Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 12-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner
Default project house runner

well, today me and my dad started on a project that we've been trying to find time for and today we started, its a really old golfcart that was givin to us i believe a 1979-84 if i had to guess but this wild beast is dangerous! heres how it goes

the gas pedal gets stuck on full alot.

the brakes do not work so you have to use the parking brake, yes that locks up the rear wheels. but when you put the parking brake on the gas pedal goes down. lol you keeping up with that ok?

well the plan was to fix the brakes and make it safe, but since we will rip it down i figured i'd repaint it since i was going to polish all the aluminum i figures it would look good in a dark metallic blue, but my mom wants yellow, and my dad doesnt care. lol any help with that would be good

but here she is

hmm. these seats are so clean and beautiful.... not!

dont ya just love that old crappy plastic carpet?
to make it even better its uga colors! eww!

took the roof off, lol the first convertable i've driven lol but the back supports bolds were rusted on and stripped.. we'll have fun taking thoose off....

lots of cracks in the fiberglass... i'll have fun fixing that...

lol got the front taken off, aint she pretty? lol it was fun riding around in the neighborhood like this, freaked the neighbors out lol

and heres the front sitting next to my truck

enjoy! comments complaints, alls welcome!

btw, mods i had no idea what section this would go in so if i did wrong please move it, lol you guys are awesome! except when i get in trouble then you suck, lol jking!

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants

Last edited by winner; 12-29-2009 at 08:15 PM..
Old 12-29-2009, 07:56 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Placement isn't as much of a problem as language is.. Let's please try to keep mère's out of this forum..

Good luck with the project. They can be a lot of fun, but also, as you said, dangerous.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 12-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Dude I got a couple ideas for you get one of those motors from those go carts that go like 90 maybe twin motors . But make sure you upgrade the roof just incase you roll it over. I am sure there is a group of modified golf cart races somewere. If they race lawn mowers then they have to race golf carts. OMG I cant believe I just found this website http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/annou...sociation.html I ment that in a strictly joking manner.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonx9 View Post
Dude I got a couple ideas for you get one of those motors from those go carts that go like 90 maybe twin motors . But make sure you upgrade the roof just incase you roll it over. I am sure there is a group of modified golf cart races somewere. If they race lawn mowers then they have to race golf carts. OMG I cant believe I just found this website http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/annou...sociation.html I ment that in a strictly joking manner.
lol i dont think i can do that, its electric, most of thoose go carts are gas, but i like the electric ones because of the torque since this thing is really for pulling trailers up and down the steep hill beside our house we need all the torque we can get.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Xmod Expert

double post

i drifted the golfcart!!!!! lol its true, it had been raining and we were working on it in the garage, when i went to stuck it back in the barn i was sliding all over the place, after i got down down the steep hill beside our house i made the turn to get around the barn and the rear end started to slide out, lol i reversed the steering and went ken block for like 8 or 9 feet, lol my first ever non pointless drift in a vehical ever!

anyways, heres the update for today

well, we rebuild the master cylinder for the brakes, and just my luck thats not where we were looseing brake fluid. what was really happening was the bushings in the right rear brake cylinoid were gone, thats why the ground is wet in the pic bellow lol. but lucky enough we had the parts to fix it from the box my uncle gave us with it so i have working brakes

lol i finnaly got the supports for the back of the roof off, that took awhile and some hard work lol

and this is the piece that adjusts how far the brake shoes can come in, it was far too long (thats why that wheel kept locking up) so we had to custom cut it
before

after

heres where i really need help
well the lugnuts have been loose for awhile, and it took out the threads on 2 of the posts (pic bellow) is there any possible way to replace just the messed up stubs? can to please tell me how or where i can get it done??

but thats all for today, comments, complaints, mean complaints all welcome!

Old 12-31-2009, 08:51 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (5)

I take it this is engine powered not electric motor?

It would make a good little track run around lol, bigger engine, rollcage built there the old roof posts were.......I WANT ONE! lol

sounds nice in met blue.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:21 AM
Xmod Expert

lol thanks man, its full on electric, lol and i raced it against my neighbors and there pretty even. but if you wanted to put a roll cage on there you'd be better off just getting one of thoose rage buggies like they had on top gear

Old 12-31-2009, 12:55 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

For your problem with the studs, you should be able to just pop them out (with the rear brake system off, so the hub is exposed) then, be able to get them out from the back side, and do the same thing to put them back in.

Looks like your studs could be ranging from 5/16-3/4.

Blade.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:12 PM
Xmod Expert

thats what we were thinking, any idead on what tool you would use? we thought about usweing a hammer but we dont want to go bending the axle because you cant find anything for that model these days, do you think a gear puller mite work?

Old 12-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Banned

I used a clamp on the ones I changed out on my parents wagon.

Anything that you can press with is good, but it needs to have pressure on the back side also.

