he was diagnosed with it, and it has already gone into the "deeper" stage,
Bone Marrow Cancer, in more simple terms, Blood/Blood Cell Cancer

He goes to Chemotherapy about x2 a week, depending on his blood cell count, he would go more often, but he is very old(not sure on the age, but close to 80, i think he is 79 turning 80 in march) and when ur old, Chemotherapy and kill you faster than the cancer

anyways back to myself,
trans_am, when they were "sawing" your toe nails off, did it just take 1 shot and it was numb? my parents say that it takes around 10 mins for the actual numbness to kick in

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-25-2010, 07:55 AM
noob customizer

The shot they gave me was to deaden the nerve endings in my toes. They swelled like crazy. It actually took effect fairly quickly. They gave me the shots pretty much right before they started on my nails. They kept poking my toe with a tiny straight pin until I couldn't feel it.

But that was my toes.... Everybody's case is unique..

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I know how rough it is with how "little" I went through at such a young age. I couldn't imagine going through 4x that amount at his age. I had to have a bone marrow biopsy.. That SUCKED!!!

For those who dont know a bone marrow biopsy procedure, they shove a pencil lead size needle through the actual bone and into the marrow. They did it in both of my hip bones in the small of my back.

O and I had to have an arthrogram. On my left shoulder.. Google it.

Again good luck man..
Old 02-25-2010, 09:57 AM
retired xmodder

yea like trans_am said, the needle.. well lets just say its not the same as your regular flu shot needle.. and its not very thin aswell
thanks
today's the day... ill let ya guys know how it goes as soon as i can!

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-25-2010, 07:14 PM
retired xmodder

OMG WTF IM NOT DEAD
went through really fast, he said that it should close up in a couple weeks or so...
i wont go into detail, but lemme tell ya.. he pulled out a [poop] load of hair..
he gave me 1 shot of Anesthesia, but spread it around 5 diff spots.. the 1st and 3rd needle were a literal PITA... lol
but lemme tell you, if u ever get this.. well just hope you dont, cause
a) starts to smell, everything u sit on smells like poop
b) it hurts
c) its really a PITA (literally)

EDIT:
as promised......

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶

Last edited by mycrors4; 02-25-2010 at 07:34 PM..
Old 02-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Advance member

Glad everything went okay for you! And with legs that hairy, its a good thing the doc didn't use silver surgical tools, I hear werewolves are allergic to that sort of thing