Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2009, 09:08 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Default Mid life crisis

Being a man who likes things planned out, I am planning my mid life crisis. The past 365 days have thrown quite a few wild situations my way and I feel i'm ready. Looking for any suggestions and figure I can at least get a good honest smile out of everyones suggestions. I have no desire to ever own a Corvette so that typical stereotype is out. It's either a mid life crisis or the looney bin, and my family kind of needs me at home.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:14 PM
TEAM DISPLACEMENT FOUNDER

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr.hotrod

drive a "camaro" in a looney bin lol
fast and the furious tokyo drift mustang 100%
rsx rally car 80%
nine in the quarter100%
HMU on live folks MrHotRod1971
Old 12-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

yeah camaros are nice, hows about a new ss camaro? or a 2010 mustang gt? maybe a dirt bike? got a truck? buy an rv or a boat.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

As funny as this sounds, I'm going through something comparable to a midlife crisis. The past two years of my life with my wife had been ridiculously boring, uncomfortable, and annoying, to say the least. I moved out and left her the house about five months ago. I'll be divorced in another month. I currently live with my parents until i buy another house this summer. I just packed up my clothes, a few other things, and brought my Silverado and Blazers here and left everything else there. Before I left, i was drinking a lot, and I NEVER drink, unfortunatley, it was the only way I could stay calm. A few days before i packed up and left, I'd broken, smashed, ripped and destroyed almost everything that I owned and packed it all in garbage bags and threw it away, I'd never felt so insane in my life. Now I'm happier than I'd ever been. I sat here and really thought about it and wondered if I was just making myself think that i was happy with everything, but I really am and it's great. I'm actually dating my first love from High School and we spend loads of time together having fun, which is one of the reasons that I'm not as active on here. One thing that I've learned about life is that you only get one, and if it's not exactly what you want then you need to do something. There's no point in settling for things and remaining comfortable. Like everything in life, achieving happiness or getting what you really want requires going through a little hell. Anyways, good luck with your premeditated midlife crisis.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
As funny as this sounds, I'm going through something comparable to a midlife crisis. The past two years of my life with my wife had been ridiculously boring, uncomfortable, and annoying, to say the least. I moved out and left her the house about five months ago. I'll be divorced in another month. I currently live with my parents until i buy another house this summer. I just packed up my clothes, a few other things, and brought my Silverado and Blazers here and left everything else there. Before I left, i was drinking a lot, and I NEVER drink, unfortunatley, it was the only way I could stay calm. A few days before i packed up and left, I'd broken, smashed, ripped and destroyed almost everything that I owned and packed it all in garbage bags and threw it away, I'd never felt so insane in my life. Now I'm happier than I'd ever been. I sat here and really thought about it and wondered if I was just making myself think that i was happy with everything, but I really am and it's great. I'm actually dating my first love from High School and we spend loads of time together having fun, which is one of the reasons that I'm not as active on here. One thing that I've learned about life is that you only get one, and if it's not exactly what you want then you need to do something. There's no point in settling for things and remaining comfortable. Like everything in life, achieving happiness or getting what you really want requires going through a little hell. Anyways, good luck with your premeditated midlife crisis.

Did you take it out on Xmods too? D:
Old 12-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNKevin4EvA View Post
Did you take it out on Xmods too? D:
my RC cars and computers were the only things that survived =P
Old 12-15-2009, 10:05 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
Deep my friend, my wife is 78.2% of the cause for the pre planned crisis, but thankfully, not due to our relationship. She stuck with me through some crazy times which you and I talked about in private during a time which now seems like many moons ago, now it's my turn to be at her side. I am glad to hear your happy though. As far as the above suggestions from everyone else about buying a chevy product......not likely. I think step one will be a Ducati, always wanted one. I want a 748 or 996 monoposto. Not for the price or popularity, I just think it is the best looking bike ever made.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

ohh good call! have you looked into the ktm superduke yet? or personaly id like to get my hands on a streeted cr500 super moto, yes there is such a thing, and yes if i bought one it would be going straight to service honda so they could work their majic on it to the tune of 94 hp in a 230 pound bike, and gearing capable of 96 mph on dirt! scary fast
Old 12-15-2009, 10:33 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

go on a R/C shopping spree for a month(erm may cost more than a corvette of camaro if u know what i mean).. then when it's all over u sell the ones u hate and regain some $$$
but i like step one too just make sure u dont let ur sons get a hold of the keys. or kick it over, but maybe get something like a challenger? or the Stang Super Snake?(if u have the money)

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 12-15-2009, 11:41 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

I thought spending thousands of dollars on oversized RC cars was your midlife crisis?

