Old 05-27-2008, 02:29 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to torredo
Thumbs up

i didnt mean to sound argumentative....i appologize bro'
im just stating the obvious

Skyline VS Civic:

89' Skyline GTST (lighter then R33s & GTRs) @ 1260 lb.
Engine
RB25DET w/250Hp/235TQ (319Nm) I6
2.5L DOHC Turbo Intercooled 24V
Bore & Stroke: 86 X 71.7
9:1 compression

5-Spd MT
VLSD (Viscous limited slip) differential

Fuel consumption
60L CAP.
94Octane fuel req.
Id be lucky to see 20MPG /Hwy

06+ Honda Civic 4-Door model @ curb weight: 2877 (for MT models)
Engine
2.0L DOHC 16V N/A I4
197HP/139TQ
Bore x Stroke: 3.39x3.39
11.0:1

6-Spd MT
LSD (Limited slip) differential

Fuel consumption
91Octane fuel req.
30+ MPG Est. /Hwy
Old 05-27-2008, 02:53 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
it aint that ECO, it only runs on 93-94 octane also...

forgot to say, we ran a 350z with the civic already...pwned it...watch out for that Vtac...grrr baby
just caught this one....bwhahaha!!
now this made me laugh! you honestly think the Civic could catch a 350Z nevermind "pwned it", or were you joking?

my buddy's 350z with the VQ is insane and its N/A too!
Old 05-27-2008, 07:05 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

Quote:
it aint that ECO, it only runs on 93-94 octane also...

forgot to say, we ran a 350z with the civic already...pwned it...watch out for that Vtac...grrr baby
aw come on, don't lie SS he must have had it stuck in like 5th gear.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

Quote:
Originally Posted by torredo View Post
just caught this one....bwhahaha!!
now this made me laugh! you honestly think the Civic could catch a 350Z nevermind "pwned it", or were you joking?

my buddy's 350z with the VQ is insane and its N/A too!

i'm dead serious, the second day we owned the car we ran a 350Z that her coworker owns, it was a girl driving and she didn't know what she was doing, but nonetheless, she lost...i honestly think this car can compete with a 350Z with no problem. sound stupid? i'm not even trying to justify that it's fast...i'm just trying to say that a 350Z most definitely isn't anything to brag about...unless you guys have some super duper Z package in canada?
Old 05-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Xmod Expert

Thumbs up

give me that chicks 350z and ill smoke your Civic hands down!
Old 05-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (12)

Quote:
i'm dead serious, the second day we owned the car we ran a 350Z that her coworker owns, it was a girl driving and she didn't know what she was doing, but nonetheless, she lost...i honestly think this car can compete with a 350Z with no problem. sound stupid? i'm not even trying to justify that it's fast...i'm just trying to say that a 350Z most definitely isn't anything to brag about...unless you guys have some super duper Z package in canada?

That my friend, is why you won.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Surgeon

Quote:
I am not trying to start an argument, but rather state a rebuttle against this story. It was a woman driving the 350z, I am not going to be so bold as to stereotype all women in general, but perhaps this woman didn't know what she was doing. I can speak from personal experience that I do have to deal with kids in their civics and tiburons. I look over and see the backwards cap with the sideburns growing down the side, the oakley sunglasses and hear the wasp-like growl of the civic SI with its bolt on exhaust and ram air intake. When this scenerio happens, I down shift and leave them like specs of nothingness in my rear window.

Now purely speaking, I do have the G35, which is not quite the 350z... I did test drive many 350z's and can say they are a very fun vehicle, and much more prone to bragging that the Honda counterpart(which is truly where the origins of my car experience comes from). I can say this was more than likely a very isolated incident from which you can make no long standing statements. On the highway, your lack of torque will keep you from beating the Z or G, and on the 0-60 you might be able to keep up with aftermarket tuning. The problem with comparing the aftermarket tuning side is, you will have to spend as much money or more to beat the Z than you would have to have just bought the Z.

On the plus side, you are getting better gas mileage.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Xmod Expert

i guess the girl had no idea eh' lol
anyhow...yea, im sure she had no idea where her RPM's could reach or when to shift, etc.... maybe it was her boyfriend/husbands 350z....otherwise, yes!
this 350z would run circles around the civic 4-door. I have no doubt in my mind what-so-ever!

like i said before, my buddie picked up a sweet blue GT 350Z which is getting even a better engine soon (Still a VQ but newer due to oil leaking issues or such) but even his motor now impressed me bigtime and it is N/A aswell.
thing is a fricking rocket compared to any stock civic by all means seeing as he traded off his 07 Civic Si 2-door coupe for it and his civic was pimped out with all the goodies such as Fujita SRI, P2 spacer, Race headers, etc....
and he even knows this 350z would kill his civic! lawls!

anyhow....i hope you enjoy the civic but keep in mind what it will cost you to obtain 50HP, or 100HP never mind gaining any real torque which would generally be achived through a supercharger kit or turbocharger kit really!
cuz any bolt on performance part other then Hondata will not gain much in the TQ department and will gain you mid-range power essentially.

good luck man.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Proud Supra owner!

