Go Back   XmodSource.com > Competitions > Member vs. Member
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2009, 11:53 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude
Default Member vs. Member Build Off Area

Hi all,

So in the past a few of you have asked if we would have an issue with you creating your own build off competition between you and another member, we put a lot of thought in how best to handle this, we would of course love to give you such a section but we want the staff moderation to be minimal, so welcome to the Member vs. Member Build Off Area....

We still need to firm up the rules for this section but let me give you a basic run down.

The idea is that a member will PM the staff asking for a build off between them and another member we review the build off, i.e. make sure its interesting and that both people will take part.

If we approve it we give you and the other member an extra group permission that allows you to create threads in this section.

Once you have that permissions you create two threads:

XXXX vs. YYYY Build Off Entries
XXXX vs. YYYY Build Off Discussions

The first thread ideally would be for the two entrants only, they would use it to post up progress pictures.

Whilst nothing stops other members from replying to the entries thread we would ask that people not participating use the discussions thread to post comments and questions for the builders.

Once the build has been completed a poll is added to the entries thread and the members get to vote on which ride they like best.

Hopefully very similar to the regular competition rules just between a smaller number of entrants.

Please let me know if you have any questions and hopefully we can get a build off going in the next few weeks.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....