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 12-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (19)

Knowing that you are about to go through a mid-life-crisis kind of helps but as I am going through something similar I know that each day can be a bit of a drag when you are figuring out what to do to get through your own personal dilema. Buying a car is out in my book as it does nothing but add to some bills you already don't want to pay and once you over your crisis what do you do with it? I am buying another bike as my last was sold at the urging of my wife. And even though your wife may ride this out with you DON"T listen to her suggestions on what you should do or need to do. That is something you have to figure out on your own as it will be you they affect the most in the end. And if you do go on a small shopping spree, get that stuff you really wanted but make sure it is something that will take a while to put together so you have some time with it and when that feeling hits you go work on it. Or get a bunch of stuff you just hate to look at, take it out back and totally destroy it. May **** off your wife but you will feel better and get to buy new stuff out the deal. My wife is still ****ed at me for destroying my last laptop, and 3 game systems(not naming them as it may cause heart attacks in some younger members). But I have replaced 2 of them and am getting the last one this weekend for a heck of a deal. And to be truthful that is why I traded so many of my cars off. To keep from destroying them I traded the ones that were at the most risk for meeting my car tires or a sledge hammer. Your family needs you and you need them right now. They are not going to understand some of the stuff you are going to do eventually but they should understand. Your wife will understand but if you do what I did she will be mad for a bit but will get over it. I'm sorry this post is so long but I know how you feel. I will be 40 in July and mine started right after my 39th birthday and has been going on for a while so I guess this is a chance for me to get some of it off my chest. I will say if you need to talk to vent or anything just hit me on pm and I will contact you from there. I didn't get much help with mine until close to the end but talking with people who have or are going through it helps a lot. Take care.
I need alloy rims but not the rs alloy rims. If you have some you are willing to part with let me know. Paying top dollar for them and even better if they are top cad alloy rims as I will pay full price and a half for them.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:10 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdragon View Post
I am buying another bike as my last was sold at the urging of my wife. And even though your wife may ride this out with you DON"T listen to her suggestions on what you should do or need to do.
In my run-ins with many car guys and builders in real life and over forums, this is the one sentiment they all tell me. Right after "I should have listed to every other swingin' **** told me, don't get married"...

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 12-16-2009, 12:22 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

I thought the 80s vette was the iconic american male mid-life crisis car, my vote goes towards a white one just like faceman from the a-team!!!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 12-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Elite member

Your a bit young for a mid life crisis in my opinion. 36 isn't THAT old. There are still professional athletes performing well at 36. I think a mid life crisis is better planned for the late 40's.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Banned

Im in early life crisis. I go to a top notch school, work my butt off to keep up. My parents also work very hard to support our family and I admire them. My parents get along very well, but they get poor salary. They try their hardest to support me in this hobby, but they can't most of the time, thats why I trade. My parents are getting old, im 15 and they are over 50. I was born late, my parents are leaving me to pay off the mortgage on the house when they retire. My sister dropped out of high school long ago. She is 24, can't support herself, and probably just got fired from her job. Im being pressured at a young age. I used to play video games mindlessly, wasting time away. Now, that I do come to think of it, playing too much is a waste of time. I can do productive things and prepare for a better future, instead of rotting away from games.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:52 AM
micro-creationist

Trader Rating: (1)

We all hit a point where we wonder if life went in the right direction for us.

You can't change where you've been.

You need to decide if where you're going is right for you....

My life is full of turmoil but I struggle through just because there are many people relying on me to stay sane on the course we've projected....not that i wouldn't want to buy an Arial Atom and go on an epic road trip.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
I thought the 80s vette was the iconic american male mid-life crisis car, my vote goes towards a white one just like faceman from the a-team!!!
My dad just bought a antique Honda Goldwing... He already has the Bimmer and the antique Honda...
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 12-16-2009, 06:18 PM
dirtlover/moderator

1st off i truly hope i am not at the middle of my life having just turned 36...i guess my crisis solutions have been a new mountain bike, a couple of new snowboards and i am looking at a new splitboard...but i'd like to think these are all the things i wanted to live mine to the fullest the only way i know how...i've been doing the same job for almost 20 years and realize its time for some classes and a change of professions...

...if we are talikng vehicles as our crisis solutions, which is fine by me, i am finally in a serious search for a subie...now to find the right one

...as for BART i kinda pictured you with no shirt and a big ol beer belly cruisin on a harley off into the sunset...am i close?...oh well i hope you get a chuckle at least

Edit: sidenote...new floyd boxset is out FYI

Team X.I.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:27 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydfanYodaman View Post

...as for BART i kinda pictured you with no shirt and a big ol beer belly cruisin on a harley off into the sunset...am i close?...oh well i hope you get a chuckle at least

definitely made me laugh, that pretty much describes my polar opposite. Skinny, short hair, glasses, and prefer the sound of a superbike bouncing off of the rev limiter.

BTW. Roger will be touring and performing "the wall" in 2010/2011, we saw him in 06 and 07. Great shows.

Last edited by BART; 12-16-2009 at 06:53 PM..
Old 12-16-2009, 06:58 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydfanYodaman View Post
1st off i truly hope i am not at the middle of my life having just turned 36...i guess my crisis solutions have been a new mountain bike, a couple of new snowboards and i am looking at a new splitboard...but i'd like to think these are all the things i wanted to live mine to the fullest the only way i know how...i've been doing the same job for almost 20 years and realize its time for some classes and a change of professions...

...if we are talikng vehicles as our crisis solutions, which is fine by me, i am finally in a serious search for a subie...now to find the right one

sounds like me except the belly's from pop and I'm afraid of motorcycles.

But I am building this