Trader Rating: (10)
Send a message via AIM to WhiteMKIV Send a message via MSN to WhiteMKIV Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteMKIV

Wow your wife can drive stick thats awsome......and yeah i know exactly what you mean by quick dont underestimate the lil 4 bangers! vtak!!!!!!!!! lol but yeah congrats man........so do you drive it more than your wife? lol or are you sticking with your satty?

wow i am so far behind in the thread hahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
that wasnt exactly a good first post....

but im flattered my tool box turns you on
Old 05-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Xmod Expert

*sigh* does anybody read? wife's car...IDC...if i wanted to brag about beating a 350Z i would have never said it was a girl driving and blatantly stated that she didnt know what she was doing (i just thought it was funny to state the event) ... i personally don't care for honda...if i had to go buy a new sport compact for myself it would have probably been the cobalt SS...but the honda gets better gas mileage, is more dependable, and has a better resale value...hence...the wife's car. anyways, all bull**** aside...i'm fixing it up for her just for the hell of it, i'll be updating this thread with progress pics. i still think it'd be sweet to supercharge later on, but who knows. suggestions? opinions? wtfe? welcome...

again...michelle's car, not mine...**me <3 GM**

edit: btw torredo, whats a VQ? lost me
Old 05-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

VQ is the name of Nissan's uber V6, pretty sure it's the upcomming Z's new V6.

O'Course I don't know **** else about them,

But, if it's fine with SS, no more **** about Civic VS. everything else. Ya'll are walking the line on Chux's no VS. rule.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 05-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post

O'Course I don't know **** else about them,

But, if it's fine with SS, no more **** about Civic VS. everything else. Ya'll are walking the line on Chux's no VS. rule.
i agree =) dont get me started on civic vs. vespa.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Xmod Expert

agreed.....finished!
Old 05-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Surgeon

Quote:
The VQ in one form or another is being shoved into every Nissan. The Altima coupe can be purchased with a detuned 280hp version....

Word on the street, which is purely speculative, is the next Z might perhaps have a version of the 8 cylinder in the Titan.... Knowing Nissan they will stick to a six cylinder to keep the heritage going.

I wouldn't supercharge the civic, leave it stock for a dailey driver until all of this oil shinannigans is worked out....
Old 05-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Lol... that's BS. Nissan is killing all of their Nissan Titan. The next Titan will basically ride on the next Dodge Ram's platform. Engine drivetrain and all. And... why would they put such an unimpressive V8 into that car?

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 05-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Xmod Expert

i agree there too^
in some cases the bigger motor isnt always a better thing?

example:

350 chev or 327 chev?
ill take a 327 for its highout put on the fly, the 350 is nothing but a pig on gas that makes noise. lawls!

with the VQ (v6) Nissan engine....its awesome!
i think the v8 in a 350z would nosedive into the ****ter imho
Old 05-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
i agree there too^

example:

350 chev or 327 chev?
ill take a 327 for its highout put on the fly, the 350 is nothing but a pig on gas that makes noise. lawls!
I seriously doubt your SBC intelligence with that statement. That must totally be why GM never used the 327 in any modern performance variant and that it rarely had more HP or Torque beyond the 350 (only in the Corvette until it too dropped the 327). Beyond the old original 327, the 350 was in just about every performance car GM had up until the LS2. There was a reason the 327 didn't last anywhere near the time the 350 did. Can't be from the extra noise or the extra gas consumption. Can't be that even the 7L LS7 revs higher, makes more power, and consumes less gas then all of the above too (import engines as well, besides the honda).

It's not even a debate about displacement in Nissan's case... It's that their V8 just plainly sucks.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 05-27-2008 at 09:30 PM..
Old 05-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Xmod Expert

i dunno man, my experiencewith 350 & 327 were just that...

i found the 350 a clunky big POS, and the 327 superior myself, though i never really got into domestic so therfor cannot argue it, as i dont know **** about american muscle. Ive been into imports as long as ive been licensed to drive.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Surgeon

Quote:
And... why would they put such an unimpressive V8 into that car?
Torque, the rumor was they were going to up the HP output; however it was just a rumor. The likelihood would be that the 3.9 liter from the GTR would be placed N/A into the car to save production costs, or even more likely the new VQ37HR...

Quote:
i agree there too^
The philosophy bigger isn't better, as it pertains to motors/horsepower/performance isn't a very masculine thing to say. The combination of bigger and better works pretty well.

Lets get back on topic tho.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Xmod Expert

I dont know about the girl and her 350Z or anything.

I could for sure take you...

And what why would you want a 4.8L v8, mines 5.0 and its not enough. Wish GM still had the 5.3 V8...