A rubber mallet/brass mallet would work also, but that is if your hub is strong enough to withstand fierce hits. Though... you could put a piece of 2x4 behind the hub and hit it then with the mallet...

Blade.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Xmod Expert

thanks man! i'll hopefuly get it done saturday (rain dont clear up till then and i cant get it up the hill when its wet) but thanks so much for the help!

Old 12-31-2009, 08:54 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Drive the studs out with a big hammer. One solid square hit should do the trick. You are not going to bend the axle.

I use a lug nut and a large front wheel drive axle nut to pull them back into the hub. Lube every thing while doing this. The studs can most likely be bought at a auto parts store.

this a a professional kit. I don't own one the home made tool I mentioned above works great.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:16 PM
Xmod Expert

thanks man, but on the golf cart forum i learned that the the at the end of the axle there is a metal plate welded on, that the stubs are pressed in, so the stubs are on a steel plate welded to the axles, so im really not sure if i can get them out with a hammer without bending that plate.

do you guys think i could saw off the back side and drill out the screw? would it be better?

Old 12-31-2009, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
thanks man, but on the golf cart forum i learned that the the at the end of the axle there is a metal plate welded on, that the stubs are pressed in, so the stubs are on a steel plate welded to the axles, so im really not sure if i can get them out with a hammer without bending that plate.

do you guys think i could saw off the back side and drill out the screw? would it be better?
Could do the trick drilling the back side. Use a cutting blade or a hacksaw on the threaded part of the stud itself and the drill the rest out.

Though, the question is now, do you have the required parts? You don't want to go cutting and destroying items if you do not have the parts to replace the ones you want to replace eh? Check to see if some are still good though, so it will save you some hassel on some of it eh?

Good luck man! Hope you get her done eh?

Blade.

-Edit- Opps didn't read it properly haha, cutting the back side eh? You could do that, probably will do the trick. Do you have a personal welder at home?
Old 12-31-2009, 10:49 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post
Could do the trick drilling the back side. Use a cutting blade or a hacksaw on the threaded part of the stud itself and the drill the rest out.

Though, the question is now, do you have the required parts? You don't want to go cutting and destroying items if you do not have the parts to replace the ones you want to replace eh? Check to see if some are still good though, so it will save you some hassel on some of it eh?

Good luck man! Hope you get her done eh?

Blade.

-Edit- Opps didn't read it properly haha, cutting the back side eh? You could do that, probably will do the trick. Do you have a personal welder at home?
Lol yea we got all the tools we need lol and there's only 2 stubs that need to be replaced and we don't own a welder but we have easy access to one. Lol and sorry if I misspelled anything, I'm on my itouch lol

Old 01-01-2010, 10:19 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I'm a little lost are you taking about the hub? If so that's some thick as steel it won't bend. The wheel studs are pressed into that hub, they will easily pop right out with a little whack.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
I'm a little lost are you taking about the hub? If so that's some thick as steel it won't bend. The wheel studs are pressed into that hub, they will easily pop right out with a little whack.
Lol I'll just take your word on it, if the ground dries up enough that I can get it in the garage I'll try and fix it

Old 01-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Elite member

Repaint it flat gunmetal grey, and re-upholster the seats in black leather.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotmikal View Post
Repaint it flat gunmetal grey, and re-upholster the seats in black leather.
i wish i could afford to reupholster it... and im not reall into flat colors

update!
well today was very painful, sice it was too muddy to get it into the garage i decided to check the water levels in the batteries, and i got a little battery acid on my hands...

lesson learned.... after working with battery acid, wash you hands before you pee.... ouch!

im off to post on fml.. later!

Old 02-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Xmod Expert

well its been awhile but not much new

i was going to post this a few days ago but could'nt get my lazy self down stairs to get the camera wire lol

well we had about 5 inches of snow, i tried to take the xtruck out but it just dug it self a hole with it torqe. so what next? golfcart snow drifting! yep lol took me about 3 hours to get it up the ultra steep hill beside our house alone (had to ring up a 5:1 pulley system, and had to move it from tree to because of shortage of long ropes. but it was well worth the work, icey roads + golfcart= ftw!

well anyway heres the pics

^lol it way pretty cool, when my neighbors saw a 15 year old kid driving a golfcart with no front end driving like a idiot they got out of my way...... lol really fast

icey roads fun for going down a steep hill then slaming on the brakes and turning the wheel, lol almost threw my friend out if it lol, it would do about 2-3 spins then slow down enough that you could turn it in to a controlled drift

right before the scary as hell trip back to the barn, hill was slick and at the bottom it gets narrow, and theres like a 5ft ditch on each side lol didnt wreck though

what was used to get it up the hill

lol and for some reason leaving reall big snow balls areoun the outside of our house reall made my mom mad lol this is one that lived, it was 1 out of 7

im going to try to get to prepping the front end for paint this weekend

questions, comments, complaints, all welcome